• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon would you want to ride into battle with?

Ace Trainer Jessie

call me ATJessie
Years
  • Think, if you will. An epic scene of battle, creatures and humans fighting side by side. With a deciding look, you call upon your Pokemon to fight along side you. You pull out your (insert choice weapon here) with one hand, and with the other release your beasts.

Which beasts would these be? In easy terms, which Pokemon would you want to have in battle with you and why?

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Charizard and Magmortar for fire-attacks, and a lot of them.

A Rhyperior for heavy artillery, and to take cover behind.

Alakazam to paralyze the entire enemy army, and stop any and all projectiles.

Bastiodon to take cover, and to actually RIDE into battle.

And of course Tyranitar, to whip up a sandstorm and fire off some hyper beams.

CrazyMe

Grow a Parasect :3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    OH GOD THIS IS AMAZING
    Empoleon. Gardevior. Blissey. Gengar. Metagross. Gallade.

Empoleon. starts with surf, sending certain pokemon high into the air, and can do pretty much anything ; )

Gardevior. My defense, Light Screen, Reflect, Healing Wish, Etc....

Blissey. The mother nurse. Tends to everyone's needs.

Gengar: So fast the battlefield becomes a minefield, clearing the way for Metagross & Gallade.

Gallade: My main Slahser guy, pet for Close Combat- lol PUN INTENDED

Metagross: My TANK. I ride it in, blast everyone away.

WAIT - CAN WE DO GEN V!??!?!?!?!?!!!??!?!?!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Riding Daikenki into battle would be epic because it reminds me of a unicorn. Watching it Megahorn opponents into oblivion might make me cringe a bit, though. For aerial battles, I'd ride on Salamence because of how J used hers in the anime. And let's not forget about Gallade, Scizor and Kirikizan for sword-style battles.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Aggron, pure tank. Typhlosion, erupting everywhere. Blastoise, it has CANNONS ON ITS BACK. Gallade for Close Combat, in both senses of the phrase. Flygon would be my mount.

Silmeria

Years
  • I think I'd like to do what J does in the anime and just stand on the back of a Salamence, cackling like a maniac as I unleash merry hell on those below with Flamethrower and Hyper Beam. If I actually had to ride into battle myself, I'd probably go on either an Aggron, Metagross or Rhyperior. Something with the ability to just smash straight through the front lines. Subtlty is nice and all, but I'd prefer to take out as much as possible as quickly as possible.

...alternately, just standing in the front lines behind a Wobuffet would work out nicely as well. Counter for direct attacks, Mirror Coat for projectiles. Encore to taunt the enemy and keep them going. It'd be quite fun.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Somehow the idea of a Lugia carrying me about strikes me as the best out of them (at least with little thought into it =p).

Ludicolo for the dancing factor though is also pretty awesome. ;p

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Metagross: Mostly for riding purposes and defense, but it can also use its four brains to manipulate the minds of my foes.
    Flygon: For quick aerial strikes. Also can carry air to surface weapons and drop them on foes.
    Bastiodon: Strong wall of defense
    Blastoise: I'mma firing mah cannons from behind the wall of Bastiodon
    Electrode: Zap enemies or go all bomb/kamikaze with Explosion.
    Machamp: When we need to get physical. It can also throw Electrode at the enemies like a basketball... that explodes in their face.

Note; Persian stays out of the battle until I win, when it comes out to taunt my defeated adversary.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Lugia for roaming the skies. Lapras, as a water medium. Snorlax for attacks. Bastiodon for defense. Jigglypuff, for putting all the enemies into sleep, and so that I can draw on their faces to celebrate my victory. :D

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • Wielding a spear with a Mamoswine's tusk forged at the end, I call my Lickilicky. I pierce it's skin with my spear making it savage, it crumbles to all fours, foaming at the mouth. It runs into the woods in a fierce rage killing everything in sight.

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I would choose rayquaza for aerial attacks (i feel the need to be actually riding rayquaza) , blastoise for ranged water attacks, dugtrios for underground attacks, and weavile for up close attacks :) and maybe throw an absol or two in there for good measure haha :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    I'd ride Arcanine into battles while Lucario and Infernape whaled on others in hand to hand combat (Just cause!) Pigeot for aerial support, Sandslash for underground support, and Ursaring for...just intense battling of coursre.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • A Wurmple!!!

jk

Jarouda FTW! an absolute giant beast snake. I will fight, slithering around a labyrinth on its back, with Jarouda moving like that Medusa in Clash of the Titans. It is fair to say I would own everyone ;)

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Happiny 100%! That littles peice of pink matter can carry a boulder, it can carry me. And my enemies would be like WTF is that going to do to me. in the End I win =)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Mine would probably be:

Garchomp (yeah, they wouldn't know what hit 'em)

Alakazam (support only. or planning strategy)

Tabunne or Blissey (cleric)

Metagross (heavy hitting)

Scizor (spying or ambush)

and of course, Miltank. So I can laugh after the battle's done.

Ayselipera

Well if you mean epic as in SUPER AWESOME TESTOSTERONE FILLED AWESOMENESS then it won't be hard at all for me to pick which ones I'd bring to battle. I would imagine a full team of dragons or just really manly looking Pokemon. For the sake of creativity though I'll try to think up something a little more interesting. :3

~ (I'm avoiding legendaries)
    ~ (All Pokemon below I deem epic looking :D)
    - Ninetales: Fire is needed.
    - Jolteon: Electricity is needed.
    - Steelix: Useful for earthquakes and fissures.
    - Archeos: I would imagine others would be a little frightened if I flew in on one. Plus it's important to be able to see above the battlefield.
    - Solrock: Psychic power is very useful.
    - Kirikizan: Seems to me like a good up close fighter

... and yet somehow I would still manage to throw in a Bellsprout for Vine Whipping/Sleep Powder goodness. Actually I think it would be a thousand times more epic if I just brought a Bellsprout and either Poison Powder/Sleep Powder/Stun Spore everyone to death. Yayayaya!

Back