• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Mudkip because it has the only final evolution that I don't think is completely stupid.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
In Omega Ruby I picked Mudkip because I picked Treecko in Sapphire and used Torchic for a bit in Y, not on my team but enough. Mainly because I had never used it before.

Pear Of Peaches

Forum Youngster
Years
During my first time playing, I was forced to pick Torchic because my friends and I did not want to have the same starters. Torchic is easily my least favorite out of the Hoenn starters. I recently made a new file on my OR and picked Treecko. Treecko has always been my favorite grass starter and one of my favorite Pokemon.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I picked Mudkip because I never really used it in the original games. I figured I would make for lost time.

KingKempy

Cash Money
Years
I picked Mudkip, because I thought he looked the coolest of the three. Little did I know he would evolve into an absolute beast wrecking havoc all over Hoenn. >:)

The Den

Dark Mystery
Years
  • Age 23
  • US
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
Even though Mudkip turns into a beast when it evolves, I went with Treeko. Treeko was the pokemon I went with in my very first Emerald playthrough and I wanted to bring back the memories in ORAS.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 22, 2017
im surprised blaziken was the least picked. I guess mudkips water ground combo is too sweet to pass up for the stats it has.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 22, 2017
i picked torchic because i had used the other two more recently in older versions of the game on my phone. ^^

Years
im surprised blaziken was the least picked. I guess mudkips water ground combo is too sweet to pass up for the stats it has.

Nope, it was actually because there was a Torchic event released at XY's launch and it was holding the Blazikenite so everyone who downloaded that event used Mega Blaziken and likely wanted to try a different Mega for ORAS.

Back