• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What spurred you to donate?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
  • Great community for Pokémon fans here - the biggest and best on the net IMO and therefore well worth supporting, and PPNSteve did me a great favour for a while by hosting my fake card materials - sadly not accessible now - and to be perfectly honest, I altogether wanted a purple name :)

Years
  • I think My original Donation was just for the colored username, but when I donated again, not too long ago, I did it out of pride for the community. I love it here.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

I love it here, too. Also, take a look at my name and tell me it shouldn't be purple. XD

I've only donated once, and that's probably all I'll be able to do, but I donated enough to get all the bonuses. I don't want to see this place die, so I figured I'd help. Plus the extra email may come in handy.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Since I am a regular here, and it is my favorite forum I thought I want to give back. I knew the cost of keeping this place going is expensive, so I thought I will help out a little. It felt so right at the time. I will need to donate more, if I can.

Jaxsem

Owner of PokémonXP.com
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    At the time, while still actively maintaining PokemonXP.com, I thought it'd be bad if people called me anticompetitive. So, $100 later, PC gets stronger.

And the purple name's just awesome.

Years
  • PC is a forum that I've come to love hanging around in. I've shared a lot of fond memories here and that more or less sparked my interest in donating for a long time. Plus I have money in my bank account that's been sitting there for months picking up dust. So in the end I decided to donate for the good cause.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I donated to PC because of having an excellent staff and what they've done in the past 5 years. I mean, they deserve to be staff with all the help they have giving us. Especially from Sammi, she has helped me alot in December to January, and maybe I will donate again around this month or next month.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Well, basically, I wanted to donate because I have been here years and never done so. So I thought, now I have a little money, I will donate abit. XD

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    'coz i like purple.. actually had no idea i'd turn purple, but hey; i dig it.

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
    Years
  • Hmm my reasons for supporting PokeCommunity is the same as it was for supporting Bulbagarden in that my own forum (the forum I would consider home in other words) TPM in 2003 or so, was going through financial difficulties and at the time due to my financial situation I was not able to support them.

Fortunately, I am now in a better financial situation and after being away from the internet literally for four years (no internet at home thus very rarely visited anything outside tpm and one or two other sites), I found myself with the internet again. I feel comfortable within the pokemon community and thus it was natural that with the internet at home again I would choose to visit pokemon sites and forums. And while I don't think I've found exactly what I want. This because TPM is well dying and PC, SPP and BMG just don't feel like a home for me (thats not saying the other communities are bad or anything but I guess I'm just too used to the past etc).

Nonetheless, I first noticed that BMG needed help and thus decided to donate there and even though I saw the donations thing, I didn't think that much of it. But I have been noticing PC being a bit slow at times and I was just browsing the board when I happened to see the donating thread in the announcements forum and decided to donate.

Thus my main reason is to give back to the pokemon community and to try and make up for not at the time being able to help TPM. However, obviously being purple looks great and extra benefits such as a bigger avatar, more pm space and of course secret forums is always a good thing. And it may well compel me to post a bit more round here.

(And I type something that could have easily been said in one or two sentences, lol).

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
  • ...I donated mostly because I figured I might as well give something back to a forum that I am on rather often. It really had nothing to do with the perks that come with it. Not to say they're not nice that just wasn't my reason.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • Well, my first reason for donating, Was Purple Username XD;

But this forum has such great staff i decided that i would donate, i want to help out and i will probably donate again when i have the chance ;D

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Well, I've been here for about 2 years and since then I've always kept a low profile, but lately, after meeting lots of great people, I started to really enjoy PC, so I thought I'd do what I can to help the place I had grown fond of. /corny

Plus, the purple username isn't that bad either. xD

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Well... I don't believe I even knew about the different colored user names when I first joined PC. I just did it because I had recently been employed and thought I would donate to a site I felt very fond of. Without PC, I would have never learned of my fondness for rom-hacking. The rest of the money donated is like a little tradition of mine... everytime I run out of money on a pre-paid debit card, I use the last bit of money to donate to Pokecommunity. Now I'm a 3 Tier. :P

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Steve was like hurting for monies or something way back when, and so I gave him $10. And uhm. Then I found out there was a VIP Forum and since I am a VIP, I thought it was important that I get access to said VIP forum, and therefore gave Steve $5 more and got access. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Because PC is awesome. Also because the Purple Username resembles Waluigi. The BEST Mario character ever.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Well Ive been at PC for a year and I come on here pretty much everyday. I've made great friends here and PC has just brought me much joy, so I thought I'd donate in return for all the good times PC has brought me ^^

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    ° For being here a year, ° For PC being a very fun and great forum, and ° of course, for the purple username. XD But the purple username, in my opinion, was the least relevant reason.

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
  • I just like the idea of being one of the people to help keep the site going for everyone. I hope more people will follow the trend who've been here much longer than I have. [:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • to be honest i wanted a bar to appear under my user name when i posted. since admin and mod were out of the question i decided to go for the supporter. and i am gland i did. will be giving again next month when i get paid. i just like it here, makes me fell home

Back