• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was the hardest part of R/S/E when you started playing it?

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    the first time i tryed it it was beating poochyena in the begining ahh i think i lost over 6 times

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Well for Ruby and Sapphire I had trouble with Tate and Liza, in Emerald the toughest part for me was probably the Elite Four. I barely beat Wallace since I had Blaziken at the time.

deoxys2000

deoxys master
    Years
    well, for ruby and sapphire, since there was new pokemon i have never seen before, i get all excited and try to catch them all and i screw up my levels and stuff, and i started over and i beat it then and for emerald, ummmmm, i really had no much of problems except trying to get around the fire and phychic gyms XD, then i was shocked when it was Wallace as champ except steven, but since i had a lv. 70 rayquaza and a sceptile, i had no probs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm having trouble finding good pokemon to train x.x;

Right now I'm raising a Ralts and Heracross to dominate the E4...

Sithre

Dark Side Lateralus
    Years
    HMMmmm Ruby was pretty easy. But Emerald might prove to be a challenge...I already know im going to fill out all my pokedex sept Lunatone...and i'll never get cydaquil...*cries :disappoin *

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I have 36 hours on my game and I'm at tate&liza. What does that tell you

Clam

.:|Frozen DEaTH
    Years
    Not much that I could remember. I don't think I had any much difficulties that came across me in R/S not even finding Feebas, took me like a half hour to find one.
    The only real difficult thing was in Emerald. Liza and Tate where hard, I had to rebattle them 3 times until I won.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    I think I had trouble with Fortree gym because of pokemon. I can't really think of anything.

The Latios Master

Master of Latios
    Years
    The hardest part for me was actually Catching a Pelliper and an Absol. Thats pretty much it. I took out Groudon in one shot with My Sceptile and Rayquaza i caught with the Master ball. Luckily, i had a Groudon on Coloseum (traded form previous ruby game) so i traded that over and i had a Rayquaza on Colosseum so i have two of them, HAH!

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    Hrmz.. Well, in Emerald I found Brawly a bit of an annoyance since my only type match-up at the time was my Taillow. XD
    The rest of the Gym Leaders I mostly breezed through, though.

My friend actually had so much trouble gettin' to Rayquaza on the Mach Bike that I had to do it for him. XD

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    silverbullet2k4 said:
    My biggest problem was defeating Champion Wallace in Emerald without any legendaries and with Blaziken only level 49 and two other guys level 48. Milotic was a *****.
    That's because that Milotic is a Metagame standard XD. Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Recover.

Anyone notice that? A LOT of the Pokemon use the Metagame standards... combined with their near perfect EVs, natures, IVs, etc.... it makes them a pain to take out.

Anyways, the hardest thing for me is Phoebe of the Elite Four? Why? Because of that DARNED FIRST DUSCLOPS!! I don't know of ANYTHING else that can use Protect FOUR TIMES IN A ROW!! As for everything else... I'll never train Poochyena again... I hate that thing. You train FOREVER with it... and all it gets are +0 stat increases... maybe the rare +1 <_< Never a +2, not even in HP. So, all in all, Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire make it A LOT harder to train than in FR/LG where you can just catch a Spearow and pwn things with Peck and later Aerial Ace and finally Drill Peck.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    I USED Banette <_< The poor thing's Shadow Balls kept getting drained by Protect! By the end of the battle, I'd gone from 15 to 3!!

Years
    It took me a while to beat the Elite 4 in Emerald. My best Pok?mon were Sceptile lv. 55, Chimecho lv. 43, Gardevoir lv. 57, Shelgon lv.42, Medicham lv. 40, and Jirachi lv. 62.

Back