• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was your most OMGWTF moment in D/P/Pt

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
    I tried putting up Magikarp on HeartGold holding the Explosion TM so that i could give one out on my SoulSilver and trade it back later, since I had two games but only 1 DS. I made sure that no one would take the Magikarp by requesting Giratina.
    When it didn't work, I came back to HeartGold to see what happened.

Someone traded their Giratina for a Magikarp.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
    Accidentally Beating E4 & Cynthia On Platinum.I Won Up To Bertha.If I'm In It,I'm In It To Win It.I Used Heals Before Flint And Cynthia.I Was Going To KO Aaron Lose To Bertha Repeat.I Ended Up Getting In The Hall Of Fame.That Is Why Luxrays Are useful Against Milotics.

Next:

I Was Wifi Battling,My Dialga VS His Infernape.I Would Have Beat Him If My Friend Didn't Press Heal Block When I Wasn't Looking.Next Time He Tries That He'll End Up Picking Fire Blast. (Hehe)

And Finding Out PALKIA,A Water-Dragon Type Can Learn FIRE Blast.

Jamie88

4th Generation Newb :)
    Years
    I got my omgwtfhooray moment last night playing Diamond. Had just left Hearthome City, onto Route 209 and entered the first patch of grass you come to for some training and to check out if there were any items, first wild pokemon to appear was a lvl 16 Chansey!! I think I was kind of nervous and panicky 'cos I had it down to around half health and instead of clicking 'Bag' I accidentally selected 'Run'...started cussing myself out then thought hang on, there could be more..stayed in the same tile the first Chansey appeared in and just kept hitting 'up, down, left, right' on the d-pad and bingo! second Pokemon to appear was another lvl 16 Chansey, which I caught this time, albeit after using around 15 different pokeballs. Easily the hardest Pokemom I've had to catch in a long time lol What really got me when was I checked its summary.. 107 Health points and shes only lvl 16! Thats mental hehe

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    Getting a shiny Water-type Pokemon that did not come from an event (e.g. Red Gyarados).
    That Buizel really made me 'OMGWTF' while playing Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2010
    Stole a shiny Latios someone was trying to clone by trading them a lv. 100 Magikarp. (I loved that magikarp) so worth it :D

nohakman

Fear the Cadian Lucario!
    Years
    2 things. and both happen to involve Dialga and a Lucario...

1st, i used rock climb on dialga (lvl 47) with a lvl 50 Lucario and then caught the darn guy with a POKEBALL. regular. not ultra or anything. he only had 6hp left :P

2nd, i fought dialga (again lvl 47) with a lvl 37 female lucario (got her from riley too!). his first move was Roar of Time. knocked my poor girl down to 1hp (no focus sash). i had her use Drain Punch... and she knocked him out and regained almost all of her health

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    My Pokemon got infected with PokeRus just before my first gym battle.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I was just facing down Cyrus in the Distortion World. Everything's going along pretty normally, whatever his pokemon was went down without an issue. Lalala... Then he sends out Weavile. My only high-level Pokemon are Lucario and a Garchomp, by the way. The thing uses Ice Punch and faints Garchomp. Well that's to be expected, right? STAB and 4x weakness and all that. But then, it happens.

I send out Lucario, and the Weavile uses Ice Punch again.

It freezes.

I'm like, "Okay, odd but whatever". Fed my Ruka a Lava Cookie. And it uses Ice Punch again.

Freeze again.

Freaky, but it happens. Lava Cookie.

Freeze again.

Almost scary. But hey, Rule of Three, right? Lava Cookie...

Freeze again.

Okay, maybe I'll just... Let him thaw. That's the ticket. Let 'im thaw.

Three or four turns later, he hasn't defrosted, so, *sigh*, okay, Lava Cookie.

Freeze again.

W the F?

It ends eventually, but I was frozen directly after being defrosted no less than four times. Seriously, what happened. ><"

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
    I can still remember this...

It was around 1 am, I'm playing my Diamond and I'm going from HeartHome City to Floaroma...

...pass through the grass...

...wild pokemon battle...

...SHINY Psyduck. My first ever shiny in my...4? 5 years of playing?

I literally burst into my brother's room saying, "YEAH! A SHINY!"

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    1 battle away in the battle tower from facing the tower tycoon on the second time, tough battle, I have 1 pokemon they have 1 pokemon (gallade) about to be killed because I go first, WHAT'S THIS SURF MISSES AND I LOSE gREat DFDSFH9JUH jUST gRAEt.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    In a battle against my friend, I basically took the whole battle to set up 6 Dragon Dances on my Dragonite. He sends out Mewtwo. I chose Dragon Claw, but.. Mewtwo used a Quick Claw!

"Mewtwo used Ice Beam!"

WTF.

ritechus

Pokeemanz
    Years
    for me, catching mewtwo, suicune, and Ho-Oh all with just one dusk ball. my favorite ball for some reason haha. ive only EVER seen one shiny pokemon:Machop. That was in crystal im pretty sure and i had 3 pokeballs and couldnt catch him...wtf???

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    My first battle with Palmer.
    I took out his first Pokemon(Rhyperior) easily and thought I got this in a bag until he bring out his second Pokemon, Dragonite.
    All 3 of my Pokemon got wiped out by Palmer's Dragonite's Dragon Rush attack.
    I was like... "...What just happened...?"
    So yeah.

Back