• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What year did u get into pokemon?

pokefangunner

PokeGleek
    Years
    What year did you all get into pokemon? and why do u like it?

i got into it in 1998 and i like it because i think it is the best thing ever created and the only thing good that ever comes on TV anymore i hate shows like hannah montanna, ewww lol pokemon is the best!! well anyway answer the questions above please id love to here all ur replys :)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I got into pokemon when red&blue were out, which was around when i was like 4-6 I dont remember :D

reyzn

Years
    I got into it in elementary school when trading cards got really popular (about grade 4 so age 8-9). I played pokemon blue and silver, but stopped for whatever reason until Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    When the TCG and anime hit... that's when it became commonplace in elementary school hehe

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I think in like... 1999 so I was like 4. I was obsessed with the anime, and then I played my first pokemon game in... 2002/3 (Silver). I like the games because theres always things to do (explore the region, see new pokemon, battle and train, etc, etc, etc). I guess I like the anime because.. its different. and sweet

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    '98 y'all, got Blue with a gift card and I had NO idea what it was. Just thought it looked cool. I was the first kid in my third grade class to start playing it. Thats whats up.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Ever since I played my first game, which was Gold I loved pokemon and was hooked on it from then on. I think I was about 7-9 Years old. I collect the cards and games! I just really enjoy playing pokemon because the possibilities are endless and exciting!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    early 2000 i guess....when i started watching the anime...and then the TCG...i got in the games a bit late..my first being emerald and then played every single one of them..

Back