• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    I usually always start with the water type seeing as their my favorite tyoe.So yeah,i chose piplup.

iShini

Go, Mah Giant Piplup!
    Years
    Piplup! X3 I was enchanted by it's cuteness ever since I saw the images before the game release. XD I love my Empoleon for lots of reasons and always starts first in my Battle Tower stable. XD

Turtwig and Chimchar are really cute too, tho'.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I chose Piplup becuase it was cute. XD
    But if Piplup was ugly, I would have chosen Chimchar probably.

pokemonron2

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    i chose chimchar because chimchar is awesome and then got it up to lv 30(did not evolve it) and went onto GTS and traded it for a lv 100 garchomp. im looking to trade for a monferno or infernape soon on the GTS...just gotta find the right deal

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    piplup. i only took a look at turtwig, then i chose piplup. it took a while to get past some bumps in the road, but it was a good choice

Years
    I chose Turtwig because it seemed to be the best grass pokemon I could get before the E4 (other than Roserade, but I dont like her). I could also have chosen Chimchar because he is the only fire type before the E4 (apart from Ponyta), but I almost never choose the water starter in pokemon games because there is plenty of water pokemon to catch. IMO a Water/Steel type is not as good as a Water/Ground type (like Swampert in Emerald) so I didnt choose Piplup.

5had0w 1ug1a

Lugia owns
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2008
    Turtiwg is my one because its a very strong pokemon when it evolves to torterra.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    What is a Chimchar? A monkey? I dunno. Turtwig is a turtle, Piplup is a penguin. What is Chimchar? I like Penguins too. ^.^

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    i awlays choose a water type, (save for silver, because i though cyndaquil looked awsome)

piplup however, wasn't a good choice made by me. it rots in my box now..

~Nadeshiko~

*~*The Lunar Lily*~*
    Years
    Both Turtwig and Piplup were my starters. :3 I find them both adorable! I chose Turtwig for Pearl (my main game), though and transferred over Piplup from my Diamond.

I was originally going to choose Piplup as my Pearl starter, but I couldn't resist Turtwig. x3 I enjoyed having them both on my team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back