• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is God?

Taiji Dragon

Good time everyone! First of all I want to say that I can imagine threads like this have been created in the past judging from all of the hot topics in this discussion forum. So I apologize if this turns out to be a repetetive theme.

The center of this discussion shall be what is God? There are many ideas regarding what God is ranging from a man that created everthing in the universe and reigns supreme over it to multiple Gods that each have a domain over a specific element, theme or realm to all that is. The last being the total sum of all conciousness in the universe and the universe itself.

What are your views on God? What were you told that God is or what have you researched about it?

Do you think is important to consider that its out there?

How is that the idea of God has affected you in your own culture?

Please feel free to discuss.

AriaOfTheStar

Fuuka-type Trainer
    Years
  • God, to me, is fake. There are too many missing links, too many stories. I just believe that he is not real and that noone but me rules my life.

DarkSerenity

Kari-Chan
    Years
  • God, to me, is fake. There are too many missing links, too many stories. I just believe that he is not real and that noone but me rules my life.

Yep, that's exactly what I think, too. There is no evidence that God did exist, and the Bible isn't real evidence. God is not real, that's what it is. God is just a word. It is Dog spelt backwards. Christianity was probably made up by someone, and got people to follow. In fact, all religions are made up. That's what I think. When you find evidence of a 'God' please show me. That will probably happen the day when pigs fly.

Furthermore, God did not create humans, life, or the universe. Got any evidence of that too? Probably not. I mean, there is no evidence that Evolution was how Homo sapiens came to life, but it is much more possible than some imaginary bearded man in the sky creating whatever he wants.

I am sorry if this offended anyone, but this is my opinion. Welcome to the Discussions and Debates section.

srinator

I never believed god to be an actual entity in our life's, according to me God is a concept man created to go to in his time of helplessness. Because we understand we are weak creatures and there are things that are out of our reach and rather than crumbling in front of it we need to have faith that there exists someone powerful, not to help us by doing something but to help us by giving us confidence that there is, and we have a divine support behind us and we live our life's to the fullest.

not many will understand what i say most of the time due to sheer ignorance or maybe because my grammar is not that great but hopefully you get a gist of what i want to say. We are often scared of something we don't fully understand and most of the time we go for help towards another thing that we don't fully understand.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I consider myself to be Agnostic. My intuition, my feelings, science, and my personal beliefs tell me that there is no God, but I also don't have anything to really disprove the possibility that there might be something divine at work. If it wasn't for that, I would be an Atheist. I believe religion is man's invention as a way to cope with difficulties and try to understand what was once difficult to understand.

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
    Years
  • I've got very little to say on this topic, but I do love it so :D

I believe that God could be space. Not outer space, but the fabric that holds all "things" in place. What some scientists are now calling the higgs field. That being said, It is my personal belief that God died some time ago, and has yet to be reborn.

On an even crazier note:

Anyone ever seen the system of yuga explained in Hindu philosophy? I think its amazing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugas

God died during the night, silently.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I suppose I'm the first respondent without an outright dismissive view of religion. :/

I was raised Catholic, but nowadays I tend to label myself as a Pandeist. That is to say, I believe that God is one with the universe itself and is fully sentient, but only really interferes with our human affairs on very rare occasions. He does, after all, keep busy maintaining the delicate balance of the entire cosmos. XD

I came to this conclusion based on my own philosophical meditation. I am a man of science (graduating university with a masters in aeronautical engineering next year), but I realize that the universe and the laws of physics are just too perfect to be the result of billions of years of accidents. Some form of sentience must have guided it, even if He doesn't make Himself known in our day-to-day interactions. :D

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
    Years
  • Yeah. I've read this before. It is said that Vishnu is sleeping on top of a snake and when the time comes a lotus sprouts forth from Vishnu's navel. The lotus opens up and Brahma is revealed. Brahama then proceeds to create from his own body. He creates first like 12 beings or so from his being those being equivalent to regions of space, elements and sentience. And well everthing is created from his body. I don't get where Shiva comes from but he assist in creation by destroying. There comes a time where Braham has no space to create and he destroys for more creation to take place. This brings about change. Braham finishes it's life cycle at the end and shiva reduces everything into nothing. Vishnu is left asleep until he can generate another brahma.

