• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What item will come with the games? (If any)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That's true. Besides some games come with CD's with the OST if you buy the physical copy. Hey, maybe ORAS will come with the OST from the originals :3
    Edit: Actually an OST would work for for digital too as one can put music into their Music player app in the 3DS.

Years
    The thing about adding an Amiibo figure is that the peripheral to use Amiibo on 3DS comes out in 2015. Until then, it's mostly a toy, and the wireless adapter and pokewalker were used to communicate with the game that wasn't possible with what is built in to the system (no wireless for the GBA, no IR for the DS).
    Without the upcoming Amiibo NFC adapter, I would've said the peripheral would've involved NFC in some way. Now, I don't think there will be any peripheral bundled with it. If we're lucky, maybe we'll get a soundtrack CD as a pre-order bonus, but that's it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    If we're lucky, maybe we'll get a soundtrack CD as a pre-order bonus, but that's it.

I have a similar mindset and hope, and if you get the digital copy you can have a digital download of the new soundtrack. Music is my thing and I would kill for an OST.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Amiibo may be only for Pearl and Diamond remake or Pokemon Delta Emerald if they ever do it with Z.

Off-Topic: Is there a way to get the forum taking account of transparency in avatar ? My previous one worked with it somehow but now I can't get it to work. Also the same with a GIF who didn't animated on the avatar and my previous one worked. I think it may depend on the size of the avatar to get transparency and animated gif.

Years
    I think a mini-PokeNav toy would be adorable! Maybe you're able to keep track of the amount or ribbons and costumes you have on it, or something to do with contests in general. Would definitely inspire more players to try the feature out in-game.

Years
    I think a mini-PokeNav toy would be adorable! Maybe you're able to keep track of the amount or ribbons and costumes you have on it, or something to do with contests in general. Would definitely inspire more players to try the feature out in-game.
    One can see the amount of ribbons in the originals in game, so I don't think there'll be any need for that.

Oh yeah, a PokeNav seems a good idea! Maybe adopt what the PokeWalker did, and also count steps?

The 3DS can count steps so there'll is little need for a Pokewalker like item. Only advantage I see is that a Pokewalker sized pedometer is easier to carry than a 3DS, especially a 3 DS XL and 2DS.

Years

One can see the amount of ribbons in the originals in game, so I don't think there'll be any need for that.

Oh yeah, a PokeNav seems a good idea! Maybe adopt what the PokeWalker did, and also count steps?

The 3DS can count steps so there'll is little need for a Pokewalker like item. Only advantage I see is that a Pokewalker sized pedometer is easier to carry than a 3DS, especially a 3 DS XL and 2DS.

All of this gave me ideas, some similar to the Pokéwalker.

How about PokéNav-exclusive Ribbons that a Pokémon can get for being sent to it? And of course the 3DS already counts steps, but it doesn't train our Pokémon or give us items (or maybe Ribbons in this case) for taking it with us when we walk.

Maybe it could let us earn points that we would use to buy some competitive items by going out for a walk. Or help us hatch Pokémon, or grow Berries, maybe give them a growth speed or yield boost if we walk while they grow?

Or it could have something like Super Training, that lets a Pokémon in it gain EVs while we walk, or makes it grow friendlier, or just gain experience.

Years
    All of this gave me ideas, some similar to the Pokéwalker.

How about PokéNav-exclusive Ribbons that a Pokémon can get for being sent to it? And of course the 3DS already counts steps, but it doesn't train our Pokémon or give us items (or maybe Ribbons in this case) for taking it with us when we walk.

Maybe it could let us earn points that we would use to buy some competitive items by going out for a walk. Or help us hatch Pokémon, or grow Berries, maybe give them a growth speed or yield boost if we walk while they grow?

Or it could have something like Super Training, that lets a Pokémon in it gain EVs while we walk, or makes it grow friendlier, or just gain experience.

They could add something in game that involves the 3DS internal pedometer. Some games allow you to trade coins you get from the steps for in game currency or other goodies. I would like GF to take advantage of it as not many game use it.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    A PokeDex you say? I want a working PokeDex with full color and functionallity not like the PokeDex toys which are ALL Black and White! xD
    Or a Mythical Pokemon mystery gift code to download a Pokemon such as Jirachi?
    and a figurine of The Hoenn Starter(s)

Years
    They could add something in game that involves the 3DS internal pedometer. Some games allow you to trade coins you get from the steps for in game currency or other goodies. I would like GF to take advantage of it as not many game use it.

They could, but we would still have the 10-coins-per-day limit, and I imagine it would be limited to things like buying items, as you said. This would integrate various different activities in a single place and give benefits in all of them, and then let us transfer everything we earn from them straight back to the games.

Anyway, those are just some of my ideas based on the Pokéwalker. They could come up with many other things if they decide to make an accessory, and like I said, as long as it is a PokéNav I'd be happy with it.

Years
    They could, but we would still have the 10-coins-per-day limit, and I imagine it would be limited to things like buying items, as you said. This would integrate various different activities in a single place and give benefits in all of them, and then let us transfer everything we earn from them straight back to the games.

Anyway, those are just some of my ideas based on the Pokéwalker. They could come up with many other things if they decide to make an accessory, and like I said, as long as it is a PokéNav I'd be happy with it.

Yeah, but one can always save up their coins. Transferring can be a bit annoying too, some of us had issues with the Pokewalker back in HGSS. I thinkk it'll be better to integrate those features into the main game.

Maybe the accessory won't even be something as interactive as the Pokewalker, but rather something more in the vein of the Wireless adapter. Not sure what they could add though to increase communication though...

Years
    Has anyone suggested an amiibo yet? A hoenn starter amiibo?

If the hoenn starters or their evolved forms are assists in sm4sh, I would not be surprised if ORAS came with amiibo.

Also like someone above me said; a downloadable app.

Yup, it was on my first post for this thread too xD.

I sure hope it's an Amiibo. It's possible that Nintendo has been working on a reader to read the Amiibo's on the 3DS all this time, and plans to have these games be the first to show them off much like how the first set of remakes back in 2004 were among the first to make use of the wireless adapter. Interestingly there's a rumor that Smash for Wii U will share it's release date with ORAS...

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Yup, it was on my first post for this thread too xD.

I sure hope it's an Amiibo. It's possible that Nintendo has been working on a reader to read the Amiibo's on the 3DS all this time, and plans to have these games be the first to show them off much like how the first set of remakes back in 2004 were among the first to make use of the wireless adapter. Interestingly there's a rumor that Smash for Wii U will share it's release date with ORAS...

Oh - heh sorry about that :P I was on mobile earlier; so reading an entire thread then was sort of daunting. I see it now though - and good call, I agree with you on that. It would play pretty nicely off of what they're planning on doing with amiibo's as well; having them go between devices like that. ( I think they did at least - )

Years
    Yeah, but one can always save up their coins. Transferring can be a bit annoying too, some of us had issues with the Pokewalker back in HGSS. I thinkk it'll be better to integrate those features into the main game.

Maybe the accessory won't even be something as interactive as the Pokewalker, but rather something more in the vein of the Wireless adapter. Not sure what they could add though to increase communication though...

We still would be limited to obtaining 10 coins each day. 1000 steps is too low a limit. And I think most things could be integrated in the games, but if it is to come with an accessory, why not a PokéNav that does all of that?

Years
    It may end up being Pokéball shaped again but Blue and White to mimic a great ball...I prefer a GBA like Pokédex looking thing or a redesigned Pokénav looking device than another Pokéball.

Back