• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What People do in Forums that You Hate

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    ehh, not too much annoys me, but there are a few things of course.

1) people who PM you and say "join my forum plz it will be fun and bring your friends". and when I don't respond, they pm me back like 10 more times asking why I have not responded. um hello? your forum is crap and you shouldn't have to beg members to join.

2) people who suck up to staff just because they're staff. and it's so painfully obvious too. people, you may think you're being subtle but everyone including the staff members themselves, can most likely see through it.

3) staff members that let it go to their heads that they are on the staff. it's sad :( no, you're not any better than us just because our names aren't colored.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I hate people like myself, who over use commas, overuse smilies, type in a small font, and believe that vocabulary and sarcasm will get them places. :/

I dislike people who suck up to authority. A lot. For example, people who will only quote a staff member or always agree with them bother me. Although a staff member usually has a valid point for many topics, some members don't bother to read another member's, but go straight to the moderator instead to quote them on it or rep them. I used to do it as a new member on my first joined forum and I hate myself for it. D:

Exactly. People that think "If I suck up to a staff member they'll like me and I'll be respected by all the newbies!" Well.... it doesn't work that way.

People that bash other people for putting in their thoughts and opinions annoys me to no extent. One other thing that annoys me? When people talk behind our peoples backs. That makes me want to... rip them in half.

Years
    I hate it when people use chat-speak.

"lol u r soooooo kooooool i luv u soooooo muuuuuch lolz!!111"

LOLURANOOB
    kthxbai

I also hate when people leave a forum for no good reason then claim that activity went down after they left even though there is concrete proof that people actually flocked in when they left because they left. X_X

Oh and you can't forget the classic of someone leaving 50 times and then coming back every time. :\

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Oh and you can't forget the classic of someone leaving 50 times and then coming back every time. :\

I'll admit the inside lol of that post on AIM.

Yeah, I hate this as well. If you're going to leave, leave. It's no use saying you're leaving forever and then coming back to "um, delete my clan".

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I can't stand it when people send me random friend requests. If they wanna be my friend, they can PM me first and THEN we'll talk about adding to the friend list...

^People who don't practice what they preach

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I hate it when certain mods think they're all that.

I hate people that pretend their mods and run around in forums going *closed* ~closed~ etc. Though it usually just makes me laugh. Mini-modders also cheese me to no limit.
    I'm sorry, but this post violates the rules. *closed*

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I hate when members feel the need to "take on the man and rebel against the staff." If you don't like the rules of a certain forum, just go away. It's just a site and I'm sure you can find another that conforms to what you want more. Otherwise you're just causing more problems than needed and you are more than likely just a drama king/queen starving for attention.

I also hate when members leave and come back, saying they've changed, but continue to cause problems for everyone.

I hate when people abuse things like reputation, which are supposed to be fun. Instead, they use it to cause headaches for everyone and diminish the fun factor. They decide to use it as a sort of "revenge tactic."

I hate when staff feel to leak stuff that should only remain within the staff. There are just certain things that everyone doesn't need to know.

I think this thread should have some positive stuff so:

I love when people start decent, thought provoking conversations that don't devolve into flame wars.

I love when people post awesome art, stories, teams, and other threads that are overall positive and well thought out.

I love meeting new people who share similar interests and forming firm friendships.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    ^People who don't practice what they preach
    ...so you're one of the ones who -rep'd me. At least I know who you are now...on that, I do practice what I preach; if someone doesn't wanna be my friend, that's their prerogative. I haven't gone on a rampage on anyone who declined.

That reminded me of another one...I cannot stand people who -rep me (particularly for my latest post in this thread) and not make their identity known--it's cowardice, really. Anyone I've ever -rep'd would be able to figure me out eventually 'cause I usually would have recently been in that topic and may have a comment connected to my post...some people don't leave comments at all ~_~.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    ...so you're one of the ones who -rep'd me. At least I know who you are now...on that, I do practice what I preach; if someone doesn't wanna be my friend, that's their prerogative. I haven't gone on a rampage on anyone who declined.

That reminded me of another one...I cannot stand people who -rep me (particularly for my latest post in this thread) and not make their identity known--it's cowardice, really. Anyone I've ever -rep'd would be able to figure me out eventually 'cause I usually would have recently been in that topic and may have a comment connected to my post...some people don't leave comments at all ~_~.

