• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
First playthrough I went with Torchic just because it's the one I started with in Ruby when it first came out. Although I went back and chose Mudkip on my second playthrough just because I really wanted to try Mega Swampert

eleventh

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAR
Years
Mudkip! There is something about Mudkip that appeals me in so many levels... or maybe because I'm a huge fan of water Pokemon.
I also considered choosing Treecko but still, I ended up picking Mudkip.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I picked Treecko as my starter Pokemon. I really love how easy it is for me to use in battle.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
I chose Treecko! I would have chosen Torchic since it's my favorite of the three and it is so adorable, but I did use one in XY so I wanted to try something different. I used Mudkip in my first Sapphire playthrough as well, so Treecko was the only one I hadn't used yet. I also think that Mega Sceptile looks amazing xD

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Treecko. I would have went for Torchic but I had already had a recent experience with it with the X/Y Torchic gift.

I've never really liked the Mudkip line, even though I nearly always choose water starters.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've restarted the game a couple times now - first playthrough (which I finished) was Torchic, replayed with Torchic... again lol, finished that one. Then I tried it with Treecko, and got really bored of it not even halfway through, so I restarted again and picked Torchic. I haven't played it in a few months now so I think I'm pretty burnt out... no pun intended.

But anyway yeah. Mudkip was my starter back in the original Sapphire version so I wanted to try something different.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
In my original ruby on my very first playtrough I picked treecko and I was planning on choosing it again, but that changed when the mega-evolutions were revealed and mega-swampart looked badass.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
Mudkip, Swampert has a really cool and useful typing.
Not that I use it, but it's nice to have.

Mrgrimm86

Gyarados_tamer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
Treecko, in my opinion, has always been the coolest of the hoenn starters. The new dragon typing and overall design of the new mega evolution only made him cooler.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Yeah I picked Treeko because I felt like its new mega evolution being Dragon type was pretty hype.

DeadAlien

Sup
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 25, 2015
I like both Torchic and Treecko, but I chose Torchic just because it's so cool when it evolves, lol. The Mudkip line is ugly and dumb (jk, sorta).

Sirfetch’d

In my first play through I picked Mudkip because it's probably the most useful of the three early and I was super excited to use mega Swampert :0

Years
I picked Treecko because I tend to favour grass type starters, I find Sceptile more visually appealing than Blaziken or Swampert so there's that too.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
I used Mudkip in my first OR run, I honestly prefer Torchic, but seeing it as an event pokemon for the X and Y launch, there have been a lot of mega Blaziken running around, and I like Mudkip better than Treecko. I did use a Treecko when I Nuzlocked AS.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Always Mudkip. I love Mega-Swampert's design plus it brings me back to my Ruby days when I just keep on using Mudkip.

Years
I picked Treecko because it was the only Hoenn starter I never picked in the original Ruby and Sapphire. I always had picked either Mudkip or Torchic, so I decided to give Treecko a chance. Also, the dragon type add on for M-Sceptile intrigued me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Initially, I chose Treecko because of the Mega Evolution. Then I replayed and used the other two. I'm restarting AS again and will probably once again use Treecko :)

Back