• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What happened?

Wingnut

Moon: 12 years and counting...
    Years
    Yeah. It's weird. I now have an avatar that I had, like, a month and a half ago. This happened at another forum I go to. They had to restart the forums with data from five months beforehand... Also, is it just me or are pics no longer showing up in signatures?

Last edited:

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    I'm noticing some things too.

-Some of the avatars are scrambled up
    -There's a 10000 word limit
    -Images are not showing up in signatures
    -I sometimes get timeout errors
    -The skin switches to default when I click on a the forum/topic
    -I get logged out for some reason

Mind telling me what's going on?

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Okay, amongst all these other difficulties, quick reply's disabled as well.

Years
    Yeah, I've noticed all those things as well.
    But perhaps this is only happening to me, but every time I post something it goes to a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" and that happens when I click on certain topics at times too... it still posts the message, but it gets annoying after a while.

Hopefully PC will be fully fixed up soon.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    ...we're not entirely sure... I was away when PC got... er... reenabled; fixed would be a bit too complimentary XP I daresay this is the backup of PC.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Upon checking, it is possible to use Quick Reply. On the bottom right corner of the post - or wherever it is for you -, located with the edit and quote buttons, there's the Quick Reply button. Click on it, and you can activate Quick Reply.

I'm using Satoshi's Bigger Test... this is what it looks like for me:
    What happened?

I don't think it's a good idea to click on the banner on the top, by the way; not sure if it's still happening, but it logged people out previously. Use the text links. You also won't be able to access threads from the front page, or subforums; you'll have to go the long way through their parent forums [e.g. to get to Member Fan Clubs, click on Mixed Community Groups and then it'll be there as usual].

Last edited:

Elite Charizard

o_o o_o o_o o_o o_o o_o
    Years
    I got a suggestion!
    use default. Avatars display.
    and a Problem:
    Whenever I try to edit my options, it reverts to the original (sp?)

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    >_< Routine Maintenance Checkup.. and this is what came out of it. If this is the backup, does it mean something really weird happened to the servers?

Years
    • Seen today
    Actually, nothing about this was routine. We weren't expecting this to happen and we're still trying to fix the problem.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    On the subject of weird things happening...

1. Whenever I try to edit anything from the user CP and click 'Save changes' it informs me that the connection was terminated unexpectedly. The same tends to happen when I'm editing posts. The changes still get through though, but it's annoying all the same...

2. I can't see the people browsing the forums. It shows up just fine on the index page, but once you enter any of the sub-forums the names don't show.

3. My browser seems jammed on the god-ugly and utterly annoying lay-out that is called 'Default Style' and any change I try to make to that is nullified as soon as I try to move from one page to another.

Yeah, these are more or less trivial issues really, but they're weird all the same. *Sigh* Wish I knew what's causing this...-_-

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    I just thing that its a script problem... something went horribly wrong, and the machine went haywire and the backup turned itself on. And what we're surfing on right now is a very crude version backup. =P

I'm guessing something pretty weird will happen soon when the admins come online and fix this.

Back