• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would your goal in life be if pokemon existed?

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
Years
  • What would you Do if Pokemon Became Real?

Just imagine that randomly, Pokemon just became real.

I would, run outside, and hang out with them. And I would attempt to catch one. I would like to have a Klink, a Woobat, a baltoy, a solois, a oshawott, and a unown.

What about you guys?

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • Back in 2000, I would have freaked out and when on a pokemon journey to catch them all.

Now it would depend on if everyone else was doing it or not. If it was a real niche thing it would be really lame to have a pokemon.

Years
  • Whatever I'm doing right now except I'd have maybe one Pokemon I'd treat as a pet. Maybe. Going on ADVENTURES and taking care of Pokemon is too tiresome and I don't have infinite stamina and cash like I do in my video games.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I have this thought once every few months! I remember praying and praying that Pokemon would become real when i was younger!

Kind of dumb question because of course everyone would be out on their journey! haha

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Oh, i'd SO take one to school! And battle some friends ( only after I made sure I was strong enough to win ^^") and then when i'd be done with school, i'd go out on my own pokemon journey! >:D sounds exciting!

PokemonGirl1

Ultimate Trader
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Guam
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    That would be awesome! I would go on a journey!
    If I could choose only 1 starter out of all the generations,I would pick Squirtle.
    I love me Blastoise! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I would just treat them like any other animal. I doubt battling pokemon would take of just like that overnight. With pokemon taking on realistic qualities (you know, from being real) it probably wouldn't be right to battle them for our personal amusement. They would get injured, feel pain, feel fear, etc on more realistic levels than in the games/anime. They would probably also die more often. I wouldn't support battling them because it wouldn't be all that different (nor less gruesome) than making dogs fight each other.

If pokemon were to retain that desire for battle (unlikely since it's not a very good survival instinct, most animals avoid fighting unless it's a last resort to minimise chance of injury or death) I'd become much more wary. It seems in reality the levels of evil and corruption in the world far surpass that of the pokemon world, and pokemon would make very useful weapons for evil people to use. In which case it may even become necessary to have your own pokemon, just for protection and not for personal amusement. You could still train it to protect you without murdering tons of wild pokemon, because this is the real world and there are more options than there are in the games.

In summary: If they don't retain the desire to fight - treat them with kindness like any other animal and don't force them to battle, that's just sick. If they do retain the desire to fight - keep one or two for protection, as the world just became a bit more dangerous.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • If Pokemon became real..I would freak out for a while till I got use to them.
    Then I would probably go find some Pokemon myself, but how would I catch them without a Pokeball? anyway, I'd most likely start my very own Pokemon journey with the Pokemon I catch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    If Pokemon were real I would become a Pokemon Breeder so that I could get easy money from breeding starters.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Like I said before, I'd like to be a Pokemon Coordinator as well as a breeder. Isn't that fun?

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I would go to wherever Jirachi Wish Maker took place, catch Jirachi and wish to be the only person able to control Pokemon. Then I could get a Pikachu, and use it for various reasons*.

*Electrocuting teachers and classmates

Ayselipera

Just imagine that randomly, Pokemon just became real.

I would, run outside, and hang out with them. And I would attempt to catch one. I would like to have a Klink, a Woobat, a baltoy, a solois, a oshawott, and a unown.

What about you guys?

Mering your thread with this one since the question is very similar and the responses are nearly the same as in this thread. Plus you already have a few responses so might as well~ Next time please check to see if similar thread topics are active, thanks!

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
  • I would be one of the most elite Firepoke Trainers...well it would be my hobby/passion.

Dont know if I want to set up a gym or aim to be one of the Elite 4 though, too much managing and paperwork.

Best Firepoke trainer on my block would by a good preliminary goal.

Gilgαmesh

I would attempt to be part of whoever the Elite four is at the time. If there is no Elite four, then I'l just become the Champion because I like to feel important. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    Own all the PokeMarts, Pokemon Centers, and the department store. Set up corporate headquarters in Celadon City.

Make friends with Celebi.

Last edited:
    Years
  • catch a load of pokemon and train them up to high levels, then take on every single gym and league and then go exploring around the pokemon world...and look for legendaries

Nameless.

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

Uhhhh. Honestly? I'm gonna be really stereotypical and say that I want to be a Pokemon master. Explore everywhere I possibly can, catch all the Pokemon I possibly can and train them all. :3

I may even try contests as well! They look extremely fun in the anime, and I think it would be amazing to do.
    Oh and to shiny hunt. Doing that in real life would be AWESOMEEEEE. <333

Back