• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon names have you always pronounced wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    There have been quite a few, especially in the old days when I was younger. Pokémon like Caterpie used to be cat-ur-pie. Things like that. XD

Loveon

RAWR.
    Years
    I always pronounced Gallade like "Gal-lad" But then I heard how it was pronounced in the 10th movie and well... yeah.
    I also pronounced (and still do) Uxie like... "Ook-see" but apparently it's pronounced "Yuk-see"

There was also Kyogre, which I pronounced like "Kyo-gray"

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
    Years
    I've been pronouncing Azelf wrong since I freaking learned his english name I also pronounced Mesprit wrong for a bit. Uxie was the only one I got right. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not going to type out how I pronounce them but...

▪ Gengar
    ▪ Gyarados
    ▪ Feraligatr
    ▪ Magcargo
    ▪ Larvitar
    ▪ Camerupt

That's all that I can think of at this moment, there are most likely more.

Years
    I always used to pronounce Suicune wrong, saying it as "soo-ih-soon" instead of "swee-kun". My pronunciation of Arceus also differs from the supposed official pronunciation, as I pronounce it "ar-kay-us", but I swear the roots I've found in the name's etymology make more sense than those supposedly used by Nintendo. =/

Until I read this post, I used to pronounce Suicune, like Suicide...

joehat

Yay
    Years
    I know I've got a few

Wartortle: was always Warturtle to me

I always thought Kabuto was: "Ka-bu-to" but then the anime had to go and call it "kabu-to"

Togetic: I think "To-ge-tic" sounds weird, I've always called it "To-get-ic" and continute to do so haha

Xatu: Honestly, I always called it "Ex-a-tu"

Who actually pronounced "Sudowoodo" right the first time? I didn't.

I always called Magcargo, "Marg-a-cargo" haha

Piloswine: I would say "Pillow-swine"

I said all three of the legendary dogs name's wrong at first. "En-tee" "Rai-e-kou" and "Su-e-soon"

I called Lugia "Lu-gee-a" and still call it that because "Lu-gey-a" sounds too much like "loogey"

Always said "Milot-ic" instead of "Mi-lo-tic"

I got older as the generations moved on though, so I started pronouncing more names right yay

I do have one question to add though..

Has anyone ever pronounced a real animals name with a Pokemon's name, by accident?

I can honestly say that I've said Charmander instead of Salamander, and Charmeleon instead of Chameleon, in front of a large group of people haha. More than once too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2009
    a lot of them haha i always had issues with some of the pokemon

Now that i think of it i use to get giratina wrong

Last edited:

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    I used to pronounce rayquaza ray quah za. And geerados instead of gyarados.

I used to pronounce rayquaza ray quah za. And geerados instead of gyarados. Also cheemecho rather than chimecho. TRApinch instead of traPINCH.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back