Shaivism is my favorite sect of Hinduism. That sect would suggest that Shiva and Vishnu are both beyond existence and non-existence. That Lord Shiva meditates deeply in samadhi until his third eye is opened, at which point he leaves his trance and incinerates all existence. As such, I like to imagine that Shiva always exists between the dance of creation and preservation. He is the silence between the notes. The space necessary for music to exist. But, i'm not an expert, just a Shiva groupie :P

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
  • Huh, well...

I think God is whatever you want him to be, to either not existent or being everything in your life, its up to you to decide and nobody else, from this point whether you believe in him or not the interesting fact here is that its a common topic in debates but my question here is why? Sure if you want to make him fake go on, but what makes you take an opinion on something that apparently ¨does not exist¨? to my point of view to make something unreal you must have a figure to it don't you?

Now let me explain my point and opinion.

Taking as base the string theory what happens to you on this exact moment is a reflection of an alter based world, just like a mirror so to the matter there is obviously an anti-matter right? Now going even more deep in this theory us the human dominate base height and profundity but what about time and space? if we could dominate those two we could create a predestination paradox to utterly prove that God exists or not and beyond that giving us absolute control and power over life itself.

Now what do you consider that power? God-like power? Now is it possible? so how unreal is God now? Now imagine there is somebody somewhere in some time in some dimension that has access to this.. will he be considered a God?

Now considering that everything is possible in what we see, from evolution to a big bang theory. It means that somehow this could be possible right?

To finish up my rant, you could go on about how God exists or not, or what he is to you or not, but remember it you versus 7 Billion people, that if you only count humans and not other animals that have brain, such as you and not to mention that if you take out a counter balance world.

To my perspective there is just the same amount of information that proves that God exists and that God does not exist, the bare difference is on which side you prefer to be on. Therefore on this debate, i do believe in God. i did my research as a individual person to take my beliefs put them against science (which i absolutely love) and made my personal opinion on what i want to believe

PD what i wrote is based on what i have researched, on what i belive and upon basic knowledge of what i can generate as a individual, if you want links to antimatter, string theories, predestination paradox just let me know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    My opinion: God is an imaginary friend that some people turn to when they become afraid, insecure, or really, really, really want something good to happen. God is a concept, created by man, as a source of comfort, but also as a means to control. And while I can not say with absolute certainty there is no god, I have witnessed no evidence to date to contradict my honest opinion that there isn't one.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
  • What is God... well, the metaphysical God is dead, so why talk about him? Let's talk about God in a way that doesn't require assertions without evidence. Get ready for a BIG ONE! (Meaning a reeeeally long post - roughly five hours of writing, deleting, and rewriting.)

In your direct and immediate awareness, every occasion "possesses an inside and an outside, as well as an individual and a collective, dimension... These are often represented as I, you/we, it, and its (a variation on the 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-person pronouns; another variation is the Good, the True, and the Beautiful; or art, morals, and science, and so on - namely... objective truth... subjective truth... and the collective truth...)." [from Integral Spirituality by Ken Wilber]

To illustrate this, I'll use an example that Ken often uses when describing how to re-own your projected emotions. Let's imagine there's a big monster in your dream that wants to hurt you.

You can describe the monster in objective terms: what it looks or smells like, how it behaves. When so doing, you are relating to the monster from a 3rd-person perspective.

You can then mentally sit that monster down in a chair, ask it questions, and imagine what its responses would be. As you talk to it, and listen to it, you are creating a space of mutual understanding, a collective or 'we' space. You have moved from relating to the monster from a 3rd-person perspective to relating to it from a 2nd-person perspective.

Finally, you can take the position of the monster - sit in its chair, as it were - and instead of the monster being the one saying "I want to hurt you!", it is now you who is saying "I want to hurt you!" Psychological healing aside, you are now relating to the monster from a 1st-person perspective.

We can summarize these three perspectives as speaking about something, speaking with or to something, and speaking as something. Which is what we see Jesus doing in the Gospels: speaking as God, speaking to God, and speaking about God.

