• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What inspired your username?

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    mostly becuz i love 2 sk8board. also becuz my friend had a user name like mine b4 and i really liked it so y not have it?

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    What inspired my previous sername was my imagination. There is no such thing as a Yutss.

My current name is inspired by the Pokemon I think is awesome.
    =P

Years
    When I was a kid, I had some sort of "big book of questions and answers" that was utterly filled with info on various things...and one question went along the lines of "what are cowrie shells?" At the time, all I caught from it was that they were used for bartering and such, but anyways, moving on.

Well, fast forward to 2001 - I had just joined someone's roleplaying group, and I needed a name for a furret character I'd made up. For some reason I remembered that question about the cowrie shells and thought that "Cowrie" sounded good for a name, so I used it.

Fast forward again to 2004, when I joined this forum. I wanted a name that wasn't the handle I usually used on the internet, since I was getting bored with it, and I'm bad with thinking up usernames on the fly. By that time I wasn't using the character mentioned above anymore, so in a fit of nostalgia or something I decided I'd take that name for myself since I didn't want to take a long time in thinking up another name.

So yeah.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been asked this so many times that I just copy the same answer from my LJ...

When I was beginning to write Digimon fanfiction, one of my favorite pieces to read for inspiration was the unpublished "DeviDestined". It's not found on any website. The fic was written by my brother. He never finished the darn thing.

One of the characters in the fic goes by the name "Michael Tabris". Well, Michael has a sister by the name of Hanako Tabris. When I wanted a good name to call myself on the Pokemon forums, and become known as, "Hanako Tabris" seemed to be a pretty good name. Unfortunately, I picked up the habit of calling myself by that name in the real world. (Heck, I would introduce myself as Hanako if I thought I could get away with it.)

"Hanako" means "child of the flower", and "Tabris" is the angel of free will from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

No, it has nothing to do with Ash's mother's Japanese name, despite the fact that I use this name on a Pokemon forum. xD I use this name everywhere that I go online, no matter what.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I needed a unique name that fit me. I stayed up nights trying to find a neat, simple yet crafty one that I thought was pretty cool. I decided on this one because the one before (which IMO i better) was a name for an accoutn I had on a game in which I no longer play.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I almost always use this username on a forum if it is available. Got the idea because I wanted something that sounded "the strong but silent type", Basically a stoic.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I chose this username because at first I wanted to trick people into thinking I'm someone else, and this seemed the most-far-off from me. XD So that's why it's Kawaii.

Years
    Before joining this forum, I was on holiday in Corfu, Greece. Not what I call a vacation of luxury, but it was decent somewhat. Except all the quarrels we had with the hotel staff. They were hilarious. XD Anyway when I got home on the last week of June '05, I just wanted a change.

I went through quite a lot in my history of internet. And I more or less wanted to start over anew. But I had trouble trying to think of an actual username. And everytime I did...I hear the grumblings of a few disgruntled Greeks I met rattling on in my head.

"Signomi Signomi Signomi!" For god sakes, shut the heck up mind. I'll use the damn word. x_X

Also coming to the fact that I'm also Greek, I figured the word could be of some use to me. Presently, this username feels more like my actual name rather than just a word in Greek vocabulary. XD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I have trouble having to change usernames 'cause my old username is awesome,
    ~ Anyways, Ryo 'cause of the Sinnoh Elite 4 Aaron's Japanese name that is...I have Secong thought that I was Thinking that Aaron sounds nice too...
    And I got Yuuki for an Anime Character...My names Supposed to be "Ryo Yuuki"
    but I thought it would be long so I combined it and Got Ryoki...and I added "U" for 'cause its dramatic...xD

umbreon67696

6gothique6princess6
    Years
    The love for Umbreon and my favorite numbers inspired my user name. I do say I could've thought up something better, though. Oh well. ^_^;

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I think I was obsessed over the game Okami when I thought of my username. I originally planned to change my username to Amaterasu, which is the name of the main character of the game. But I decided to change it to Shiranui, who is somewhat of a main character (not really), after playing though another hour or so through the game. And I think Shiranui sounds better than Amaterasu =D

Inugami

Years
    I got tired of my Old Username, and I came back to PC after a year so I needed a change.

So Wish came when I was thinking of a Plain Simple name. Not a Username with like 10 numbers following it.

Wish came when I thought of Jirachi. So I found out the name was available! I cheered and got my named changed.

Years
    Well, for Christmas a few years ago, I got a "How to Speak Japanese" cd kit. My favorite color used to be pink, but all of a sudden I started to like the color green, and found out that "midori" is green. So that's the first part.

And as for the "Chi," that was when one of my friends introduced me to the manga Chobits, which I grew to love, because Chi is sooo adorable. ^_^

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Torchic :3

I wanted a username that had something to do with torchic, but "Torchic" seemed to dull. So I looked up japanese names of Poke'mon, and obviously, "Achamo" is Torchic in japanese. Achamo sounds more better, dosen't it?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    My favorite manga series is Fruits Basket, and my favorite character is Kyoko Honda. So, I just used her name :3

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    My username comes from my anthropomorphic character named Yoshiaki Gunn. I know, "Gunn" is actually his surname and "Yoshiaki" his first. I dunno what I had them switched. Maybe I'll post a picture of him in the Art Gallery sometime.

Back