• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do with filler Pokemon from Wonder Trade?

accursed

Dragon Breeder
Years
it's always nice to get someones breeding fails, and i tend to keep those. males with egg moves or natures that i may use. if it is a lvl 1 and has nothing to offer me (nature, egg moves, abliity) i put it back into the WT and if its some garbage that someone caught to trade away, i will release it. My boxes are full enough with breeding fodder and fails as it is to hold on to some lvl 15 pidgey. i have never got shinies or females in rare balls through the trade mostly garbage. The odd 6 iv male, those are always nice.

Years
Pretty much, I retrade them, unless I can use them. Usually, I start with something decent, like a fossil pokemon or a breeding leftover. I trade and retrade until I get something I can evolve/use. I feel kind of bad, trading the junk pokemon back out, but then I remember the guy who wonder traded me a Magikarp nicknamed AIDS. >:(

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 11, 2015
I release starter garbage I get, and I get it often.

I keep other bred pokemon, if they have their hidden ability, egg moves, or nature.

Sometimes if I'm in a bad mood I wonder trade the starter stuff back out. That's rare though. I really only trade 4-5 IV bred pokemon.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
I pretty much agree with everyone here.
I keep them if they have movesets, IVS.
I keep all scatterbugs.
I release the rest when i run out of space.

I was lucky to get a farfetch'd with pokerus from a WT.

Rahaste

yup
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Usually I just keep the junk. On my old save file, I traded my Yveltal and my prized level 70-something? Simisage.

along with my 40 marills

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I just let it rot in my trade box and use for lotto id. If was a a starter and the starter have good IV and an egg moves, I train it and trade it for egible trader

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2015
I am pretty organized with my boxes. I have several wonder trade boxes and unsorted boxes. I will wondertrade all my moms, then sort through by looking at lvl/capture method (scroll through the page 3 summary with down) then release all route caught pokemon. Then I IV check any unmarked pokemon, one's I plan on keeping go to unsorted; one's that aren't good get released. Ones that are good but I don't need go back to the WT box.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Sadly I release them as I don't have much space in my PC Box.

If they have desirable IVs and as well as a beneficial Nature for the Pokémon species, I'll take it under my wing and train it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
If it has/will have the name in english, I usually it in my box in place of my former one.

But if it's a zigzagoon or poochyena or something, I just infect it with pokerus and wonder trade it again.

Back