So far, this discussion has been centered on the 2nd-person God, which is completely unsurprising, since the traditional stage of Christianity often vehemently denies the existence of the other two perspectives, and this specific type of Christianity is the one that most people in the West are familiar (and often uncomfortable) with.

Actually, many people - Christian or otherwise - seem to think that religion can only exist at pre-rational stages, which is a point of view that is either uninformed or reductionist; whether it is the former or the latter depends on whether one is aware of the large number of religious people who do not hold pre-rational views. https://www.pewforum.org/2009/02/04/religious-groups-views-on-evolution/

Now that sounds harsh, but to show what I mean, let's see what the Christian God looks like through the lens of each of the major worldviews that currently exist. If you find that these short, caricaturized descriptions sound like you or someone you know, it's because these descriptions represent ontological realities.

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I'm going to be borrowing liberally from Rev. Paul Smith's book Integral Christianity. Note that, as Paul says himself in the book, these descriptions of worldviews are simplified and exaggerated to help them be more clearly understood... and to keep the book from being the length of a doctoral dissertation.

While Paul is using Integral Theory, he has been a member of many different churches and has visited many more. This is not mere speculation, but first-hand experience combined with an integrally-informed framework. Remember: we are leaving metaphysics behind us.

The bold titles are in the format "Worldview: Strength / Limitation". Every worldview has unique strengths and weaknesses, including the integral worldview and beyond. Integral's limitation is a '?' because its emergence is so recent, and so few people stably inhabit that level, that its limitations are not fully clear - yet. I would venture to guess 'Hubris', but truly integral individuals cherish every worldview, so perhaps that is simply my own personal limitation...

The Tribal Lens: Wonder / Fear

"God is seen as an awe-inspiring, often capricious, superhero who lives up there in the sky. God is responsible for everything and is to be feared and appeased at all costs."

Bargaining is a fundamental way of relating to others at this stage, which is why we see animal and human sacrifices to God from those at the tribal level.

"...We are saved by believing that Jesus died in our place for our sins, taking the punishment from God that we deserve on himself instead and therefore satisfying God's wrath."

The Warrior Lens: Strength / Aggression

"God lives up in heaven but comes down to earth as an avenging warrior mixed with elements of justice and compassion... Like the previous level, the spiritual life is fear-based and this is considered a good thing, as in, 'The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.'"

The Traditional Lens: Stability / Stagnance

"At this altitude, God is the righteous judge. 'He' is thought of as a divine being who is separate from creation and is spoken about only in masculine terms when gender-specific words are used... God is thought of in 2nd-person terms only...

...God the Father has the role of the vengeful God whose 'justice' requires a penalty for sin and God the Son, Jesus, has the role of the compassionate aspect of God who takes the penalty upon himself."

The Modern Lens: Autonomy / Materialism

"Jesus said that if we saw him, we saw God. However, Jesus also said that God was greater than he was... If we continue to think of this transpersonal God as a big supernatural being out there, we haven't yet come to the God that is greater than Jesus.

The supernatural theistic God is the God that is rejected at the modern rational level... The God of the modern mind, in integral terms, is viewed primarily from a 3rd-person perspective. The idea of God can be studied and reflected upon, but a distinct supernatural God which one can personally relate to is not needed in the laws of the universe... Relating to God in 2nd-person practice often appears to resemble the traditional level too much to be taken seriously by the modern viewpoint. A 1st-person perspective of seeing human beings as divine may also be seen as unreasonable because even Jesus is usually not seen as divine."

Yes: there are Christians, quite a few in fact, who go to church yet still recognize that a Creator God is not necessary to explain the laws of physics, and who also think that Jesus was just a very good person. This may be news to some!

The Pluralistic Lens: Relativity / Aperspectival Confusion

"Concerning God, [Marcus] Borg says 'God is not a supernatural being separate from the universe, rather God (the sacred Spirit) is a nonmaterial layer or level or dimension of reality all around us. God is more than the universe, yet the universe is in God. Thus, in a spatial sense, God is not 'somewhere else' but right here.'

... Panentheism reigns in the postmodern church as a way of understanding God. It is succinctly described in Acts 17:28 where Paul in Athens quotes from a local poet who says, 'In him we live and move and have our being.'

