• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think is above Elm's lab?

Years
  • Maybe Elm has a collection of Pokedolls hidden up there... and that's where your mom is going to get all the stuff she's been buying with your money. They don't sell the dolls in Goldenrod last time I checked.

Dolls were a Mom thing normally. Game Boy Color's InfraRed feature offered a "Mystery Gift" and "Card Pop" featture to Pokemon games. Two Game Boy Colors with similar games were needed.

Two GBC units and two Gold paks for example of "Mystery Gift".
    Two GBC units and two Pokemon: Trading Card Game paks for Card Pop

Or maybe that's where that other scientist sleeps. (The one who gives you the potion and Pokeballs.)

If the robbery still happens, perhaps the thief runs down the stairs this time?

Main Floor Assistant: "I'm sorry. Professor Elm is waiting for you upstairs."
    Upper Floor Assistant: "I'm sorry. The Professor just went downstairs."

Me: "Damn it to Hell! It's like Shadow Pokemon DS!"

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
  • MISSINGNO!!!!!

Ahem... *cough* .. My guess.. You go up there after Elm gives you the SS Ticket to Vermillion City via Olivine City. As you walk out of his lab, you hear a clutter and a falling of boxes and lab equipment. You look up and notice the upstairs door of Professor Elms lab to be hiding the noise so you investigate. As you reach the tip of the stairs, a 'Professor Elms Awareness' Bar appears as the game goes all Metal Gear Solid on our asses. Walk up slowly and quietly to prevent Elm hearing you and giving you a wallop for your actions. As you reach the door, it magically opens in front of you, you walk inside and see a moving box (like the ones in the moving truck in R/S/E) and you take a look behind it and... BOOOOOO!! It's a Duskull!! Elm races up and sees you pale-faced and staring at the Duskull. He throws a Pokeball and captures it. He brings you back down to his lab, sits you down beside his PokeFire and tells you of the prophecy of The Hoenn Plague and how all the Hoenn Pokemon flew north on a flock of Swellows, Flygons and Salamences and infiltrated Johto and Kanto. He gives you the Duskull (the obvious spy) and awards you the National Dex as well. He tells you that this event is in your hands and says that at the end when the dust csettles, one PokeContinent will be left standing, ruling the fallen one! You take the Duskull and your good 'ole Pokemon and travel to Kanto to warn Professor Oak in Pallet Town.......

I'm just sayin'...

Years
  • maybe its where you use the secret key
    maybe there are heaps of appliances that change rotoms form
    maybe elm had a rotom when he was a little kid
    maybe not

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    You know what?
    The appliances for Rotom being there doesn't sound like a bad idea at all...

But I still stick to it being his house, with his older house now being inhabited by the supporting character like Dawn/Lucas.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    That's interesting, I think maybe a room that you go to after you beat the Pokemon League.

Years
  • Maybe Elm has a secret Gambling addiction and that's where he goes to play Pokemon Poker. He can't travel all the way to Goldenrod to go to the game corner, so he goes upstairs in his lab to gamble. Maybe he gambles online or with that other scientist in his lab.... ;) Or, he gambles with Oak, Mr. Pokemon, and that scientist!

Or! He's working with Team Rocket and is keeping all the stolen Pokemon up there in cages... Muah haha!

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think it leads to a room with a bunch of cooties. 8D Just kidding. I have no idea. Maybe his super secret room that he hides all his starters in. >]

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • assumption 1: little room where he storages the Master Ball
    assumption 2: further room of his lab, nothing important for the player

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Maybe it's some type of special access area, or where you can pick your starter. Or maybe it's just... there.

Years
  • I have a feeling it might actually be a kitchen. (The reason why is because in DPPt, Rowan had one.) Maybe Elm has one, too, but it's upstairs. I'm probably wrong, though.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'm serious about it being his house too, with his older house now being the house of the supporting character.

But the second floor being used as a plot device to promote Silver's theft is my second best bet.

If it isn't one of these two, I will be really surprised, and maybe a little disappointed...

exteradude

Maybe it's not elms lab? Maybe that's someone else's house (gold or crystal maybe depending on if you are a boy or girl) and they moved his lab to another part of town we can't see in the screenshot?

Here is my version:

Maybe this isn't Elm's Lab? Maybe Elm wanders around as a hobo and comes there sometimes when the owner isn't there and raid's their fridge?

ELM: *Mumble* Gotts get me summa dem Bananners... Mmm... *Crunch* *Crunch* I loves me dem tuna sammiches!

-Player Walks In-

Player: O_O Why do you have tuna and bread all over your mouth?

ELM: Ah, I've been waiting for you! Please, do this and that and get your Pokemon! Kthnxbye!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    elms lab missed the first pages

I got a theory that mabey possible in towns with no pokecenter mabey its a pc room like prefessor Oak's lab with bunches of pokeball like a storage they showed in the orignal show also it would give the rival a reason to go up there since stealing is his nature.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    I think it's little more than an aesthetic change. We don't even know if it leads to a room or not. I think you guys are over-analyzing this a bit.

Back