I'm actually not the one who rep'd you, I don't really think that giving someone bad reputation will change how someone acts. Sorry if I sounded nasty, but sending friend requests to random people really puts them off, at least try and start a freindly conversation first, okay?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Guys, this isn't the thread to discuss that. Please take it to a PM or a VM. Thank you.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I'm pretty easy going and I find few things that I hate.

Trolls and spam is an obvious one.

Compulsive lying, especially if its combinated with idiocy is another.

People who use bad language, spell horribly or overuse "Leetspeak". Use of a different language (say Japanese) on a forum without a good reason annoys me to a lesser degree.

And lastly those who don't have a shred of respect for others.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years

• Like most here, text messaging is very annoying. I can understand people with dyslexia or who are from another country. But there's really no excuse, since there are spell checkers for a reason
    • People who go on and ON about an argument. I'm not afraid of conflicts, but it drives me insane when someone can't think from another POV and just dwell on about how wrong you are and how right they are (unless of course, they actually are right)
    • People who input various unneeded Japanese words into every single post. What's the deal with that? I once came across someone who said "I don't really care for american seiyuu voice actors." - which means NOTHING. SEIYUU = voice actor from Japan. So it's an... American, yet Japanese double voice actor? I could name at least a hundred more examples, but just thinking about it gives me headaches
    • Overusing smileys. This one should speak for itself. It's retarded and looks retarded
    • Stereotyping members. I have so many times come across people on boards who stereotype you because of where you are from. I have had people say "How do you know English!?", or expecting their religious or moral views that are normal in THEIR country also being normal in every other country around the world

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    I think what bugs me the most on forums is the "lazy typer". Or as other people have put it, noob speak. The excuse for having horrible grammar and no attempt to improve is usually "i can rite prply but i choose not 2 becase its easyer to type like this". God, even typing it out myself, I'm getting angry.
    Another thing is overuse of smilies. I'm at risk of sounding hypocritical here, but I really don't like it when people use more than one or two smilies in their posts, especially if the post's short.
    For example; "lol, I love pokemon too! ^^ But I don't like pikachu. <_<; He's kind of annoying. >_< Ash should have a different pokemon following him around, imo. XDD"

That really ticks me off. It's excusable once or twice, but if someone does that in every post, I'm not going to be able to talk to them without getting angry.
    One last thing, posting in another language. It's always Japanese. Always. It wouldn't be so bad if people were obsessive over other languages, but for some reason, it's Japanese. The main offender "OMG that's so kawaii~" makes me rage, and I know it annoys a lot of english-speaking Japanese people too. You shouldn't mix the languages like that, it's ridiculous.
    Bluh, I think I'm done now. Hah, looking back at my own post makes me rage. Yayness.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
    People who think that just because they have a paragraph of words and a good vocabulary they're the smartest people on the internet. Especially when they have no clue on what's going on and they're just in there to sound important. It urks me a lot.

Japanophiles on forums also irritate me a lot D: ^___^ =^.^= and ^0^ should only be used in moderation scarcity. "Kawaii" and "baka" should never be used at all.

You put it perfectly.....

i just hate those people who type out those long paragraphs just because the think they are smarter than everyone else..

the Japanophiles urk me for reasons i wont go into...

and lastly i just despise the people who post like 5 year olds....

" XDDDDDDD1111111111111" i mean is that necessary?

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I hate myself when I reply in a thread thinking its a general topic then realize it was in the manga section, or when I post my updates for the R/S/E Monospecies challenge in the R/S/E Monotype challenge.(Only happened once- but still!)
    T_T It always makes me feel stoopid

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I hate it when staffers post things, pretending like it's not directed at the post above theirs, when it is. Especially when it's negatively oriented and uninformed.

Years
    I
    hate
    WEABOOS.
    You DO NOT LIVE IN JAPAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, STOP COMPULSIVELY USING THE WORD KAWAII GODDAMIT.
    I really hate people who obsess over something religously.

Anyway. I hate people who try to be unique by changing their post font. It's not cool, don't do it.
    AND TYPE OUT YOUR WORDS GOSH DARNIT.

I really hate members who try to act like the tech geniuses they can only dream of.
    And to top it off, I hate members who can't take another point of view. Seriously, I called the emblem system a pointless novelty and I was de-repped in a flash. Oh well. I never cared for rep anyway.

Just a chance to let off some steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back