• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is your favourite country?

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
Years
  • I love Japan, I so wanna visit someday! The culture is so cool, and I love the language(Heh, I wish I could speak it) and also, Pokemon came from there!

exemption

void
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    I've never been outside of Australia, so I guess that would be my answer. I don't want to make baseless assumptions, or otherwise praise a certain country without having gone to it before. Another person's opinion is often always a can of bias, which is why it's better to formulate your own opinion rather than "assume."

Years
  • I like Japan (Just like almist evrybody else), Korea, Canada, and China.

Japan - Great games, anime, what's not to like?
    Korea - Robotics. They are way ahead of everyone else.
    Canada - Clean country. Not as polluted as US.
    China - A lot of piracy. Commercial games for cheaper prices!

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • USA, it's my home, it's where I live. Thats about it.

"Homer: (pushing through the crowd) That flag is mine! (takes an American flag off the conveyor belt and stands on top of suitcases, waving the flag around) Don't mess with Texas! Shock and awe, losers! Shock and awe!"

Little humor from the Simpons...

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • does South Korea count?...I have ALOT of good memories there..I'd like to go back and visit one day....(Camp. George,Teagu,South Korea,to be exact...)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My favorite country? I automatically think of Japan.
    I've learned alot about it over the years, and it seems so cool.
    I wanna visit someday. x3

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Taiwan - cause speaking mandarin, good food, good clothing, chinese manga PWNS. <3 <3

USA - "Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations, may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong"

:3 Those are my favorite, but I have countries that I solely like.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • As much as I love my home Canada <3, there is just a feeling I get everytime I think about Japan and Jamaica, since my mom is from Japan and my dad is from Jamaica, I think of both them as my 2nd home country.. ^^'

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • My favorite country is Japan. I've wanted to visit Japan for some time now. I just love their culture and how it seems like such an ancient and sacred land. Visiting one of the larger cities like Tokyo or something would be such a fun experience, I think. =3

I also really like the Dominican Republic. I went there for a vacation two years ago and it was absolutely gorgeous. <3 While most of the people there live in poverty, the land itself is beautiful and the ocean is crystal clear. Anywhere in the Caribbean surely has a gorgeous view of the sea. <3~

~Kelsey

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • YoMama said:
    I like USA because we're a free country.
    dude...as long as you remember that it wasn't free at first,we're cool^_^...

anyway,I'd also like to visit Japan as well...I wish I could go to the countrysid,and...well,start an adventure,since I do know how to handle swords and stuff.....*starts daydreaming*

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • 1. USA, because I live there
    2. Brazil, that's where my sister (not blood-related) is from
    3. Australia, nothing like throwing some shrimp on the barbie with some friendly blokes

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    I loooove The Netherlands!! :)
    1. I'm born there
    2. They speak Dutch! XD
    3. And one million things more...

I also claim Japan.
    I even would like it if i was born there i think.
    Lucky you if you live there.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I love Japan. <3 Can you guess why? XD They are the kings and queens of anime and manga! XD That is why.

I guess I do like the US I mean I have nothing against my home country its just it tends to be a disaster here you know? XD

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • I live in the US, but the federal government, New Jersey, and Louisiana have all lost my respect for fumbling with religion and looking for Jimmy Hoffa instead of stamping out terrorism in the right spots. In fact, the reason why the bombings in Israel stopped was because Hamas managed to get control of the Palestinian parliament — it was not Western intervention. Plus which, the war in Iraq has only deepend the rift between Sunnis and Shiites, and there they try to make Iraq a model country whilst they do nothing to better the economic and social status of Jews and women in places such as Saudi Arabia. It seems as if we're becoming hypocritical, which makes it hard for me as an American to support my country.

I prefer the UK — I've wanted to move there, and from photos and communicating with its inhabitants I like its display of history as well as its entertainment. Out of the ones I visited, though, I like Canada (although I was only in Niagara Falls).

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    My favourite countries are.... the United States (I live here...) Canada (mom was born there) and Japan (lots of reasons...) XD

Back