• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What do you play you Pokemon GBA Games for?

What do you play your Pokemon games for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I play them because I like them. Not for transfering Pokemon to DP, not for training Pokemon that will be eventually transferred to DP, but just because I like playing them.

I already contacted the Pokemon USA Company. They said most likely not.
    Pokemon USA doesn't decide if a GSC remake will be made, Game Freak does.

Treeckouser

LiFe's wORth liViNG fOr
    Years
    Well, of course I play for fun. I love the GBA games, even more then the Ds ones! I don't like the D/P contests...

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I don't like Contests at all. They have kind of ruined the game somewhat, but I guess there is a lot of people who likes them.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
    ... O_o

I um, play them because I enjoy them? After I transfered my important Pokemon from Emerald to my Diamond version I restarted it, but I left my Sapphire as-is. I spent way too much time perfecting that, and it has too many memories to just move all of my Pokemon and nuke it. I still pick it up when I feel nostalgic from time to time.

I feel the same way about my Ruby but I went ahead and moved all three regis to my Diamond... Once I migrate Mewtwo, though, Leafgreen is getting restarted.

I like them because they're a lot faster. The battles don't take nearly as long even with battle anim. on. The characters move faster when walking, too. :S I guess I'm just impatient, but Diamond battles are a pain in the butt with animations on.

actually what I heard is that Platinum may be a remake of G/S/C for the Ds. But that is speculation because there is two versions for every release.

That would be amazing. My gold stopped saving, my brother messed his silver up with a game shark, and my *other* brother lost his crystal. So we're all Johto-deprived. :( It's really quite depressing. And a new gold version is like ninety bucks to buy new from someone over the net.

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    I feel the same way about my Ruby but I went ahead and moved all three regis to my Diamond... Once I migrate Mewtwo, though, Leafgreen is getting restarted.

I like them because they're a lot faster. The battles don't take nearly as long even with battle anim. on. The characters move faster when walking, too. :S I guess I'm just impatient, but Diamond battles are a pain in the butt with animations on.

That would be amazing. My gold stopped saving, my brother messed his silver up with a game shark, and my *other* brother lost his crystal. So we're all Johto-deprived. :( It's really quite depressing. And a new gold version is like ninety bucks to buy new from someone over the net.

well I'm hoping it does happen, because they remade R/B so G/s/C is next in theory

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    But try out Shiny Gold or the (soon-to-be?) Platinum version, while waiting for the official re-makes. :P

Or start a new game. It's sad to lose your recorded things in a gameboy game (why is there only 1 slot?) but the strange happiness you get every time you start a game over... ouh.
    Of course though, it's not completely as fun when you've done this a couple hundred times...

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
    Pretty much all 3 reasons. My friends that have the Diamond and Pearl games like it when I have my GBA with me, so that they can put my Pokemon in their Pal Park. That's how my one friend ended up with a Moltres and Zapdos xD

But I also play them because I myself don't have a DS. But when I do get one, I plan on putting everybody on my GBA games into the Pal Park. Plus, it's fun reminiscing a little xD

Years
    Just to play what I haven't played..
    RS = Done (Ruby)
    Emerald = No
    FR = Now playing
    DP = Nearly at the E4, then someone deleted my game >_<
    Crystal = Done a long time ago..
    RBY = Had a look at the graphic, lost my enthusiasm..

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    But try out Shiny Gold or the (soon-to-be?) Platinum version, while waiting for the official re-makes. :P

Or start a new game. It's sad to lose your recorded things in a gameboy game (why is there only 1 slot?) but the strange happiness you get every time you start a game over... ouh.
    Of course though, it's not completely as fun when you've done this a couple hundred times...
    I play shiny gold its amazing, good times good times =D

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    well I think because I kind of compare fire red/ leaf green to ruby and sapphire, and there is a major different. In Ruby and Sapphire there is a lot more to do IMO

That is EXACTLY where i come from on this.

also, who said emerald had nothing to do after the elite four?

first, you've got a megaton of legendaries left over. seriously, groudon, kyogre, regis (unless you already took care of that. I didn't.) Latias (forget latios. I can just port him over from ruby or use AR codes.) and, fi you don't qualify it as hacking (and i don't as long as you catch them fairly, meaning without masterball codes or the like) mew, ho-oh, deoxys, lugia.

and then there's battle frontier, which is a whole 'nother ballgame. it lasts about six times as long as the Sevii islands quests, and is more rewarding.

that's what emerald is for. I restart, like i said, twice a month just for the heck of it.

Years
    Just to play what I haven't played..
    RS = Done (Ruby)
    Emerald = No
    FR = Now playing
    DP = Nearly at the E4, then someone deleted my game >_<
    Crystal = Done a long time ago..
    RBY = Had a look at the graphic, lost my enthusiasm..
    You wouldn't play R/B/Y just because of the graphics? You are INSANE!!!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I play them for fun. I really enjoy playing the Pokemon games now and then... that reminds me I gotta start playing them again... ^^' I've played MD for quite a while now... Maybe I should restart FireRed?
    Ah well, and I don't have DS...yet..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back