• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters
Years
treecko.gif
torchic.gif
mudkip.gif

Yay Hoenn starters! Which of these three did you choose in your playthrough of OR/AS? Have you ever used others in these remakes? Which is your favorite, both to use and design-wise?

Years
It's always a Hoenn tradition that I choose Mudkip as my starter and these games were no exception, and given how much I loved Mega Swampert it served even more of an incentive to choose who was always the best Hoenn starter from my perspective.

Mega Swampert did really good wonders in Alpha Sapphire, because it hits hard but can also take a hit. Plus it becomes so menacing in the rain thanks to Swift Swim. That bulk came in handy when I was trying to catch Kyogre.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I picked Treecko because initially I picked one in my Emerald run, and I still liked it. Its draining attacks and Mega Sceptile really do wonders here. I haven't tried the others yet, though.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
In my Alpha Sapphire file, I picked Torchic because it was the pokemon starter that i picked up back in Ruby, the game that re-started my love for playing pokemon games. It was a fitting way for me to complete my circle of playing pokemon games. And i simply love Torchic. Its so cute and it becomes my favorite pokemon of all time upon reaching its final evolution phase.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Treecko is the best!I picked it in my original playthrough of Sapphire and now it has a Dragon-type Mega Evolution, so I cannot resist <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Mudkip! I had Mudkip in my original Ruby so I couldn't resist using it in the remake. I didn't actually use its Mega Evolution (because I had Absol on my team and used its mega instead) but that doesn't matter it was amazing just the way it was just like back when I used it in Ruby. ♥

I haven't gotten the chance to use Torchic or Treecko because I need Alpha Sapphire before I replay. But I do really want to try using Treecko's mega evolution someday.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I picked up Mudkip. I originally always picked Mudkip in Sapphire, and I felt I had to go back to old times to really get the nostalgia from the remake. Needless to say that it worked, and I adored playing through the game with Mudkip again. On my run through of OR however, I will be using Treeko, because Mega Sceptile is a boss.

Years
In my main copy of Omega Ruby, I picked Mudkip, and it was cool as a Mega Swampert when I got to use it as that. But my newest adventure in these has me taking Torchic, who has proven to be a nice bro on more than one occasion. I have yet to go with Treecko in any real playthrough, though, but i'll have to at some point.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I picked Treecko because I picked it when I first played Ruby, simple as that. I usually pick Torchic when playing Gen 3 but I thought I'd be different from usual since it is my first time playing the remakes.

Years
Before I sold Omega Ruby, I went with Treecko. I'm going to buy it again since I miss playing modern Pokemon and this time I will go with Torchic. Gotta love going fast with Blaziken's mega.

Years
I totally went for Torchic in Omega Ruby because, well...It's kinda implied that you choose the fire starter!

Not only that, it's at the very top of the Pokedex, so I can work my way down the list staring from 001#. It's final evolution is a Fire/Fighting duel too, I always find Fighting Pokemon awesome, but you're only limited to things like Machop or Meditite (One I grow bored of, the other I despise!), any other fighting types such as Hitmonlee/Chan are found much later ingame and difficult to get.

All in all, I like Torchic. It's a cute baby chicken, then grows into a fighting flame machine that's really effective ^_^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I chose Torchic for nostalgic purposes. It became the first starter I chose in ruby, and I chose it for OR. I also wanted Mega Blaziken in my team, so there's also that!

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
I did choose Mudkip for nostalgic reasons. I always picked Mudkip when I started a new adventure on my Sapphire cartridge and this is not exception.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Mudkip, and I haven't regretted it for a second. I run 2 Swamperts competitively, 2 for EV Training leads, and one for an HM Slave.

Swampert the Butt Hawk <3

SiriusAlpha

One and only
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I picked Torchic because, well, I like it the best. Mega Blaziken is a badass.

Back