• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What if the Game is Completely 3D!?

Do you want Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Pokémon Omega Ruby to be 3D?

• Yes

Votes: 55 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Which, to be honest, if they expand Rustboro or Slateport, that could easily explained if the games are actually sequels. If the games take place later, well, the cities expanded as time went on.

Which, in turn, won't make sense at all if the games are supposed to be a faithful remake and adaptation of the original. :p I guess in a way they'd have to expand some of the cities regardless in order to accommodate some of the new features we've seen pop up in later generations, unless they decide to just shove it all into the top floor of the PokéCenter.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Which, in turn, won't make sense at all if the games are supposed to be a faithful remake and adaptation of the original. :p I guess in a way they'd have to expand some of the cities regardless in order to accommodate some of the new features we've seen pop up in later generations, unless they decide to just shove it all into the top floor of the PokéCenter.

It all depends then on which direction they take; sequel or remake? I don't particularly know if I prefer one or the other. I think I'll be excited either way haha!

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Well, I personally feel like the 3D in X/Y was a bit underwhelming, I expected full 3D environments, a cool "buildings-stick-out" thing, but only the battles were made 3D. If Hoenn became 3D, I'd like to see its overworld go with it, not just the battles. So, in short, yes, give it some 3D love.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd like for the remakes to have the same graphics as X and Y, yeah.

Or maybe even a little bit better.

I'd actually be disappointed if they went back to the typical overworld view for them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I'd like for the remakes to have the same graphics as X and Y, yeah.

Or maybe even a little bit better.

I'd actually be disappointed if they went back to the typical overworld view for them.

I'm feeling super conflicted about this right now. It's definitely not going to happen, but it's sad that we've moved away from the typical over world view. Especially seeing as it was so much easier to create the impression of a larger world with that kind of approach, rather than what we're seeing with X/Y. But oh well :(

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm feeling super conflicted about this right now. It's definitely not going to happen, but it's sad that we've moved away from the typical over world view. Especially seeing as it was so much easier to create the impression of a larger world with that kind of approach, rather than what we're seeing with X/Y. But oh well :(
    Yessss, I understand that, and part of what I loved about Ruby and Sapphire were the bright colors to those games, and their overall map when you saw everything from an overworld view. However, I really liked what they did with the camera angles for X and Y, makes the view a little more realistic, and I'd like to see Hoenn done the same way. v w v

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It would make 0 sense to wait all this time to release the RSE remakes only to have them in 2D, especially after XY has been released in mostly 3D. If they're not 3D then I'll be thoroughly unsatisfied.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I doubt that they won't have the same graphics as XY since it's the "new Pokemon look." But I am crossing my fingers that they go back to the old style - I really liked the DS's style with pixels a LOT more than XY's.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • I would want it to be in 3D, but I wouldn't want the lack of it to ruin the experience. I rarely turn on the 3d anyway, so it wouldn't bother me. They said that the game is mostly in 2D on the trailer. It was in the fine print at the end, and on the box art.

And it's definitely not going to be in pixels like the originals -- that would be stupid and wouldn't even make sense. Why have such limited graphics on hardware that can do so much more?

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • What if the Game is Completely 3D!?

What if the Game is Completely 3D!?

Seeing these two beauties in 3D will be perfect.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Isn't 3D disabled in the overworld because of lag issues or something?

Just look at a battle between two Pokemon. It's laggy then.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Isn't 3D disabled in the overworld because of lag issues or something?

According to the box art, that'll be the case for these games as well. Although I seriously hope they'll optimise the battle scene framerate in these ones. It was ridiculous in X/Y whenever you had the 3D turned on.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Isn't 3D disabled in the overworld because of lag issues or something?

That is most likely the issue, yeah. Showing the two headshots of the Pokemon in battle made the game lag ever so slightly, so in the overworld... it'd probably be hell. I think performance issues could be fixed in the new games if the "new Pokemon look" is the format it's been taken in.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I'd actually argue that battle scenes are more stressing on the system than the overworld due to the supposedly high-polycounts of the Pokémon themselves and all the fancy attack and background effects going on.

In other words I'm not quite sure why they disabled the 3D for (most of) the overworld in X/Y. :[

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Well, they are released in 3DS so it'll definitely be the same as X and Y.

It's like HGSS were almost identical to that of DPPt and FRLG akin to that of RSE.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I don't think it would make much of a difference if it is 3D, since we've all seen X&Y, but it would be a let down if they weren't 3D, because the remakes are deserving of the newest features. If they don't have them, then why call them a remake, after all?

Though I really want to see it in 2D so I can rip all the sprites and tiles but 3D looks way better.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • It would be awesome if we saw it in 3D but I kinda like XY's 3D tho since it was somewhat perfect to me atleast. Although, more camera angles would be nice :)

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • 3D of course!
    X&Y brought a new era to the world of pokemon, the 3D era. I would LOVE the games to be in 3D, like they probably are, because they are releasing to the 3DS.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I just hope there are more overworld areas with 3D, I suppose battles will stay as in X/Y.

Back