• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What happened?

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Another thing that I found is that we can't see the currently active users. And is it just me or everything turning into Serebii forums? Well I have patience so I hope Pc gets back to the way it used to be^^

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    MysticTrunks said:
    Another thing that I found is that we can't see the currently active users. And is it just me or everything turning into Serebii forums? Well I have patience so I hope Pc gets back to the way it used to be^^

I can see them.. but I can't see who's browsing what thread .__.
    I'm not sure about the "Who's Online" list, though~

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    MysticTrunks said:

I can see them.. but I can't see who's browsing what thread .__.
    I'm not sure about the "Who's Online" list, though~

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Yes, thats what I meant, I can't see who's browsing a thread. Well time heals all wounds, an old saying.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    everyone.. it's still broke.. all we can do is see what vB says or use the backup database and hope it fixes it.

if we use the backup, all the posts, new members, etc. from about 11/22 on will be lost thats why we're trying to wait on vB to see if they come up with some solutions.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Well, I don't know how well this coincides with the opinions of the rest of you, but I for one fully support waiting for vB's verdict, because every single piece of information from 11/22 onwards is one heckuva lot off stuff. But meh, do what you deem best. Well, that's probably what you'll do anyway, though. *Crosses fingers and hopes that vB has some solution*

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    For some reason, I can't click any "view latest post" links (such as a link to the most recent post in a forum). It always comes up as a "Page cannot Be Displayed" message.

I too am having problems with my avatar. It's the avatar I had last month, but with the height and width of my current one.

I keep getting 'page cannot be displayed' messages when I submit posts too, but the post is still submitted.

Yeah, this is annoying, but I suppose I can live with it until you get it fixed. IMO, the stage we went through wit hall the broken images and server downtime was a lot worse. -_-

Last edited:
    Years
    Somebody set up PC the bomb!

Here's what I've noticed: Pictures in sigs are currently forbidden, not broken. Also, a lot of the time, the connection will be dropped right as a post is made, causing the browser to report a drop but the post to be accepted. You also don't receive a cookie counting a new post by you as "read".

Edit:
    Mozilla Firefox as I posted this said:
    The connection to www.pokecommunity.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred.
    I certainly hope this can be resolved soon; you guys are great!

Edit2: People who are experiencing skin changes/logouts, I suspect it's because you're using https://www.pokecommunity.com/ as your address instead of https://www.pokecommunity.com/. Each has a distinct set of cookies associated with it, but absolute links (like the title) are generally set up to take you to the www variant, which would be treated by your browser as a different site.

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    MetalMario said:
    Somebody set up PC the bomb!

Here's what I've noticed: Pictures in sigs are currently forbidden, not broken. Also, a lot of the time, the connection will be dropped right as a post is made, causing the browser to report a drop but the post to be accepted. You also don't receive a cookie counting a new post by you as "read".

Edit:

I certainly hope this can be resolved soon; you guys are great!

Edit2: People who are experiencing skin changes/logouts, I suspect it's because you're using https://www.pokecommunity.com/ as your address instead of https://www.pokecommunity.com/. Each has a distinct set of cookies associated with it, but absolute links (like the title) are generally set up to take you to the www variant, which would be treated by your browser as a different site.

...so...type in www.pokecommunity.com will fix some of it?

Years
    It should fix the "clicking the header logs you out" issue, but that should've happened even before the server problems started. (also, you'll have to re-log-in (if you weren't using www.pokecommunity.com to start with), so be sure you actually know your password!)

Edit: I just noticed that the site doesn't seem to be setting any cookies right now, which would explain failed logins, and un-cooperative themes. (Eep! I tried to change my theme, and now it's stuck on Green's Ivy! o_0)

Last edited:

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    I've noticed it too. When I click on certain links, the Page Can Not Be Displayed thing pops up, you can't put in any images, and images aren't showing up in the sig.

I guess this is happening because of the "new things that PC was down for." =/

EDIT:

0_0 Okaaay. Now my avatar is a Sasuke pic that I've never seen before.

Last edited:
    Years
    Nope. (Well, if the server has a Code Red-style something, and you're using IE than there's a chance..but I don't think that's the problem.)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Got sigs working again, I'll see what else I can fix.

'Viewing thread' works again and the subforums appear on the mainpage again.

Last edited:

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    I can see and do everything I normaly would but about the only problem I have is when you are on the main page and the area that has the last post in that area is always a link, I clicked it and it said the area is a sacured connection but I was not alowed threw due to other problems o_o; Then I had to manualy go threw from where the topic came from and click it normaly. =D It's nothing super big, at least I dont think, but I thought the idea of everything working on my end would see if it comes as help. I'm useint internet explorer on a 32+GB hard drive with intel prosseser and a netzero dialup connection, maybe it's the kind of computer in some cases? Or the program, I was on Mozilla for awhile =/

Back