• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you not want to see in HG/SS?

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    How were the apicorns annoying? If you want one, take it, if you are feeling lazy or dont want it, simply dont O__O

and I found them to be very useful, especially that heavy ball for catching different types of pokemon, for example those heavy legendaries :D

MexicanHat

Retired pkmn player
    Years
    I don't want Whitney's Miltank to know Rollout because that always messed me up when I faced her.

omg what's the point in playing if the games are too easy :(.
    i think that they should atleast make the game a lot harder.
    Before i just fought all battles with typlosion lvl 100. :D
    I might buy DS or then ill just wait till a good emulator is here + the rom ofcourse

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    omg what's the point in playing if the games are too easy :(.
    i think that they should atleast make the game a lot harder.
    Before i just fought all battles with typlosion lvl 100. :D
    I might buy DS or then ill just wait till a good emulator is here + the rom ofcourse

How do you not own a DS yet?

Also, the game is gonna be really easy when you have a lvl 100 Typhlosion to fight all battles (what did you hack or something?).

But yes, I agree that the game should be harder.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I don't really mind Red, I just hope his Pikachu will evolve. Or at least will gain some nice Light Ball(!, we forgot about this item I think o-o). That Pokemon is ridiculous, Red/Ash must damn grow up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2019
    im sick of having to go to events and using cheats that might screw up the game i hope that all the legendaries will be able to be caught after u beat the elite four

Years
    The things I don't want back are the apicorns in there original form because you can only get one berry per bush per day and the closure of the Safari Zone in Kanto.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I was looking at sprites for HGSS which someome just took from a screenshot, and they look really really really Cartoon-ish.

I do not want to see that.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    My lord, Brendonwii, what a big sig you have.

But what I wouldn't want to see is that darn Farfetch'd. I know it was a neccessary event to leave in the game, but that bird made me wanna fry it and serve it to the crew of the SS Anne to teach it a lesson about running from me.

Years
    I only had to talk to Farfetch'd like 4 times. I stopped it from going all the way around the forest. You have to block it at a specific part to make it go back. It was pretty easy having to chase it. ^_^

I don't want to see the encounter rates of 1% (That was the chance of getting a Munchlax in a honey tree.) That was irritating. I want the encounter rates to be higher if we're going to get stuck with honey trees.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was looking at sprites for HGSS which someome just took from a screenshot, and they look really really really Cartoon-ish.

I do not want to see that.

You do know that this isn't real, right? What are they gonna do, get a real picture of Pokemon?

I can understand where you're coming from, but seriously. It's cartoon styled.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A GS Remake with no Kanto.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    A GS Remake with no Kanto.
    Kanto is a big part of the game (not that big, but big enough). If that were taken out, they would need something big to go in its place. That's a huge change, which is something not normally (keyword: normally) done in a remake. That's like Super Mario World being remade and they take out Yoshi.

Years
    oak in the intro,
    kurts stupid balls,
    honey trees,
    hoenn and sinnoh pokes in johto... put them in the kanto part after you get the national dex
    tougher gyms
    not mixing lugia/hooh in the story
    i wanna see MORE of a story line, the old one was sooo weak
    they better keep kanto
    dont put in hoenn and sinnoh

Last edited:

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    oak in the intro,
    kurts stupid balls,
    honey trees,
    hoenn and sinnoh pokes in johto... put them in the kanto part after you get the national dex
    milktanks rollout
    not mixing lugia/hooh in the story
    i wanna see MORE of a story line, the old one was sooo weak

them not putting in kanto
    that would be gay

eventually they need to make a game where you start out in kanto and then travel all throughout all of the regions
    even firered/leafgreen islands.

1. If you train, Milktank won't be a problem. Whining about it how it beat you in the originals won't magically chnge its moveset in HG/SS.

2. So, you want a better storyline, yet you think them putting the mascot legends would be stupid or something.

3. The levels would be to high and unless the game forces you to level down before you go to another region, it would be to hectic and such.

I would not like to see a Battle Frontier.

Years
    oak in the intro, I agree. Elm should be there instead.
    kurts stupid balls, I disagree. I liked the Pokeballs he made, but I don't want to wait a whole day for them. Maybe we could just exchange an apricorn for a Pokeball?
    honey trees, I agree. I never really used them. Headbutt trees were better.
    hoenn and sinnoh pokes in johto... put them in the kanto part after you get the national dex I partially agree. I would like to have at least the Sinnoh evolutions of Johto Pokemon: Yanmega, Gliscor, etc.
    milktanks rollout Disagree. It was a challenge and gave me the determination to level up my Pokemon for when I battle Morty and his Pokemon.
    not mixing lugia/hooh in the story They should be part of the story. All it was, "Here's an item, now *insert legendary Pokemon* will appear."
    i wanna see MORE of a story line, the old one was sooo weak It does appear that there will be a bigger storyline this time. The reason why the newer storylines are better is because they are newer. They didn't really need to improve RBY that much because it was good, but they gave TR more of a story in FrLg.
    them not putting in kanto They should be putting in Kanto. Not doing so would be like taking Mario out of the Mario games.

eventually they need to make a game where you start out in kanto and then travel all throughout all of the regions
    even firered/leafgreen islands.

I don't think they'll make a game like that any time soon. If they were to do that then no one would play any of the previous games, because they could just play one game and be done with it.

I don't want Red's Pokemon to be weaker than Barry's. I want Red (or Leaf if they choose to put her in Mt. Silver if you play as the girl) to have stronger Pokemon than Barry.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    In the remake will there be 16 badges instead of 8 like in the old Gold/Silver? Get 8 badges in Johto, then go to Kanto I believe it was and get the other 8?

Back