...The postmodern church has moved away from the idea that only they have the truth. While God may be defined by Jesus, God is not confined to Jesus. At the modern level, other religions are tolerated. At the postmodern level, they are warmly embraced. Not only are they welcomed, but all spiritual paths lead equally to God, however that spiritual goal or God is defined."

The Integral Lens: Embrace and Clarity / ?

"Every event, moment, person, and object in our lives can be seen [as the expression of Divine Mystery] from the standpoints of 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-person. Looking at God in this way gives us what I call the Infinite Face of God... The Intimate Face of God... and the Inner Face of God..."

(Infinite Face of Christ)

"Christians often do not know, as scholars do, that 'Christ' is not Jesus' last name. 'Christ' is a title, a description of Jesus...

In the Gospel of John, Jesus proclaims, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to God but through me.' This statement has traditionally been understood as limiting the path to God to the human person Jesus... But Jesus taught a theology of oneness, not a theology of separation. So how are we to understand these words of Jesus?

At the integral level we see that Jesus was speaking as the Cosmic Christ, the Universal Mind of God. This passage is not about the human Jesus but about Jesus' vast God consciousness... the Universal Presence of God. Christ is the pattern that connects all things for 'in Christ all things hold together.'"

(Intimate Face of Christ)

"The Cosmic Christ was realized and manifested in Jesus... If we have only the Cosmic Christ without the human Jesus, we have left the intimate connection to humankind found in the historical Jesus... We are without a concrete model, a prototype of the new humanity."

For me personally, the Buddha is an emotionally powerful Intimate Face of Christ. He realized his true nature and expressed that understanding via compassionate action in much the same way as Jesus. Thinking about it sometimes chokes me up in a way that thinking about Jesus doesn't, probably because of all the time I've spent rejecting Jesus' story as pointless babble.

(Inner Face of Christ)

"In Paul's wondrous words, 'Christ in you, the hope of glory,' ...

This echoes the single sentence of Paul that defines the gospel in the clearest and most concise way, 'I live, yet not I, but Christ lives within me.'

Jesus leads us within to our own Christ consciousness when he says that the Kingdom of God is within... We become conscious of the Universal Cosmic Christ as our True Self in 1st-person perspective through the awakening of our minds and hearts in Christ. The goal is not to be a Christian but to be a Christ!"

So with the integral level of Christianity, we have come full circle with the three basic 'zones' of awareness (I, you/we, it/its). And now I will venture an answer to the question "What is God?", an answer grounded in experiential data.

God is the Ground of existence, from which manifestation springs moment-to-moment. God is the Process of evolution, through which existence becomes more and more self-aware. God is the Goal of existence, the radical self-recognition of timeless and ever present Mystery.

Something that has been said here, and has been said many times elsewhere, is that there is no evidence of God's existence, and therefore God does not exist. This is a false statement for two reasons. First of all, lack of proof is not proof of nonexistence - lack of proof is not proof of anything! To declare otherwise is simply bad science. The second reason that the statement is false is that there is, in fact, proof of God's existence.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104310443

The essence of this article is really very simple. One must first take an injunction, then see what phenomena appear, and finally verify your experience with others who have taken the same injunction. If you want to know whether there is a such thing as a cell wall, you must look through a microscope and compare what you see with others who have also looked. Fundamentally, there is nothing different about verifying God's existence except that God's existence is disclosed primarily through subjective means rather than objective means.

However, with advances in technologies such as brain scans and EEG machines, we are now able to verify objectively that a specific interior state is being achieved when someone prays or meditates. I am actually very surprised that EEGs were not used in the study described in the NPR article.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • God is an imaginary friend that people call on to help them move, but he never calls them back no matter how much pizza you offer to buy.

Honestly, god does not exist.

God is nothing but a thing ignorant people bark at/about when faced with things they can't explain.

Tek

Years
  • God is an imaginary friend that people call on to help them move, but he never calls them back no matter how much pizza you offer to buy.

Honestly, god does not exist.

God is nothing but a thing ignorant people bark at/about when faced with things they can't explain.

