• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was the hardest part of R/S/E when you started playing it?

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    Nine said:
    Probably the beginning, suffering through training Ralts. o_o

Or the Electric gym leader, can't remember his name... I dunno why, everyone else was easy EXCEPT HIM.

me too
    plus haveing to evolve my cute torchic into blaziken to beat norman
    and flannery was a pain same with liz and tate,couldnt even beat them :dead: and with my torchic it was hard to beat roxanne but i did with my lombre

Umbreon14

Just another member
    Years
    I could never beat Wattson. It always took me at least 4 tries, him and the elite four because I never level up for the e4 in any game XD.

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    i could never beat may the time you faced her on the ruote right below mawile city(marshtomp vs grovyle, i'd always lose)... than i got smart and realized "Hey... wingull is a flying type! Grovyle is a grass type! YAY." but tahts when i first got r/s... in emerald there really wasn't too much hard stuff.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    I actually found the gym leaders to be easy this time around (I restarted). I got lucky on each of them. Especially on Norman. I only had my Torkoal and Gardevior left... I sent Torkoal against Slaking, Torkoal Body Slammed him, Slaking was paralyzed. Slaking then killed my Torkoal, then I sent out Gardevior, Pyschic... Loafing... Pyschic, Can't move... etc, it continued till I won. Lucky huh?

Oh, and Tate and Liz weren't that hard. I beat their Claydol in one hit, their Xatu with a few Thunderbolts... Lunatone with Steel Wing/Iron Tail, and Solrock with a Surf (times a million, I swear, I hate it when they use Hyper Potions) and Iron Tail.

In my past few games Winona was a bum. I couldn't beat her, I battled her a lot... yeah, she was hard.

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    The hardest part(s)?
    1. First try in Wallace's Gym (Stupid ice!)
    2. Trick house with the Rotating Doors (Where i am?! Where's exit?!)
    3. Beating Winona (That @#$% Swellow!)
    And, it was not hard, but long... In Norman's gym in my Ruby, i battled with one Slaking one hour! It was using Rest, Rest, Rest...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I had a bit of trouble with Winona when I chose Treecko...but my Emerald marshtomp made that a lot easier =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ya XD

You could add Wallace as well...in R/S he was hard. Haven't tried him in the E4 yet...

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    The hardest part for me in R&S was hm...Maybe it was the second time battling May idk it was when her main pokemon was in the second stage of evolution and mine was too. It was my Grovyle vs her Combusken so...yeah. Didn't fair too well but somehow I managed to take her down.

Uber_Flame

I'm Driving This Boat!Gah
    Years
    let's see i had another post but that was just 1,let's see,catching feebas,getting to rayquaza,Wattson was the hardest of all Gym Leaders,Breeding anything i had,and of course finding one of the lati's

Back