• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What have you named yourself?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
  • First of all, I chose the female character.
    I named her Hilda because it's the official name that Game Freak gave her.
    I only use official names for my PKMN characters.

So, in HG/SS, I named my character Lyra;
    in FR, I named my character Blue (Manga name);
    in R/S/E, I named my character May, and in D/P/P, I named
    my character Dawn.

All of them are official names. I think that it's not right if I named other names.
    It just doesn't 'fit'.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • in my white version i named myself Eury because Eurydice didnt fit and thats what everyone calls me anyway in my black version i will either go with Eury or kahlan or something else i havent decided yet

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Just Kay... like I do with every game. Because my full name doesn't fit in the entry box...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Sho, because it's my nickname, and I lack creativity.

(..and then one of my friends decided to name his Tsutaja 'Sho' after me. It's weird when we battle. wth)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I should be naming myself my real name ;) And if I choose the girl in Black than I will make up a name like I did in Diamond, even though my name is unisex.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I named myself Aurora. I choose a different name each time so it's not confusing when I trade and look at the OT

WolfAlchemist

Royal Guard
    Years
  • Wolf in White. When I get Black, probably Raven. I usually use my real name or some random nickname of mine in previous games so I decided to use something different. Animal names, lol.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I first went with Asty on my first play through a Japanese game, since nothing else would fit and that's my name. Keeping with that, I chose the name Astinus through my two restarts of the game. Now, on my main game, my character's name is Keegan, after a character of mine for a fanfic based on B/W.

Dubberley

Wandering Psychic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i called myself dubbz because my names dubberley but they only let you use 8 letters so i have to settle with dubbz

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • I always try to make a funny name with myself and my rival.

Past ones have been "Fitness defeated Obesity" and "Drugs defeated Life".

However, with the lack of a rival I failed. My plan was to be called "Games" and my rival to be "Social Life" (or SocialLife if the characters were too long). So this would then say "Games defeated Social Life", I was saddened when I wasn't able to nickname a rival however. Now I just have a stupid name...

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I just named myself on Pokemon White with my real name (Shaih) as I always do.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • Ecctric, cause my Yugitube alias is Eccentric Boy. On the Japanese Black I'm named ECBOY.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • I named myself "Sabin" and I'm playing as the girl, because for oonce, the female lead is actually really, really, really, really pretty. :D

I wanted to name myself Ashe, because it's what I always name myself in video games, but I felt like being different for some reason, haha.

Back