• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Gender Is Your Character?

What gender is your character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I understand that people play both in different games, but I didn't mae it multiple choice because it wouldn't seem...right.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I'm a guy, but I play as Dawn. The main reason why I restarted my Platinum was because I got sick of seeing Lucas' ugly sprites everywhere. :S

Lucas looks like a.. umm.. how should I describe him?

oh, i'll just say "He looks dumb in my opinion." yeah, that's it.

btw:
    DarkAbsolX said:
    Boy xD, i think no boy play as a girl...it will be..don't know just wrong xD

Why so? If a male thinks the male character in a game looks like crap (like I think with Lucas, seriously, what were they thinking?) he'll obviously choose the female counterpart. I chose Lucas in my Diamond ROM, then I used him in my Platinum, got sick of how extremely stupid he looked, and restarted just to use Dawn instead. I'll choose Lyra in SS too because.. well, Ethan/Jimmy/Gold/WHATEVER doesen't look as bad as Lucas, but I prefer Lyra's look.

Last edited:

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    Depends. I normal pick who looks more decent. But at the moment, Soul Silver I'm playing as a Girl and Heart Gold a Boy.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    Ha im probably one of the few people who would come out and say i mostly play as the girls, MOSTLY for the fact that i dislike how some of the male trainers look (ESPECIALLY lucas in D/P/PT my opinion...) though in HGSS im the male cause i got memories with that character =)

I used to use the girls because i used boys from the R/B/Y days, and something different is nice. I will probably use a girl if i get platinum

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Usually I would pick the guy because they have a better wardrobe than the girls, but I picked the female character. I actually like her design.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I play as a girl. =D
    I remember I used to be annoyed back in the days of R/B/Y/G/S
    >o<

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    in diamond and platinum i use the girl character. and in pearl i decided to use the guy character to be different.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't remember which one I picked for Pearl, because I haven't played it since it first released.

Although, in Platinum I went with Dawn in the first play through because her outfit was cute. xD

& Right now I'm in the second play through, and I'm using Lucas.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I'm a girl, but I played as a boy all the time until Platinum, because I never liked the girl sprite until Dawn. :P

Plus, I never liked May in the anime, so I definitely didn't want to be her on the game. >_> Dawn, ftw.

Years
    well im a boy and i picked girl for platinum only cuz I restarted from picking Lucas last time but Im gonna restart again and call the boy Luxeus.
    For HG Im picking a girl and SS Im picking a boy when i get the games.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i used to restart pokemon alot and i switched each time, but this time in both platinum and soul silver i chose guy coz i want to be myself. :)

Back