• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    In my AS wonderlocke (Yes I just did it without playing the game regularly because I was freaking excited as fuck)
    I picked Torchic. And then traded it.
    My favorite out of them is tied between Treecko and Torchic, I love Fire-types and the thing when he runs back to his position is freaking adorable! But I think use-wise, Treecko has much more use and Mega-Scpetile seems like a beast!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    In my Sapphire run, I selected Treecko as my starter. He was great. In my Ruby run, I picked Mudkip. In the run I'm doing now I brought in a Chespin, so I didn't use the starter. I never picked Torchic because I already have so many teams with Blaziken on it and I already have a supply of Torchics from when XY came out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I have usually always have pick the fire starter for each generation. With my favorite being Fennekin. So i did my true and true method and went with Torchic.

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
    I used Mudkip in my first Alpha Sapphire run because I absolutely ADORE Mega Swampert's design. He's so funny. I needed to use him.
    Then my sister picked Treecko for my Omega Ruby run. I'm not AS fond of him but he's been good to me.
    I've used all 3 before but I love using Swampert the best. He might not be able to effectively use Surf stat wise but I like him and his typing/moveset over Sceptile and Blaziken. ♥ Sothe and my Lethallin.

WolfAndSheep

Nor Predator, nor prey.
    Years
    Treecko.

Mega Sceptile is really cool. Mega Blaziken wasn't very exciting because it came out early, and I just don't really like the Mudkip line. There was really only one choice.

I think in the original I ended up using Torchic though, actually.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
    I chose Treecko. The main reason for this is because I used a Torchic in X and I didn't want to use it again in the same generation. The reason why I didn't pick Mudkip is simply because of the fact that my brother called it. I like to pick a different starter than he does, it makes it more fun when we battle. (Of course, I pick the type better than his...heheh....).

mjb8910

mjb8910
    Years
    Treecko on AS and Mudkip on OR just because I ran with Mega Blaziken in XY. Not dissing Mega Blaziken as it one of my favourites to use in battle

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I went with Mudkip because I love Mega Swampert's design. In Omega Ruby I went for Treecko since I feel like it's underrated comparees to Torchic and I actually really like Mega Sceptile's design as well.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I picked Torchic now, 'cause chicks are adorable :3

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2018
    I chose Treeko, although not by default. My two best friends and all I bought the game at the same time and each chose a different starter at random. I got Treeko even though Mudkip is my favorite of this gen. We each build different teams and battle often as we progress through the game!

Nuclearkiller42

A pig in a cage on antibiotics
    Years
    I didn't get to play that yet, but I'll probably pick Treecko, or maybe Torchic, but I already used him in Sapphire so I think I won't choose it. I do like Mudkip, but Swampert... Not so much.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I used Mudkip on my first run through because I always go with the water starter the first time. However I just picked torchic for my second run through.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    In my very first ever play of Sapphire I chose Torchic, and it was the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100. Torchic and Blaziken will forever have a special place in my heart for that reason. I still have that Blaziken to this day in my Omega Ruby.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    In OR, my original playthrough, I used Treeko. In AS, which I just started recently, I chose Mudkip. Treeko is my favorite of the three and Torchic is a close second, but I had already used the event Torchic in my Y playthrough. So I chose Mudkip for variety ^^

Back