• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is outside the universe?

Kindo

What!!
Years
  • What is outside the universe?
    I believe that we are a universe surrounded by another universe surrounded by another universe...

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Technically there's nothing "outside" the universe in a spatial sense. If you were to get to the edge of the universe you would become the edge, since the boundary is defined by how far light has traveled since the universe came to be.

If you mean outside the dimensions we perceive, though, that's all up for debate. There isn't really a way to know yet, scientifically speaking.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Good question...Although it can't really be explained very well with our grasp of physics. As for theories? Ugh, my mind can't grasp what it could be. I would say it's probably absolutely nothing. Then again, there are theories that the universe is endless :O

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Outside the Universe? Impossible to say really, but if I had to say, I would guess nothing. An absolute nothing.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Technically, we cannot see the "outside" of the universe because the universe is currently expanding at the rate of the speed of light. And we can't reach the edge of it. Besides, scientist cannot define yet the boundaries of this universe.

If you ask me, there are probably more other universes like us.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I think it's like the world map on an FF game, when you hit the north edge, you appear at the bottom. Which means it doesn't have a top or bottom, it's not a sphere though, hard to explain XD

It's sad when you don't even know what your talking about lol

I like your theory Alinthea! Sounds completely plausible! =P

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • A giant, orbiting Chuck Norris head.

But in seriousness, I would imagine it's either another universe or a lot of black matter (If there even is such a thing? o_O) that is never-expanding and never-ending. I'd like to thing it's another universe and that there are several more universes (univi?) outside of that.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Let's see...If the universe consists of matter and matter creates and reflects waves and energy and supposedly after the edge of the universe there is no matter or vacuum, which is the last that can be traveled by matter. So in conclusion...

The universe is either surround by literally absolute nothingness in the form of pure blackness which would be so black, its white...or it is the Christmas tree sphere I lost two years ago...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The Universe is technically everything in existance so you wouldnt be able to say what is outside of it.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Our universe is the surface of an expanding hypersphere (4-dimensionsal sphere). Outside of that is 4-dimensional space.

Imagine a 2-dimensional universe (Mr. Game & Watch!) that exists on the surface of a ball. The space that the ball exists in is 3-dimensional space. Step everything up one dimension and you've got our universe. Also, the concept of going through the ball instead of around its surface is the theory of wormholes (a chord is shorter than its corresponding arc).

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • outside our universe in merely just a paralel universe, just like in futurama.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A couple of stars, which totally defies how a universe works. :D

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I can't imagine the universe having a solid barrier boundary....

If the universe is expanding at the speed of light, will it keep expanding forever and the universe will become infinitely large? I don't like that idea @_@

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I can't imagine the universe having a solid barrier boundary....

If the universe is expanding at the speed of light, will it keep expanding forever and the universe will become infinitely large? I don't like that idea @_@

Not really. If the density of the universe is greater than the hypothetical crit. density per square meter, then the universe will collapse and form the "Big Crunch". If otherwise, then the universe will expand forever and ever...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Outside the universe is another universe. Or our universe could be only a particle in someone's cellular structure. Like our universe is a tiny dot like all the millions or billions of other universes. Is that impossible?

Back