• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would your goal in life be if pokemon existed?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • I would be a Pokémon Sommelier
    I think there would be three things I would like to do:
    > I would be well suited for Daycare work, helping people strengthen their Pokémon and raising others from eggs.
    > I would like to live in a city similar to Lilycove where I could attempt to become a contest master.
    > I would like to assist Professor Birch a researcher in studying the the ways wild Pokémon live. And perhaps catch them all as part of my work.

Last edited:

Folkedahl

Wizard
    Years
  • Ghost type Gym leader. But I wouldn't stay put. In my times of absence, I can put up my apprentices to be the stand in leaders. I would obviously have to claim all the badges possible. That's what, 32? I'd love to be able to discover a new move or technique, or something along those lines. And my gym would be based off of the horcrux cave from harry potter. And you would have to go very much out of your way to get to it, It's not gonna be one of those lame gyms where you can just waltz in. You gotta put effort in. I'd probably end up being a leader of some sort of Team Rocket organization, trying to take over the world.

Toa77

A Creative Writer
    Years
  • Let's see...I would travel, catch Pokemon, maybe challenge the Gyms, but I would mostly focus on the "catching" and "travel" part.

Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    I would have to say to become a Pokemon master! (wow this is overused) Anyway it looks like a ton of fun, and I would love to travel with friends to reach their goals along with mine!

Years
  • If they really existed I don't think I'd have much to do with them to be honest. I wouldn't want to be responsible for taking care of even one living thing other than myself (well, maybe one wouldn't be too difficult).

So I suppose if I did change in some pokemon-related way I'd just have one who'd just laze around the house with me like a cat or dog would. Nothing special.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • I would be a Pokémon Sommelier
    I think there would be three things I would like to do:
    > I would be well suited for Daycare work, helping people strengthen their Pokémon and raising others from eggs.
    > I would like to live in Lilycove and become a contest master.
    > I would like to assist Professor Birch a researcher in studying the the ways wild Pokémon live. And perhaps catch them all as part of my work.

Lilycove is a fictional city in the pokemon world, this is if they existed in our world, Professor Birch wouldn't exist either but the daycare thing sounds cool.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I would want to do the usual Trainer stuff at first, traveling, catching Pokemon and taking on gyms.

Most likely I'd end up as a researcher or a breeder instead.
    I love learning new things and figuring out puzzles and such, so research seems like the most natural way to go. :P

Years
  • Oh, I get to post one of my favorite comics!
    Spoiler:

Not that I'm trying to be offensive or anything, but many people who say they want to be trainer's probably really wouldn't be up to that challenge. Let's try to think realistically. These type of posts I make have always been ignored in the past, and I don't expect this to be any different.

• These are wild creatures, they aren't just going to listen to what you say as easy as it is in the games. Sure, Pokemon pick things up quicker than normal animals, but something as simple as teaching them a new "move" would be require a lot of patience, skill, and determination.
    • Think about how the farthest distance you've ever hiked. Do you really want to run around in the wilderness for hours or maybe even days?
    • Pokemon are very dangerous, you have to take extreme caution with them. Yeah, most are pretty docile when it comes to humans, but a mother Ursaring will have no trouble outrunning you and tearing your head off.
    • There would be bad guys out there with Pokemon, strong ones. What if you accidentally come across a fugitive with a Charizard?
    • Pokemon aren't the only dangerous thing, there's the environment too. What if you get injured, how will you get help out there? What if a wild Pikachu paralyzes you? There's the weather, bacteria, almost anything can end you out there. Throwing Pokemon into the mix just makes things worse.Traveling around like that is physically demanding, and you would have to keep track of many supplies necessary for your survival and your Pokemon. That's carrying around tons of supplies all day, your backpack is not a bottomless pit like it is in the games. You need food, camping supplies, medicine, etc. Do you want to carry all that around?
    • There are no bathrooms out there, you better bring some toilet paper.

Sorry if I ruined your fun. I'm just pointing out that being a Pokemon trainer in the real world would be incredibly difficult and dangerous. Personally, I definitely would try my best to be one of the trainers. I would have travel around with friends for safety.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Lilycove is a fictional city in the pokemon world, this is if they existed in our world, Professor Birch wouldn't exist either but the daycare thing sounds cool.
    Please note that I struck out Professor Birch for that reason before you attack my post. And I probably should have said something along the lines of "I would like to live in a city similar to Lilycove where I could become a contest master." I shall correct myself since you seem to be so offended by this.

Last edited:

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years

• Please note that I struck out Professor Birch for that reason before you attack my post. And I probably should have said something along the lines of "I would like to live in a city similar to Lilycove where I could become a contest master." I shall correct myself since you seem to be so offended by this.

Woah, I'm sorry if I came off bad I tried not to, I'm not offended I was just pointing this out I truly am sorry.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't have any notable goals if Pokemon existed, but the main one is to be the greatest Pokemon trainer of all time.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I'd like to be a Gym Leader at the same time a top coordinator. =P

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I'd trainer to be a coordinator. And if that doesn't work out I'd just be a normal person and have my Pokemon help me by cleaning, making food, and playing with me :D

And when I grow up I'd probably be a teacher and teacher students about the wonders of Pokemon and teach them how to take care of them properly and for "Recess" I'd let them play with my Pokemon. ANd possible have old Coordinator Friends come to visit the school and show my students there pokemon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • To work my way through the league and become the champion. Once I am in a position of power, I will let my true goals be known... to rule the world! And unlike the failed teams of the past, I will ensure that my grunts are equipped with Pokemon powerful enough to smite any 10-year-old would be hero.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • My goal would be opening a Pokemon Ranch and Zoo. Where people can see rare Pokemon and some times interact with them. But of coarse also battle with them against others. And sometimes go on a few days trip catching new Pokemon for my cause that would be cool. And of coarse I have to bond with the Pokemon I catch.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Get my favorite pokemon, get followers, train my pokes to legendary power, and then take over the world! Then, idk what ill do.

You know, the good always win only in games and anime etc. Thats why ill do this ^^.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • To train a team of eevees and a team of riolus and a team of rapidash and a team of... wait a minute... its probley becoming a champion and pokethon champion and a contest champion... all of these would be easier :D

Back