• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    I started with Piplup. When I was choosing the nickname Supper Vulcan just came to me (I'd been watching the Zatch Bell movie) and I felt only Piplup could have that name.

Syph Medwes

The Show
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2018
    The first time Turtwig, then traded for Chimchar, then on this time through I have Piplup.

THEY ALL SUCK >< I like the Johto starters the best.

Kagome

Just here...
    Years
    • Age 28
    • TX
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    sorry about that change it but like i said water pokemon is the best just like Piplup pip..piplup ^^

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    On my other three playthroughs, I picked Chimchar.

This time, I'm picking a Piplup.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2008
    I Started With Pilpup because it was a goooooood pokemon... but i do admit later one he has a lot of weaknesses.., but if u can make it better than what he is than it is perfect =)

SonicTheBoom

Footballer, Actor, Gamer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 4, 2008
    Piplup, water is usually what gets you to the league, as long as it has ice beam towards the end.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    piplup is osum i desided to test tortara tho so i got hem then the nasonul pokedex and finisd it to

The first time Turtwig, then traded for Chimchar, then on this time through I have Piplup.

THEY ALL SUCK >< I like the Johto starters the best.
    im with u
    :) iv desided on legindarys for my team it is osum it has arseos in it to

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2008
    I chose piplup but i think the most strongest among all or most usefull among all of them is turtwig.
    For me, choosing an adamant nature is the best and keep on boosting its attack because of skills like woodhammer,earthquake,crunch, and add up the supportive skill curse.
    but since i deleted my old save file and started a new game, i decided to choose piplup. i think its also powerfull

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2008
    i always chose the fire type starter on other versions but on diamond i chose piplup.
    when i saw him i just couldn't resist the way he was so cute

and as soon as i caught a ditto the first thing i did was breed 30 piplups

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2008
    I started with Piplup, 'tho I based my decision on which I thought was cutest, since I'm a poke-newbie and didn't know what else to base it off of. Sofar, I'm happy with my choice, since it's bubble attack is pretty cool.

Spiron

High life.
    Years
    It's my tradition to start each and every new Pokemon game with a water pokemon. I have done it since Pokemon Red , with the only exception being Pokemon Yellow - obviously. Started with Piplup, but started regretting it after it evolved into Empoleon. I wish I had of started with Chimchar - Infernape looks pretty good. However, once I complete the whole game, I'll be starting over again with Chimchar. :D

RenzokukenofCerberus

The Heart Break Kid
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    Piplup... but I wish I started with Turtwig.

Steel/Water is a horrible combination... I mean it's slow and Fire does normal damage... bah, soo lame.

Years
    I usually like the fire pokemon and use them as my starters but Torterra looked so awesome so I started off with Turtwig. I chose Turtwig when I first saw it and I only started my Pearl version, what, like 4 days ago now and I have a level 54 Torterra, 50 Luxray and yeah. I haven't regretted my desicion. Torterra lacks speed but when it comes to his attacking power, he is the Swampert of the 4th Gen games. Good Sp. Atk and Sp. Def. Awesome Atk. and Def. Also being a Grass/Ground type makes him okay against fire types.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back