• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What year did u get into pokemon?

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    Between 97' and 98' when I went on a family holiday and seen Pokemon Red at a market stall. I was fascinated with Dragons and wanted a new game and I though Charizard looked like a dragon. So I bought the game, became hooked, and spent the rest of my holiday playing it lol.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    i started playing in the fall of 1996, because i saw everyone during lunch recreation battling and trading with each other with their old fat gameboys lol. It was like, omgosh what guy is that? they were all *its my CHARIZARD he's the BEST* and the other kids are all*NOO BLASTOISE is the BEST!* i always liked bulbasaur though, nobody picked him so i did =)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    October of 1998 to be exact. My dad got the Red version for my younger brother for his birthday that year, and I naturally got into it myself. I was 11 at the time, and my brother was turning 9. We're both in our early twenties now and we're still obsessed enough to each have a preorder for HeartGold or SoulSilver. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    October of 1998 to be exact. My dad got the Red version for my younger brother for his birthday that year, and I naturally got into it myself. I was 11 at the time, and my brother was turning 9. We're both in our early twenties now and we're still obsessed enough to each have a preorder for HeartGold or SoulSilver. XD

Isn't it great though? I remember being 10 and thinking about this with my best friend. "Do you think we'll still be playing this when we're 20?" The answer, for both of us, is a resounding yes.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I started liking it in 1999 but I only liked the anime because I wasn't really into games at that time. I lost interest in Pokemon in 2002 but I seemed to like it again in 2005 and now I like the Pokemon games a lot more than the anime.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    1998 when my older cousins were obsessed with it. Now they're out of it, but I still am going strong. :]

Years
    Haha that sounds pretty awesome. I actually got into pokemon around the same time too. First got into the pokemon cards when I was around 10 then bought a Gameboy colour with Pokemon Blue. I'm 20 now and I've already preordered my copy of Soul Silver. :3

Years
    Not certain the year, but I believe I was more into the card game before the video game. I would say like most people here 98-99ish. Maybe sooner....

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2012
    Probably around 97-98, with the anime and Pokemon Blue. Logged over a hundred hours of my young life into Pokemon Blue, ended up knowing every inch of the maps off by heart.

Those were the days.

Back