• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite Spin Off ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    My favorite spinioff would have to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2.... The way the story was told was just awesome. :D

Years
  • I've always been a fan of the Mystery Dungeon games. A long time ago, I once played a game that was very similar to PMD, in that it had mystery dungeons to explore. Only you battled with Monster Battle Cards, and it was for the GBC. And it wasn't Pokemon.

I believe that was Magi Nation, which was based on a semi-successful TCG. The game was actually more popular than the TCG it was based on, though. :P

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
  • The storyline for PMD2 is enticing, but the dungeons and Special Episodes for sky can be insane. E. G. Temporal Spire, Spacial Rift, Deep Dark Crater (only because of Cresselia, she's like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that's an octillion for you math freaks) levels lower than me and has the stats of a level 60. >.> PMD1 is pretty much the opposite. The dungeons are easy (Buried Relic is almost as easy as Tiny Woods to a level 75 with a LOT of apples and a monster-house-killing move.) the storyline is mediocre, and let me just say I don't like Lugia (he one shotted me after I cleared a 98 floor dungeon(Silver Trench or something for those who care)) .
    PMD3 hasn't come out in the US yet, but it seems similar to an upgraded Rumble. It doesn't count in judging, to be honest.
    Ranger 1 is kind of hard, it took me 3 months to beat Steelix >.> but I crushed the game after that, Ranger 2 is easier, but some things I hate (like when you traded the yellow gem for your friend, I said no 6,000 times (literally) before turning into the dark side (saying yes.)) Trozei is random-ish, it has a short, choppy storyline, it gets randomly hard, and it throws in plenty of boring and unboring levels to get you addicted. Rumble is weak in the way you can only learn two moves, and its outclassed by PMD3.
    To be honest, it's hard to decide what the best is...it's probably PMD2.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Mine would be Explorers of Sky because I always liked playing the PMD series and XD Gale of Darkness because I randomly used to love playing it when it first came out.

The Red Chain

Time and Darkness's terrific storyline only with additional awesome features.
    Like being Skymin in the dungeons.. total annihilation. ;3

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I have to say, I love the Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness AND the Ranger Shadows of Almia pretty equally. I think that being a pokemon is a bit more fun than capturing/releasing them again, but the storyline for Shadows of Almia is just awesome. It made me ship main girl x Keith XD
    All of the Mystery Dungeon games made me ship Main character x Partner, but time/darkness more so.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Colosseum and XD were my favorite spin offs. I loved the fresh concept and darker storyline. Plus playing as an older character, almost a tragic hero with his criminal past, was a lot better than the standard ten year old.

Years
  • Furret Frolic
    Delibird Delivery

Both are from Pokemon Colosseum 2 for N64.
    If those are not spin off games...

Then the POKEMON RANGER's are my fave spin off. Except for the screen damage and stylus sharpening...

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Colloseum and Gale of darkness were by far the best spin off titles to come out. They should honestly have made a third one for the wii, rather then battle rev.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2010
    HELP!!!

Hey people.. i have a request for anyone who wants to lend a hand.. I'm lookin' for someone with red rescue team who thinks they may be potentially capable of rescuing me from f.47 in wish cave ..generally i would'n care or i'd do it myself but i only have one copy and i'm impatient today!!

the code is: FJ?7K QYSW6(female sign)?? F9N(female sign)3 2W??? YHFTH?F? -4FJR ??XCP KS(male sign)TQF?? -+6(...)N

Would appreciate the help,

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I can't get enough of the Mystery Dungeon games. I play Sky almost every day.

I also like Colosseum, XD and Channel.

Back