• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What religion do you believe in?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    What religion do you believe in? Were you born into it or did you convert to it? If so why? Is there anything in particular you heavily agree with/disagree with about your faith? Discuss!

I'm personally Christian myself and while I'm not as dedicated as others I know, I like to think I'm slowly becoming a pretty religious person.

(please respect everyone's beliefs. Discrimination isn't cool, yo)

Discuss!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Well I would say I'm Christian, but I'd be lying. I was born into it, and was obsessed with it, till I got older and gained life morals, which would conflict with Christainity a bit. So since my morals shaped my life, I'm just affiliated with no religion, although I have respect for them. :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    It makes me happy to be the first atheist to post in this thread, because I get to feel like I was atheist before it was cool.

I don't believe in any religion, it seems like a giant waste of time and effort to me for something that can't be proven.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't follow a specific religion. I have my own personal beliefs.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    My family isn't religious so I grew up without learning about or following any religion in particular. And as I grew older I just never felt the need or desire to seek one.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    I consider myself an animist, actually. I grew up in a family that, while mostly had Christian beliefs, were non-practicing and didn't attempt to bring religion into my life. My mom wanted to raise me in a secular environment, and as a result I didn't even know what a bible actually was until I was about twelve. My personal beliefs have developed after years and years of self-discovery.

Years
    I'm technically christian as I was confirmed. I used to go to church every week but nowadays my christian belief is weak and stopped practicing as I didn't see the point in going to church.

As for my actual belief it's probably closest to deism, but I don't think opinions and debates about religion is worth giving a thought to.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I am a Christian. I believe what I believe not only because I've been born into a Christian family, but because I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour with every fibre of my being. It is by His grace that I am who I am today.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I'm a Buddhist by choice; as a young child I was raised with no religious guidance whatsoever and chose it out of my own personal experiences, and also because some of its bits appeal to me, namely buddha-fields, reincarnation + separation of soul and shell, and a certain lake guardian named Palden Lhamo - specifically a peaceful manifestation of her named Gyelmo Maksorma.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't follow the rules for any religion, but I'm not atheist because I don't believe that there's nothing out there. I just do my own thing.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    my family is pretty much all devout Catholic, and as a result I go to church every week, but I don't believe in the teachings. weirdly enough I don't even mind going to church, it's got a nice atmosphere, I guess, even if I don't pay any attention while I'm there. (:

Poki

Banned
    Years
    It makes me happy to be the first atheist to post in this thread, because I get to feel like I was atheist before it was cool.

I don't believe in any religion, it seems like a giant waste of time and effort to me for something that can't be proven.

Dammit! I wanted to be the first atheist to post. ;-;

Years
    I'm an atheist.

Though tbh I'm not against the idea gods or of there being something after death. I just don't believe in any of it.

I was raised Christian (baptized Catholic, then converted to the Methodist church once my mom re-married). Oddly, I was pretty devout until I moved out to college. Then I just slowly lost touch with religion. *shrugs*

Back