• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I started off with Piplup, and now I pretty much baby Empelon- I don't use it at all outside of battling inside the game, though I can leave it in my box for weeks at a time (unlike Typhlosion/Blaziken/Blastiose/Charizard, all of which I can't help but keep around. Seriously. I need one of them in my party at all times. And yes, I admit I'm pathetic.)

Empoleon2000

The Water-Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2008
    I chose Piplup, I am a water-type fan myself, and penguins are cool.I also chose him because he would do great in the first gym battle.And he can learn peck wich is good aginst grass types.

Years
  • As well for your thread, I find it quite entertaining reading what everyone picked.
    Nice work, and great idea. :)

Anyways, I picked a Chimchar, I always pick the fire ones, they're great.
    Very strong.
    But hard to raise.
    They look horrible at first, but when they get to the second stage, can be very powerful and inflict LOADS of damage.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I always chose the water starter and for the first time I chose a fire type now its level 100 and didn't even beat up elite 4 yet But I do get damn lucky with lottery and won master ball 4 times. 4 Catching legendaries was never so easy and it was even easier when I just kept on tradin all my pokemon from ruby to diamond with master ball equipped.

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
  • I started out with Turtwig. It was powerful and it gave the characters in the game the right Pokemon (so they would match up with the TV show).
    I still have it (as a Torterra). I got it on April 22, 2007 (the U.S.A. release date of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl).

Kurokaze

Lucario fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2008
    I chose Piplup due to its 'aww, it's so cute *hugs to death*' factor. Said factor disappeared by the time Empoleon arrived ._. I wants my Blaziken from Emerald now. Or my Feraligatr from Crystal XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back