So much for moving beyond assertions without evidence. Maybe metaphysics isn't dead after all...

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • So much for moving beyond assertions without evidence. Maybe metaphysics isn't dead after all...

Neither is sarcasm, which is what my post was, sarcasm. Was it not bleeding sarcasm? I thought it was bleeding sarcasm.

It is hard to bring up evidence to support something when there isn't any. Isn't that the point of faith?

Aside from the obvious, perhaps I do not need to state. I do not believe in god. I did once. In fact, I was a devout Catholic. I was, and still am, very interested in learning about different religions, funny enough, that's how I ended up questioning god's existence and, eventually, becoming an atheist. I can stand here and list all day the reasons why I do not believe. But I can put it simply:

There is no evidence to support that any or all 'gods' exist, or ever did exist.

I had a large post and just lost it... dammit. Oh well.

Tek

Years
  • It is hard to bring up evidence to support something when there isn't any.
    Circular reasoning. Poor form, and also false, since evidence does exist.

Isn't that the point of faith?
    Faith plays an important role in many religions. Faith does not play a central role in all religions. Which should be pretty clear from my outline of how God looks at each successive worldview; few rational people are going to say that faith trumps critical thinking, even if those rational people are Christians.

There is no evidence to support that any or all 'gods' exist, or ever did exist.
    Not only does the evidence exist, I provided a link to the evidence in my other post, which you apparently couldn't be bothered to read.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The first part about the Gospels, I'm going to ignore it because the Bible is little more than a fiction book like Don Quixote or Harry Potter, so I couldn't care less about how they describe their fictional characters (and I too believe J. K. Rowling is better at that than the several old ages people/translators who are responsible for the mishmash of texts that is the modern-day Bible but w/e). Also philosophy =! evidence.

Something that has been said here, and has been said many times elsewhere, is that there is no evidence of God's existence, and therefore God does not exist. This is a false statement for two reasons. First of all, lack of proof is not proof of nonexistence - lack of proof is not proof of anything! To declare otherwise is simply bad science.

Have you heard about Russell's teapot?

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.[1]

Some people speak as if we were not justified in rejecting a theological doctrine unless we can prove it false. But the burden of proof does not lie upon the rejecter. ... If you were told that in a certain planet revolving around Sirius there is a race of donkeys who speak the English language and spend their time in discussing eugenics, you could not disprove the statement, but would it, on that account, have any claim to be believed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

Essentially, anybody can claim anything: there is a God, unicorns exist, anything. Of course, you have to consider two things:

- If you can't give any POSITIVE proof of your being, you can't expect anybody else to refute your non-existing evidence.

- If your evidence is merely philosophical, or just faith-based (I believe there must be something like this), then it makes no difference to reality whether your statement is true or false. I can believe unicorns exist but they are just invisible or something. That doesn't add to our knowledge. That doesn't affect anybody's life. Whether the unicorns you believe in exist or not is, simply, irrelevant.

The second reason that the statement is false is that there is, in fact, proof of God's existence.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104310443

The essence of this article is really very simple. One must first take an injunction, then see what phenomena appear, and finally verify your experience with others who have taken the same injunction. If you want to know whether there is a such thing as a cell wall, you must look through a microscope and compare what you see with others who have also looked. Fundamentally, there is nothing different about verifying God's existence except that God's existence is disclosed primarily through subjective means rather than objective means.

However, with advances in technologies such as brain scans and EEG machines, we are now able to verify objectively that a specific interior state is being achieved when someone prays or meditates. I am actually very surprised that EEGs were not used in the study described in the NPR article.

IIIIIIIII think you have misunderstood the result of the experiment. It does not prove God exists. It proves humans- well, you said it.

we are now able to verify objectively that a specific interior state is being achieved when someone prays or meditates.

Pretty much! We can prove humans can go on a special state of concentration, maybe what can be considered "a trance" when they focus internally. It's not like it's something new, since there are many other religions (including several spiritual-based godless ones) that use the same ability, and even a relaxation course my mom attends every Thursday in which they are played relaxing, chant-like monotonous sounds and are taught to concentrate to "turn off" the brain from regular stress.

