• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What People do in Forums that You Hate

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    I get bothered when people use memes way too often. I swear, if I see "so i herd u liek mudkipz," one more time, I will snap. That has got to be one of the oldest, most overused, and irritating memes. I can't stand it.

I'm not sure if anything else annoys me though. I think that's the only thing that really gets under my skin.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    1. Bad writers who have not read the rules of the PFF&P section. Okay, yeah, I frequent that section, so of course this is going to bother me. When people post literal crap that is barely a paragraph, script format, etc. it just really grinds my gears. I mean, shouldn't it be common sense not to post half a paragraph and call it "a chapter"? I'm sure most of us have read a book in life, so we should all know that a chapter is longer. (of course there are probably some books out there that might have that short of a chapter, but for the most part, chapters are much longer)

2. Reviewers that should follow their own advice. I have seen people post a story, get a lot of constructive criticism, and then go off and give almost the same stuff to another person's story. Umm...hello? You're not setting a good example if even you can't follow that, so do you really expect other writiers to? No, you shouldn't.

3. Mini-modding. UGH. Just...no. No. Don't do it. We have a huge staff here, so you are not necessary. There's a report button, like Ryan said, so use it.

That's all I can think of for now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It appears I have another complaint now, oh goody!
    I'm now in red rep, why? Because someone with a high post count dosn't agree with my post, fair enough they're entitled to their opinion; now I'm at very poor reputation merely because of that, I could post 5,000 times with only 'lol' repeated over and over again and that gives me power to take away a fair bit of anybodys rep. Good rep is apparently rarely handed out, even Beachboy only has 2 green blocks and most normal members have 1 green block so reputation wise Beachboy is only 1 block better than the next '5 post person' that comes along. Lightning has only 3 green blocks after 16,000 + posts. No wonder I see that so many people are turning off their reputation.

On the mini mod subject, I didn't even know what a mini mod was before I joined this forum (Yes I should've read the rules, my bad) but I post something explaining why their thread will be closed and suddenly I'm one of these annoying mini mods that are a pain and an inconvenience; another forum I'm part of actively encourages this 'mini-modding' and encourages members explaining the rules and stating why threads will be closed to save the mod from doing it. I understand that it must be annoying in many ways but the way it is portayed here it seems like the plague and destruction of all forums.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Another thread that I have just seen "Person A likes Person B, who likes Person C, who likes B back. Person D likes Person C. Persons B and C are dating."

Now the profile dosn't say the age of the thread starter but guaranteed she will be about 12-14, she dosn't know the meaning of love, a boyfriend at that age is just some guy who maybe will buy you a packet of sweets from the corner shop. Then she thinks she is heartbroken and is apparently devastated. Live your life for goodness sake your only that age once...

Mmm. I will admit, I have probably gone to a good bit of friends on the internet with something of that like (not that love square), but the heartbroken thing. I can understand if someone is about 15+ and they had a long relationship, and obviously cared for each other, and caring meaning they did a lot of special things for that person, but something as little as that? Seriously. I have seen a few of these threads before, and let me tell you, it's just...ugh. If you have that kind of problem, believe me, talk to your best friend about it. Whether it's your real life best friend, or internet best friend, talk to someone else, not the entire forum.

Vendak, about the rep system, I personally don't understand why you have a low rep. I think that's disgraceful because you're making a lot of sense in this thread. The people who diapproved probably are the ones whose actions you find annoying.

Anyway, another thing on the rep system, I'm only repping people who I feel deserve it. I don't really care if I get repped back or not. Sure, it'd be nice, but I don't really care. I just want people to know whether or not I agree with what they say. Repwhores, on the other hand, are probably just repping for the stupidest things. Yes, Will, I'm talking to you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Vendak, about the rep system, I personally don't understand why you have a low rep. I think that's disgraceful because you're making a lot of sense in this thread. The people who diapproved probably are the ones whose actions you find annoying.

Well it wasn't in this thread... I can see why they gave me bad rep the post was quite negative and discriminating; but I'm complaining about the system rather than that particular case.

