• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call the currency?

What do you call the currency?

• Total voters

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I call the currency Zimbabwean Dollars, as a 'Youngster' gave me $3,000(ish) for defeating him in a Pokemon battle. He's too young to have any real money, therefore that $3,000 must've equated to about 10p in UK Sterling.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I usually either call it dollars or yen or pokeyen. Dollars cuz I'm lazy. yen and pokeyen because in the japanese version they used a yen sign next to the money.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I've always called it "Pen"

It really is Yen, and it has the Yen symbol, except it's a P, instead of a Y. So, I call it Pen.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Canonically it's called Pokémon Dollars (Pokédollars in Japan) according to the GCN games. MD may call them Poké, but it never uses the symbol and it's not Farfetch'd that it would be a different currency.

I usually, however, call them 'bucks', or 'money', 'cash', etc. Honestly I rarely say dollars when referring to real life dollars. Although if I was asked what the currency is called, I'd say Pokédollars.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    I just call it dollars. example I have 34555 dollars. none of the games tell you anything about the currency.are they coins?paper? I dont think anyone bothered to think of a name.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I just call them PokéDollars. I remember writing a fanfic where Sabrina was in an alternate reality similar to ours, where she nearly fooled someone into thinking they were Yen. So I guess that means I perceive them as looking quite alike.

Liv

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I call it "Pokeyen". Igot the poke part from the "poke" in mystery dugeon, and yen because it looks like the yen symbol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Generally speaking, I like to call them Pokemarks. For each region, I give them different names. Kanto- KantoMarks, Johto- JohtoMarks, Sinnoh- SinnohMarks, Hoenn = Hoennese Yuan/Yen (I like to think that Hoenn use a different type of currency because they're not on the continental mainland like Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh are.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I never really had a special name for it and I don't believe Pokémon ever introduced a specific name to call it anyway. Although I rarely speak of it, when I do, I usually just call it money because of the same reason and since it isn't a main thing to worry about (as it's very easy to obtain money in the game), it doesn't really matter to me. n_n;

If Pokémon were to have a name for the money, I would agree with PokéDollars since it seems like the most possible name GameFreak would come up with if not more creative. :P

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
    I usually just call them "bucks", or "dollars". I think in the Anime (at least in the English dub) they use dollars as well. iirc, the Magikarp salesman mentions dollars.

Back