• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think about Team Rocket returning?

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
Years
  • Team Rocket was awesome, I can't wait to see them again in HG/SS. I really want to see who these new admins are.

As for the other teams... Galactic was actually pretty good imo, sure they looked dumb but they were still pretty good villains and they had nice battle music (still not as good as Rocket's though. :p) Aqua/Magma on the other hand... They were kind of annoying and sometimes seemed kind of pointless, I'd just give them a meh.

Years
  • It's not nostalgia.
    Team Rocket was the most effective CRIME SYNDICATE in the pokemon verse. Let's be real. Giovanni really was the Godfather of this series. Don Corleone at his finest. It makes SENSE for a reasonable, bottom-line oriented thinker to run a game corner as well as other businesses all the while growing an empire.
    What's scarier? EVIL bad guys with control Legendary pokemon (which will ultimately be restored by the balance of power among 3 opposing Legends with or without the help of the hero) or an incredibly shifty pokemon mafia that has been lining the pockets of officials and politicians for years, whose power has yet to be challenged and is basically playing puppet master to to the entire plot up until the Godfather is taken out. (Don't get all nit-picky on me here. I know this is a stretch. But the Godfather metaphor is a legitimate one).

My point is, it's a very different sort of "villainous team" but frankly, more insidious. I don't think anyone is questioning Cyrus as the ultimate BAMF of the pokeverse, but Rocket had him beat as far as organization and planning were concerned. Giovanni would have succeeded without Red. Would Cyrus? I don't know. Giratina wouldn't have any of that I'm sure, and if he did, raise your hand if you think Arceus would just roll over for him? I didn't think so.

Yes, I'm glad Team Rocket will be returning. I think there are the most realistic of the teams, and therefore the most frightening. They're only problem? Giovanni needs to do a little more background checking before hiring his grunts. A good mafia would have never let a kid even see the boss. Pop a cap. Steal his pokes. Done. :)

LilPotts

Hi!
    Years
  • For me team rocket's the best... But I have to admit the team Galactic plan was very good... A new world... they weren't very challenging though.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • To be honest, you won't expect any less from a Johto series remake. Team Rocket starred in the old ones so it makes sense for them to return in the new games.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

Whoa 0_o. I'm not dissing the other teams, I'm just simply saying that they had normal goals. You can't tell me that making a new universe is normal. X_x

no we can't, but we can tell you it's totally cliche
    i will give cyrus that he was badass and and probs the most evil of them all (and the only one that has a semi normal haircut) But the whole destroy the univers and make it the way i want thing has been done

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Whoa 0_o. I'm not dissing the other teams, I'm just simply saying that they had normal goals. You can't tell me that making a new universe is normal. X_x

I never said you were. I was saying that they can't make another 'normal' evil goal because they've already done one.

Giratina wouldn't have any of that I'm sure ...

You can bet all the money you own I wouldn't

No, I don't think she'd take that very well either.

Last edited:
    Years
  • well, they never really left o.o
    Team Roacket was always in the Johto games...

but im happy i get to battle against them in the fourth generation. they rock. =3

Dandaman955

The not-so new guy anymore =(
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2019
    team rocket > win, its great they're coming back! the only team thats been in all 4 generations

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • Cyrus was definatley the best boss in my opinion. I loved how he tried to use logic to support his views, and he had loads of background story. However Team Rocket is bad ass and the best all round team, however i don't see people's beef with Aqua and Magma, i thought they were awesome, especially in Sootopolis. thb though I'm one of the few who loved Hoenn. But this wouldn't be a remake and it wouldn't be Johto if TR weren't in it (I konw they are).

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Team Rocket making their return to Johto once more never really came as much of a surprise to me. It was expected more so seeing as they were kept in Johto since the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal games came out almost nine to ten years ago. So, seeing them back doesn't change my emotion or feeling of the game, but basically an assuring feel that the remakes are sticking more to the originals rather than a new game in total. However, as great as they are back to continue their original "get-rich-quick" schemes, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of difference to their teams and levels like so many have questioned before. We'll see how it turns out though, but to have the original gang-like group make another reappearance since FRLG will be another nice experience all over again.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

What's stopping them from making another 'normal' evil goal?

And I quote: "I was saying that they can't make another 'normal' evil goal BECAUSE THEY'VE ALREADY DONE ONE."

If they put out another 'normal' evil goal, everyone would start whining about how the new team copied Team Rocket and how the Pokémon guys were just trying to replicate TR's incredible-ness that's clearly been lost to time and will clearly never return ever ever ever EVER.

Basically, they won't do it simply because it's been done before and people will complain about them running out of ideas. Do you understand that now?

Last edited:

Slowking

Live By The Creed
    Years
  • I hate it every time team rocket shows upin the show, that's why I like to kick their butt in the game!

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
  • Yea, after all they did make GSC the SEQUELS to the original games!
    How many other teams have made a sequel!
    Cyrus is sequel material and I hope he makes an appearance/return in future Pokemon games[ if they're made].

Team Rocket is Rockin'!

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Yea, after all they did make GSC the SEQUELS to the original games!
    How many other teams have made a sequel!
    Cyrus is sequel material and I hope he makes an appearance/return in future Pokemon games[ if they're made].

Team Rocket is Rockin'!

Its quite hard to imagine them making remakes of games as new as Diamond, Pearl and Platinum but i suppose it is possible and if they are made then they will almost certainly have Cyrus.

Back