Of course, that tells us about the ability of the human mind to go on a special state of concentration... but using that to say "therefore God" is cheating, since that state can be attained without invoking any god whatsoever. Tsk tsk.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, I find it interesting that "God(s)" appear(s) in every single human culture to have ever existed. Humans have always believed for whatever reason (irrelevant) that there is a greater being or beings than us that manipulate our universe at least unintentionally, but only recently with our technological and intellectual success do we start to question why.
    I believe that any exterior deity from our perceived universe in for all intents and purposes fiction, dreamt up by our subconscious as an answer to all the tough questions we simply didn't have the means to discover physical truths for ourselves. Questions like "what is fire?" would be answered with "a gift from Prometheus" would turn into "why are we here?" "Because our God willed it so". Some might consider lazy in this context but actually it's fairly logical, it is fundamentally our best guess as naturally curious creatures who can't physically dig any deeper.
    That is to say, the idea of a god is simply our rationalising the unknown making it less scary. For all we know we are alone in this big dark universe which is pretty scary; just pretending we're not is comforting. Now I'll move on to that. God is comfort. He dispels our fear of the unknown brings us together as a community. He is familiar and we don't fear him, we trust in his comfort that he will protect us from his own creations.
    Because we don't know what created us (or anything undiscovered) so we pin it on something comfortable so it isn't so horrifyingly obvious that there is a possibility we could be wiped out tomorrow or the next day.

Through all that if you strip back the warm, cuddly exterior of God you are left with a big blank nothingness. We project all our fears into this being because he inspires fuzzy feelings in us and they become not so bad.

Even if in a 4th dimension a being exists who we assumed correctly created everything from nothing, I still maintain that in our 3 dimensions he is essentially fiction of our mind.

Years
  • This is coming from a completely biased Atheist ( I hate that word though, sounds too strong):

God is just a false hope to give people so they can move on in difficult times.

And I hate false hope

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I think it is about time I join this discussion.

God is a real, divine being. He is not dead, but surely alive! God is a Trinity consisting of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. They are three persons, but one being. Sorry if I explained it in a confusing way. My God is loving, caring, kind, just, fair, and many other things. He loves everyone and wants to have a relationship with you and be with you in Heaven.

Every other "God" is fake. I believe the Greeks had gods, but not Gods. They were fake. See what I mean? Idols can also be gods. Your car can being your idol, religion, god if you put it above the one true God.

There is only ONE God, and He created everyone and sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross to save us all from our sins and ultimately Hell. The Bible is also divinely inspired by the Holy Spirit, but through humans. The Bible IS 100% accurate.

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
  • I don't really believe in god so much, mostly because I used to be friends with a family that was very deeply christian.
    I didn't feel like I could discuss anything with them without them getting offended, so I tend to keep the mentality "no religion is the healthiest religion."

I think it is about time I join this discussion.

God is a real, divine being. He is not dead, but surely alive! God is a Trinity consisting of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. They are three persons, but one being. Sorry if I explained it in a confusing way. My God is loving, caring, kind, just, fair, and many other things. He loves everyone and wants to have a relationship with you and be with you in Heaven.

Every other "God" is fake. I believe the Greeks had gods, but not Gods. They were fake. See what I mean? Idols can also be gods. Your car can being your idol, religion, god if you put it above the one true God.

There is only ONE God, and He created everyone and sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross to save us all from our sins and ultimately Hell. The Bible is also divinely inspired by the Holy Spirit, but through humans. The Bible IS 100% accurate.

I don't want to fight, because you seem like a wonderful person, but what makes your god any more valid then the 'fake' greek gods? I didn't say that your god wasn't, I'm just wondering.
    Also, why does hell even have anyone in it? You would think that if god was truly forgiving, he would never let anyone, no matter how cruel, live in a fiery deathplace for the rest of their life, would he? That would give him the "so now you see? You should've believed in me, now burn forevormore!" mentality, and that is what the greeks believed, that gods were to be feared, so why should it be the same in this case? Why should god turn his back on anyone?
    One more thing, which you didn't mention, and I know not all christians think this way, but what is the deal with God, Satan, and being homosexual? I'd like that to be explained.

Back