• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What inspired your username?

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    I mentioned this somewhere else in PC, but whaaaatever.

Yoshi- my favorite video game character and my childhood (ah, I miss those days) idol. Yup, me in the glory days... Yoshi forever! And to add to that, dinosaurs are my favorite creatures!

star- the star is my claimed symbol... I use it in most of my written work!

64- the Nintendo 64 made me the person who I am today... a nostalgic, euphoric, friend making Nintendo freak. I will never forget what it has done to me.

... throw the three together and you get a cool sounding name that you should never forget!

Viksu

Hmm..?
    Years
    Whee.
    My netname is Victorious (Yesyes, very.. Original? xD) and my friends call me Viksu or Viksuttaja, and of c I like Viksuutaja more, and it's one of my forum names~ x)

Sal Kar

B.F.S. [Big Friendly Slav]
    Years
    well lets seeee....... zasz is a zerg cerebrate in the fictional game starcraft he controls the Jorgumound brood of the zerg, he overlly hates Kerrigan for being favored by the overmind

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Well.. I was having an IM conversation with AngieKit, we were trying to think up a new username for me.
    And her display picture included "Memory" and I was like "omg that sounds purdy! :DDD"

Yeah. <3 Best username I've had yet. xD

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    A surviving part of my former username. Nothing much. Lily is nice and simple.

DR.MUNCHLAX

Just passing by.
    Years
    Since I am not very creative I just used the same screen name I have on Nsider.

And during the process of registration I had the Caps lock pressed it would seem.

Years
    Nayana is the name of one of my main characters in my writing. I admit, she's one of my favorites. It's also a pretty unique username; I haven't seen anyone on the forums I go around use it, unlike the name Sammi. *grumbles* I'm still a little bitter about that, Sammi used to be unique as well.

As for where I got the name Nayana, I don't know anymore. I used it when I was really little, maybe as young as 10 or 11. Perhaps I made it up by slamming letters together like I sometimes do, or maybe I heard it and used it because I thought it was pretty. Who knows anymore. ^_^;

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I guess nobody cares, but there are quite a few reasons for my username... Let's see...

1-It comes from Zelda, which I like (but since using Zelda could be weird, let's just make it shorter, like, "zel")
    2-It comes from the anime Slayers (from the character Zelgadis, Lina usually called him "zel")
    3-It comes from a character of my never finished RPG Maker game (called Zelard Strife, or for short "zel")

Yay for coincidences! XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Haven't told this story in a while...

In my earlier internet days, I quickly discovered Yahoo! Messenger and immersed myself in the chat room system. Anyone could make a room and there were a TON of Pokémon chat rooms. For the most part, people role played in them. There were trainers and Pokémon and different styles of RPing and...it was just a ton of fun.

At some point, I had an account called lightning_the_baby_pichu. Pichu was, and still is, my favourite Pokémon and that was my favourite RPing account. Eventually, when I found Pokémon forums, I didn't think to use the name again and registered as chibipichu. That proved to be a bad idea since the name was so generic and clichéd so...naturally, it was taken almost everywhere else I tried to join. XD

Eventually, my account at that first forum was corrupted or deleted or something. I think it was hacked because I had to rejoin. Regardless, I signed up again with the username "Lightning," thinking back to those days on Y!IM. Sadly, this is even more generic than my last one, but for the most part it serves me well, and at larger sites when "Lightning" is taken, I slip into a variant like lightningchan or lightysama. It works pretty well and I've managed to make a decent name for myself, since most people know me, I suppose. Or they did, anyway. XD

Years
    Hmm...

Rolling Pichu: Inspired by a gif I once saw on a google search. It was so near to be Spanked Pichu instead, though. Oh well.
    Careful With That Axe, Pichu: Heh, it's still a secret... And no, it's not a Pink Floyd song. Hehe.

Both reflect my affection for the pocket monster Pichu. Ah, Pichus are so underrated...

Years
    Careful With That Axe, Pichu, is probably the best username I've seen. XD It makes me laugh.

My old username was Blazed and so I decided to google my name and see if there were any avatars that suited my name. Yet I found out Blazed was slang for being "high". I instantly decided I needed a name change and didn't want to spend the next few days thinking of a good name. So I just looked around and thought what could be a good name... "Speakers" "Chair" "Fridge", then I looked in the fridge to discover my favourite drink "Lemonade" and that's the story of my username. :P

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    When I saw Abyssion from Tales of Symphonia, I was like, "Hey, that's a really cool name! I should use that instead of something stupid like Flygon250."

Well, not really, but it was kind of like that. XD I don't like Abyssion himself, BTW; just his name.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I started with Piplup and coudn't think of a good name so, ya. I wanted something with Huntail in it but I'm not really one of those creative name people. Unless you consider naming one of my friends puddin' from billy and mandy (cartoonnetwok)

Back