• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was the hardest part of R/S/E when you started playing it?

Years
    I believe Wattson was his name.

Anyway,Tate & Liza were the hardest part for me. Took forever to beat them. Earthquake kept taking out my Pokemon really fast.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    @ Hunk: You're right! Juan was a cinch compared to Wallace.

I actually had trouble on Wallace x.x;;

v-lord

n00b smacker
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 1, 2005
    the hardest part in all the games for me is building a good team at the beginning.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I agree ^^

You have to really train your guys if you want to PWN all the way through -.-;

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I pretty much blasted through everything Wallace and Juan had, except for Juan's Kingdra and Wallace's Milotic (and Ludicolo in Emerald, especially since I didn't have a flying type with me) x.x

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    In Emerald, my E4/Wallace team was *checks* Blaziken, Flygon, Starmie (Thunderbolt ;)), Manectric (again, Thunderbolt), Gardevoir (Thunderbolt... XD), and Absol.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    I better start putting my Manelectric at the front for more training. I'm going to need the extra help now. Wyona's being a pain towards me now. I don't have an Ice type and Alteria's doing a number over my Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think Raichu's a much better choice than manetric ^_~

Think you need that many thunderbolts? 0o;;

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    My raichu has lots of HP ^^ Maybe you just got a sucky nature :P

Having tons of pokemon with thunderbolt is rather redundant though :/

Hahlin

The USN Soldier
    Years
    lok said:
    Liza and Tate is hardest! Earthquake + Psychic!!! my pokemon can't stand long under their attacks! I spent lot of time to defeat them.

same here! it also took me a while at the Dewford gym and Normas gym, but, I beat the pokemon league with just Rayquaza, wierd

steel_skarmory

Ph33r t3h houndoom
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 25, 2005
    As far as the plot in the game such as, gym leaders, Team magma/aqua, and other stuff, nothing was really hard. What was hard was choosing the pkmn to use on my team, and getting them to lvl.100. It wasn't really hard, but it took me a long time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I didn't have any trouble till the Elite Four. I was using the "stomp" method with my Blaziken: I would power-level it until it was so high level that nothing where I was could beat it. The power levelling began when I evolved it into a combusken just to beat Roxanne.

Back