• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your addiction?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Most of us have them at least a little bit. That little thing that keeps popping up at the back of your mind when it's got no reason to be there. The thing that you'll jump at the first chance to get a hold of, or at least have trouble saying no to. It doesn't strictly have to be a substance; it could be anything like video games, the internet (I imagine a lot of us are guilty here), a certain type of food, whatever.

If you really don't feel like you've got any sort of addiction right now, have you had one previously? Did it ever get to the point of you needing to cut it out because it was getting in the way? Share your experiences.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Video games, more so collecting than playing. I'll end up buying a ton of games, but I never have the time to play like I want. :( I mean, I always end up getting around to them, but I feel bad not being able to give them immediate attention since I spent money on it. Sometimes I'll play games and ignore school. I'm not as bad about that as I used to be, but still.

I'd love to be playing Chrono Trigger right now, come to think of it. Hehehehe.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Literal addiction: caffeine.

Metaphorical addiction: I struggle really badly with people offering me food, especially sweet food. Part of it is just that I love food, and the other part is my stingy upbringing telling me to get the most bang for my buck and overeat when I can do it for free.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Smokes. Kinda. Can go for weeks without em but they'll get the better of me in the end.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Most of us have them at least a little bit. That little thing that keeps popping up at the back of your mind when it's got no reason to be there. The thing that you'll jump at the first chance to get a hold of, or at least have trouble saying no to. It doesn't strictly have to be a substance; it could be anything like video games, the internet (I imagine a lot of us are guilty here), a certain type of food, whatever.

If you really don't feel like you've got any sort of addiction right now, have you had one previously? Did it ever get to the point of you needing to cut it out because it was getting in the way? Share your experiences.

gee whiz I do wonder what your MO for this topic is.

my current addiction is money. #sodeep

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    Pokemon, Gatorade, Flaming hot Cheetos, Basketball/Football/Baseball. These are a dang drug to me. Can't never get enough of them.

Years
    I'd love to be playing Chrono Trigger right now, come to think of it. Hehehehe.
    Really one of my favorite game ever !

He was not release in my country (except some years ago, on the Nintendo DS portage), so I had to play it in the US version with an adaptator and after that, finally got a French version by the power of cartmod (Fan translation + eprom put in a SNES Cartridge + Box and manual made like européen Snes games was).

Really love Chrono Cross Too !

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Very simple for me to answer. My addictions are the playing of video games, drinking sodas, & pretzels, especially soft ones.

With the way my life's going, I'm surprised this list isn't bigger...

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I have a tendency to obsess over small things to the point where I go in circles and can't think straight. Nothing in particular, it just pops up when it pops up. I wouldn't really say I'm "addicted" to anything though. Maybe addicted to checking things but that's more OCD than anything.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Currently probably caffeine. I crave coffee at some point everyday. Honestly I think I'm addicted to cardio too. Everyday when I wake up I get this urge to put in my headphones and workout. It helps me relieve a lot of stress and I find myself looking forward to it or getting antsy if I can't.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Metaphorical addiction: I struggle really badly with people offering me food, especially sweet food. Part of it is just that I love food, and the other part is my stingy upbringing telling me to get the most bang for my buck and overeat when I can do it for free.

I have that a bit too haha.. not with people offering me food though.. but I am addicted to food-especially sweet food.. but I think it's because I've kept quite a restrictive diet for a long while, so when a special event comes along I find myself binging which is totally not healthy but I'm working to change it.
    I think about food a lot and even about creating food.

Also I tend to be addicted to overthinking things.. or trying to figure everything out in a sense.. I just tend to think about trying to plan or solve or worry and.. yeah.. it's an addiction I'm trying to change too.
    I have a tendency to obsess over small things to the point where I go in circles and can't think straight. Nothing in particular, it just pops up when it pops up.
    Basically this.. but I know it relates to my GAD.

Dunno what else. Other stuff changes from time to time and I don't consider it an addiction. Like right now I'm "addicted" to laughable reality tv shows and marathoning some recently, but I know that'll pass in about a month and I'll find something else to take up my time (like books, drawing, or sewing.. etc.)

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    Chewing tobacco, coffee/soda, and hockey. I'm surprised that I don't have the teeth of a hockey player yet.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Currently probably caffeine. I crave coffee at some point everyday. Honestly I think I'm addicted to cardio too. Everyday when I wake up I get this urge to put in my headphones and workout. It helps me relieve a lot of stress and I find myself looking forward to it or getting antsy if I can't.

Can you give me like half of your working out motivation, because working out for me just makes me want to cry

Sirfetch’d

I'm addicted to video gaming a bit. It's not as bad as it used to be but still interferes with my life sometimes :( I used to let it stop me from doing schoolwork and my grades suffer

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Can you give me like half of your working out motivation, because working out for me just makes me want to cry

Trust me I need every ounce of motivation to myself lol. It slowly built up in me the more I did it, so maybe if you keep to it and play music you really enjoy you can get a little addiction going.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Procrastination. I have a real problem with not doing things I should be, and all the commitments that come with them. It's my worst quality, and something I really must work on.

Years
    Soda :/ I drink too much of the stuff and I know its super bad for my health but I just can't seem to kick the habit.

Yukari

The only literal addiction I can think of is the Internet. If we mean Metaphorical addictions then Video Games are at the top of my list. But I'm not literally addicted to video games.

Part of it is just that I love food.

But who doesn't love food?

Back