• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite Spin Off ?

NatureKeeper

I love both PMD: Explorers of Sky and Ranger: Shadows of Almia. Cannot differ.

Years
  • I just absoloutely LOVE pokemon mystery dungeon, and I like Pokemon pearl diamond and platinum too! but you can't forget HGSS either, can't you?

:D well, those are mine

LoneStarAkira

This place is cooler already!
    Years
  • As much as I'm enjoying PMD3 right now, the original Mystery Dungeon games for GBA/DS were my favourite spin-offs. The music was cute, the graphics were cute, and the first games was when the storyline was original. PMD2/3 sorta repeated a few things.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • XD, then Colosseum. The others never appealed to me. I never liked the concept of PMD (Pokemon without trainers? That's like having a car without a transmission!), I never got into Ranger for whatever reason, and the others were mostly meh. Oh, and Hey You Pikachu utterly freaked me out.

But XD and Colosseum had the training aspect of the handheld RPG's, along with awesome villains. Including Miror B., who is always full of win.

Checkered Sky

~beneath the sky...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Colosseum and XD. I don't think the Pokemon franchise bodes well with other mechanics (ex. mystery dungeon, or drawing millions of circles)... and I just liked that they were darker. And like LeSabre said, they had awesome characters.

As for handheld spinoffs, er... I don't even know which ones are which anymore. Dx

Years
  • for me, it's a tie between the TCG game, Mystery Dungeon Red (the only MD I've played so far) and the original Pokémon Pinball.

There's a severe lack of Pinball love in this thread :(

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Pokemon Stadium 2.

Being about to use both 1st and 2nd Gens games in this N64 title was truely epic.

I loved the minigames much more than the ones is Stadium 1, and it had things like Mystery Gift and a 3D viewing of your GSC bedroom(Where you could even change the decorations)

Not to mention, it's the only game in the entirety of the series to allow you to battle with games of different Generations(1st and 2nd) against each other.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • I liked colosseum best. It had an interesting storyline plus achance to get some pretty awesome pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013
    I've always been a fan of the Mystery Dungeon games. A long time ago, I once played a game that was very similar to PMD, in that it had mystery dungeons to explore. Only you battled with Monster Battle Cards, and it was for the GBC. And it wasn't Pokemon.

In my day, we didn't have fancy Duel Domes. We played card games with rocks we found on the street. And then we threw them at each other. Come to think of it, it wasn't even card games at all; we just liked to throw rocks at each other. Mostly at me. That's probably why I have so much self loathing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I adore XD and its prequel but I think I would like them more if I could actually manage to beat them =(

Back