• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What year did u get into pokemon?

Ayselipera

1999 when I first saw the anime. It was all downhill from there. :o

Years
    I dont remember I was very young, got red version but I was too young to beat it or even get to the pokemon league since I was born 1992 and got it the year it came out. Gold however was the first actual one I was able to play properly, It's my favorite one, I re-played it so many times, I actually re-started it today and started playing :P
    I like pokemon because I like the whole idea of finding creatures and them evolving and having types and learning new attacks the higher level they become.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I remember clearly ...

It was December 2000 . My bro' had a few months . It was almost Christmas Break . We were all sitting down on a carpet in our classroom , looking in the screen of a BameBoyColor playing Pokemon Gold . Since then , I swore I'll somehow get the games ...

That only happened in 2003 with Saphire . But I remembere that big cartridge , how our colleague gently pressed the A button , the wild Hoothoots (it was night ...) . One magic moment ... :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    1998. I forced myself because I felt like a loser since I was the only one that didn't know anything about it. And look at me now. Modding it and still playing to this day. :'D

The Red Chain

I'm so glad I saw that Dairy Queen commercial once upon a time or I probably would have never gotten into it. ;~;

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    1999, everybody was playing ot so I decided to give it a go, and I liked it. Everything went downhill from there XD

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    It was after the anime aired in America, so sometime after September 1998 when a bunch of kids were showing their cards off during recess. A friend gave me an Abra card when I asked her what was going on, and I still have it. Sometime later, I went home and asked my dad if I could go to the video store to rent a copy of the first Pokemon video one day. I recorded that video, and every episode of the anime since then (until the end of the Johto season). How nostalgic.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hmm it was around 1999 for me during the Pokemon boom.

Everyone at my school collected stickers/cards so it was kinda like "ooo ill give this a go" and i loved it. Then i got Pokemon Yellow and i got addicted to them and was until Ruby which put me off for like 2 years and then i came back because i was bored and now i love it again. XD

Years
    I think in the year of 1999 or 2000. BTW my first card was when my Grandma found a card that belonged to my brother and she gave it to me. It was Swinub. That time I was addicted lol. And I still am, but i dislike the New TV Series. The 1st and 2nd Seasons a keeper. I watched every episode atleast once or twice. Oh and nI have the biggest Pokemon Card collection ever, probably. Well, most likely.

1998. I forced myself because I felt like a loser since I was the only one that didn't know anything about it. And look at me now. Modding it and still playing to this day. :'D
    lol yea good for you
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    1998, I read an article on it a few months before it came out, and mistook it to be a zoo sim. Got it, tried it out, and liked it. Been playing ever since.

You just reminded me...when I first saw an ad for the games (before my aforementioned story), I thought the Pokemon games were gonna be some sort of platformer-action game. XD

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    1996 or 1997, I forget. But it was around the time RB came out and we were graced with the absoulte best sprite ever.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:

What year did u get into pokemon?

Man thats a great sprite.

Back