• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon names have you always pronounced wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    Well, I always said Hippopopadon instead if Hippowdon. Which Pokémon did you pronounce wrong?

Years
    I always used to pronounce Suicune wrong, saying it as "soo-ih-soon" instead of "swee-kun". My pronunciation of Arceus also differs from the supposed official pronunciation, as I pronounce it "ar-kay-us", but I swear the roots I've found in the name's etymology make more sense than those supposedly used by Nintendo. =/

Sajin

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    I always used to call lugia, Alugia (Ah- Lugia) because my friend told me that was how it was pronounced. And I have the same problem as erebus, I still pronounce Arceus that way.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Arkayus? What the hell its arseeus not arkayus utter bullocks. Anyway i used to say ratattata or more tas and uh groudon groundon and kyogre kyogrey.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I always used to pronounce Suicune wrong, saying it as "soo-ih-soon" instead of "swee-kun". My pronunciation of Arceus also differs from the supposed official pronunciation, as I pronounce it "ar-kay-us", but I swear the roots I've found in the name's etymology make more sense than those supposedly used by Nintendo. =/

It ISN'T soo-ih-soon?

-hangs head in shame-

Apart from that I don't think i've ever had problems with names. A friend I had years ago used to irritate the hell out of me by constantly pronouncing names wrong, eg: Arctic-uno instead of Articuno, Hunter instead of Haunter. Grrr.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    *claps*

Well done to you, now if you'd read what I'd said you might have seen that I acknowledged that it's wrong.
    I did Erebus i meant it as an opinion why the hell did they go do that. Now i am pissed why did someone go and take off rep.Whoops im an idiot i deserved that. Its not only my computer thats loopy today its me.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Uuum.. when I was younger I used to call Zapdos um.. 'Zapados'.

& I pronounced Kyogre so it was 'Kyo-grey' like the Japanese word 'Kyo', because it never occured to me that it was pronounced 'Kai-ogre'.

Years
    I always pronounced Rattata wrong when I was younger...xD I always pronounced it, "Lattatata."
    And for Wormadam, I thought it was, "Wormadman." xDD

Lady Missie

Aspiring Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I just pronounce Suicune as how I learned Japanese sounds. Sue-e-coon-eh I have no idea if they switch it for english speakers or not. I had a hard time with Dratini. Always ended up saying Dragontini. Thankfully it's fixed. :D

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
    I used to say "Mega-neeoom" :P (It was weird when I heard "Megainium")
    Also Gyarados, I used to say: Giarados and Hippopotas, I used to saw Hippopowtas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back