• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was the hardest part of R/S/E when you started playing it?

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    I always have problems with the Elite Four. I tend to undertrain my Pok?mon, so I usually get slaughtered before I make it past Kagetsu [Sidney]... XD I hardly ever remember to train Pok?mon to cover those weaknesses for the Elite Four. >> +bangs head on screen+ And Senri [Norman] gives me trouble, too. Though, in Emerald, I had my Hariyama, so he was easy. XP

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare

*sparkle sparkle*
    Years
    The hardest part for me was choosing a permanent team. The first time I fought the E4, I had a weak team, with my 2 strongest being:

Swampert lvl 61 @Soft Sand
    -Earthquake
    -Muddy Water
    -Water Gun
    -Ice Beam

Kyogre lvl 54 @none
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder (TM)
    -Calm Mind

Now, things are changed. I can beat the E4 without breaking a sweat. Swampert's at lvl 100, and the rest of the team is around 77. :)

Ransit

Master Trainer(poison)
    Years
    yah the electric gym was HELL in Sapphire I had treeko I think at the time and All my pokemon team was a treeko,cascoon,tallow,and oddish. yah, it was hard I got like 20 potions and 5 paralyze heals. Then at that part of the game your hp is low so sonic boom and that one unavoidable lightning attack devasted me for quite a few tries:)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Just found out another hard thing in Emerald :(

Finding someplace decent to train ~.~;

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Artisan Cave is in the BF and I haven't beat the Elite 4 XD

Ya...I tried Victory Road, but it sucks. Now I'm just trying to surf for some more trainers.

My lvl 19 Ralts SUCKS.

Kyle

Trainer & Breeder
    Years
    For me in saphire it was finding out how to get your starter LoL!! :dead: ,
    eventually I figured it out

But the hardest gym for me was the phsycic one, I don't now the names thoguh... :\

hikkichan

Great Peace Keeper
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2006
    Ralts: I can concur that Feebas is an evil thing to evolve. ^o^

I just restarted my game a while ago and I'm currently on the hunt for Feebas... again. Hunting for Feebas was probably the hardest part of my Sapphire game. -_-; But for me Norman and Flannery were really tricky... that stupid Slaking and her Torkoal drove me nuts. :\

Years
    I had lot of problems with Liza and Tate.I started of with Delcatty and Swampert with a Thunderbolt for Xatu and a Surf attack for Claydol.Claydol kept on using Earthquake and fainting my Pokemon.Somehow I managed to faint them.Next came Lunatone and Solrock.They kept on using Flamethrower+Phychic combo and fainting my Pokemon.Second time I tried to defeat them with Thunder+Surf+Crunch combo and I won.

Second thing,I had a little trouble with Wallace's Milotic.It kept on using Ice Beam on my Rayquaza and it ended up have 33/256 HP left when Milotic fainted.

Third Steven,his Metagross was a pain in the neck.I had to defeat him with Swampert when every one was knocked out! :shocked:

Back