• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the least popular Pokemon

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Maractus?

I didn't even know it existed until it appeared whilst playing Pokemon Link. I was there thinking "they're introducing new Pokemon on this? Surely not!"... I checked the Internet and lo behold...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Not many people talk of Clamperl and Chinchou.
    Heatmor is never heard of.
    Who's Venomoth? Some kind of Pokémon?
    Maybe even Shuppet and Sudowoodo.

Pokémon that are absolutely mediocre in everything and don't have any speciality or extra coverage, be it awesome stats, important Pokémon or Ash's best friend, falls into this category. The only problem is the less popular is closely related to the easily forgettable, and thus you tend to forget those who are not shown the spotlight.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I think it's something like Quilfish, Stantler, Mothim, Basculin, or Delibird.

What about Maractus? Did you even know that that was a thing? I'm also on the boat for Klinklang.

I think it's actually Maractus.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Not many people talk of Clamperl and Chinchou.

Speaking of Clamperl, if I posted a picture of Huntail and Gorebyss and asked people to match the correct name to the correct picture, how many people would get it right? Bonus points if you can describe the differences in their stats and playstyle. XD

Also, as far as legendaries go, I overlook Heatran and Cresselia every once in a while. :/

Years
  • Glad to see I wasn't mentioned.

I Don't see much of sunflora, stantler, and finneon.

Don't see why Smeargle would be least popular, to be honest. It's the only Pokemon in the game that can learn all moves. (via Sketch)

That being said, Ducklett and Swanna, anybody? Haven't even been mentioned in here in a sea of "forgettable" Pokemon.

DoktorGilda

I will steal your lunch money
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    I hate to say it, but it always seems like Johto Pokemon are the ones forgotten about the most, as evidenced by those that have said Delibird, Girafarig, Qwilfish, Slugma/Magcargo, Corsola, Stantler, Dunsparce, Remoraid and Sunflora. I might even throw Smoochum in there as well. I always remember that Magmar and Electabuzz had prevolutions added in Johto, but Smoochum always throws me off guard when I see it.
    I thought I was the only one! Johto Pokemon always seem to throw me off.

I tend to forget that Corsola and Mantine exist.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Mantyke and Mantine. I love manta rays, they're my favorite fish. So I guess it hurts me a little to see that these two Pokemon are always forgotten and all. They deserve more love. :(

And I think the "cutesy-type legendaries" of older generations are dying out. I remember a few years back, Jirachi, Shaymin, Mew and Celebi were considered the big four cuties or something, haha. Nowadays, I only see Mew get all the attention. Or I'm probably not looking at the right places. :P

Curtis542

Fire Trainer
    Years
  • Finneon/Lumineon, Sunkern/Sunflora, Corsola, Chinchou/Lanturn, Lileep/Cradily, Volbeat, Illumise, Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff, Natu/Xatu... just to name a few.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    I really dislike delphox because it looks like the pokemon is wearing some sort of a dress

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I know I've said it before, and it's been mentioned even here, but like everyone in Johto. Pineco, you still a legit Pokémon, man? I wouldn't have known it considering how much everyone brings you up. Or doesn't.

And THAT generation was gonna be the last one at some point. No thanks. Though to be fair if the series didn't just die off into obscurity, we probably would've gotten used to remembering even the likes of Sunkern. 251 is still easier to remember than 700 something.

Personally, speaking, though, what with my ignorance towards generations IV and V, I find what I haven't seen in my Pokémon Y dex forgettable, moreso generation IV. I'm missing a whole block of Pokémon, like a distinguishable gap in the National Dex's IVth gen section, and I can't for the life of me recall who any of them were, despite having seen them (and being unimpressed by them) when they were new. At least Generation V stands out.

So for me, Gen II and IV are equal on the scale of "who are you again?"

JestermanX

Doesn't Know Nothin'
    Years
  • Pokémon from Sinnoh in general are pretty unmemorable. Finneon/Lumineon, Probopass, Mothim, Mantyke, the list goes on.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Gonna have to go with Dunsparce for this. I didn't even know it was a pokemon until gen 5 when I bought an Action Replay and filled my pokedex so I knew where everything was.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I like how this thread has diverged into two separate conversations...one about obscure and easily forgotten pokémon, and one about people raging about pokémon they just don't like (literally unpopular pokémon). XD

Back