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    several things, trolls for one, they purposefully create trouble, and the more feedback they get, the more they do, I see no point to their actions.
    Next thing, people who abuse the reputation system, it is designed to measure how well liked the person is and how much positive or negative feedback they have, not a contest or a way to discredit someone(as seen in this thread above), I don't disagree with the system itself, but only with its improper use.
    Mini modding and people who make false accusations of it, let me explain, whenever someone starts trying to exert authority they don't have, is mini modding, however recommendations, rule related advice, or reporting is not, I think most people who accuse others of mini modding can't tell the difference betweent hat and contributing to the community.
    That's about it for forum specifics^^

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Pretty much the people who spam, bash and flame. Oh, not to mention people who CONTRADICT opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I can't stand it when people send me random friend requests. If they wanna be my friend, they can PM me first and THEN we'll talk about adding to the friend list...

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    People whos friends lists, back when we had them above signatures, go something like this.
    "Friends: Lightning, Arcanine, *~Ashley~*, Went, Loki/Allelujah Haptism... trying to make friends with all of the staff! :)"
    Like seriously?
    Ugh.
    BEING STAFF DOES NOT MAKE YOU SPECIAL. So stop sucking up.

Another thing I hate is people putting other people down. And it's always noobs doing it, too.
    I remember someone who opened an art thread in the Art Gallery, they hadn't been drawing for very long and they were young anyway. I think like 4 noobs posted, every one saying "srry dude but..........! u suck..........." or something like that, then me and another person came in and helped the thread-starter feel better. :| That made me SO mad... there's a thing called constructive criticism.

Years
    I agree with Aorio, crap like that is soooo annoying.
    I also hate spamming, flaming, and people that always think that they are superior.

Years
    Another thing I hate is people putting other people down. And it's always noobs doing it, too.
    I remember someone who opened an art thread in the Art Gallery, they hadn't been drawing for very long and they were young anyway. I think like 4 noobs posted, every one saying "srry dude but..........! u suck..........." or something like that, then me and another person came in and helped the thread-starter feel better. :| That made me SO mad... there's a thing called constructive criticism.
    See?
    That's so annoying. =\ Just looking at post that put people down is just wrong to me, too. Well, really, it's not ALWAYS the no0bs, it's people who post thier 'point of view' in a way that puts people down and don't really give a good review what-so-ever. (Ehh, I'm not great at explaining things. ^^;; )

I also don't really enjoy spamming and flaming, but really, almost anyone whould hate that, too. =P
    @Mence Master - I'm with you on that, too. =o

~A.R

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    People who feel like they deserve something or when they feel like Game developers are working for them.

-3-

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    I hate people that pretend their mods and run around in forums going *closed* ~closed~ etc. Though it usually just makes me laugh. Mini-modders also cheese me to no limit.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    People who format their posts unnecessarily.
    I don't mind people italicising etc. to make sure it is read back as they intended, but it's the people who post in different colours, fonts and sizes that really tick me off.
    If someone posts in size one text it's just annoying and makes it harder for me to read, so I skip past it.

Oh. and people who have their name at the end of their post, we have user names and signatures for that okay? ¬_¬

Heh, I basically just described Anastasia.R's post. xD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    This might turn into a rant. xD You've been warned..

What tends to bug me (mainly), are trolls, n00bs (different than newbies), elitests, and people who purposely try to get the staff angry, simply because they are staff. It's like.. seriously? What the heck? Don't complain about the staff, or try to piss them off, just because you resent the fact that they have power over you.
    = =;

Another thing that bugs me, is when people ask stupid questions, and make a new thread around that stupid question. Normally, I say there is no such thing, all questions are fine.. but they ARE such things as stupid questions.

Such as.. (this goes along with 'n00bs' I bet) someone making a thread on this Pokemon forum, in a Pokemon-related section of the forum, and asking if anyone here likes Pokemon.

D8

. . . .

Also, people could stand to type more literate. nn; Then just ' hi hw r u?? lolololol!11! i lyk pokam0nz cuz itz kol. do u lyk it?' I can understand that if you're 8-years-old, but most of the people don't post here from their cellphone, while they're in the middle of crossing a busy street, and could take the time to type correctly. :/

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I hate when people make posts questioning moderation systems, and rules.
    I hate when people have crazy long signatures.
    I hate when people post in really obnoxious text colors.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    People who go into flame-mode really easily
    Mini-mods. I find them seriously annoying, going around constantly telling people the rules...the mods are here for a reason, y'know. Use the report button and stop being bossy.
    People who write in tiny font all the time.

I can't stand it when people send me random friend requests. If they wanna be my friend, they can PM me first and THEN we'll talk about adding to the friend list...

Heh, is this supposed to be a joke, Agent Zero? XD

Back