• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your addiction?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Generally nothing, but sometimes I can get seriously addicted to games. It doesn't last more than a week or so at the most, but I mean it's so bad I can't even work. I have to like force myself to play the game 24/7 until I get sick of it so I can go back to work. lol

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I have fluctuating addictions. My brain isn't really equipped to fixate on one thing for a long period of time. Often, I'm constantly shifting from one obsession to the next over the course of several weeks. It's because I have a tendency to get bored easily of repetition. Very very easily. Pokemon is a great example of this, because I've been getting disinterested and re-interested in it over the years.

One thing I suppose I'm kind of consistently addicted to is checking the internet. Even though I don't really have any friends I communicate with anymore, and am not interested in most of the forums I post in excessively. I think it's a remnant of my past where I was once an internet social butterfly. And the other part is that I hope somebody talks to me and becomes my friend instantly or says something nice to me. But I always get disappointed, so this has been dying down lately.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Freaking pizza. And checking the internet. And while binge-watching something, all of my free time is utterly compromised until I run out of episodes and am "freed" from it. Also, if something or someone is in the front of my mind I almost can't not insert it/them into general conversation regardless of relevance. I have almost a talent for connecting things to an obsession if I have one at the time. This is less of a thing now, but in the past, hooo boy!

I have fluctuating addictions. My brain isn't really equipped to fixate on one thing for a long period of time. Often, I'm constantly shifting from one obsession to the next over the course of several weeks. It's because I have a tendency to get bored easily of repetition. Very very easily. Pokemon is a great example of this, because I've been getting disinterested and re-interested in it over the years.

This is exactly how I am with games, and only play one at a time, switching every few weeks/months or so. I play 'em really really hard and burn myself out, then onto the next one.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    Cake.
    Cake has always been my addiction and always will be

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    I have two three.

- PokeCommunity
    - Cigarettes
    - Sleeping, which I don't get to do much of anymore aside from on the weekends. But who wants to sleep the whole weekend away?​

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Music. I have my playlists, radio stations and albums playing all day, whether if I'm breeding/hunting for shinies, browsing the web, reading books or doing homework.

Reddit is also pretty dang addicting, always refreshing /r/all or my favorite subreddit's "new" tab.

And water. I swear I refill my canteen every 15 minutes.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
    One thing I suppose I'm kind of consistently addicted to is checking the internet. Even though I don't really have any friends I communicate with anymore, and am not interested in most of the forums I post in excessively. I think it's a remnant of my past where I was once an internet social butterfly. And the other part is that I hope somebody talks to me and becomes my friend instantly or says something nice to me. But I always get disappointed, so this has been dying down lately.

This is definitely me in a nutshell. I find myself going back to old internet forums that I used to be extremely active in when I was like 10 to hopefully "relive" the good times, which doesn't really happen.

I'm really addicted to Reddit. I'm constantly checking r/hockey and other subreddits all the time to find out something new. It's kind of a problem, but I'm actually pretty impressed that I've been able to actually be continuously active on a website nowadays. On most I tend to join for a couple days and just vanish. I can only think of one forum that I've been consistently active in for a few years.

I'm also pretty addicted to GM Mode in the NHL games. I find myself consistently making new ones for no real reason. It's damn fun, but eats up a lot of time and can get kind of repetitive if you're not having fun with it.

I also tend to get addicted to random shows for weeks at a time and I'll rewatch tons of episodes. I'm not really sure why.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    I don't have any addictions right now, but I did have one moment where root beer was one thing I cannot stop getting hold of. It was all becuase of that trip to Ayers Rock. I finally got out of it in September.

Nakala Pri

TV. If we pause comedy for five seconds then I die inside. xD As soon as it turns into comedy time I jump at the opportunity to put something on the telly. :D

When we take long breaks between comedy I get in a really bad mood, lmao.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Addictions, uhh, list.

1. D&D - The love of my life ever since the day I first started playing.

2. Magic The Gathering - A new addiction, I have spent well over $100 in cards these past two months. I have an affinity for TCGs, I used to spend thousands on Yu-Gi-Oh until I realized it wasn't profitable, then I spent a couple hundred on Pokemon until I realized it wasn't profitable, and now I collect MTG because it actually is profitable.

3. Music - I have to listen to music whenever I go to sleep, I have to listen to at least 2 full albums each day, and I just can't sleep unless I listen to a certain amount of music in general each day.

4. Internet - A given, I spend most of my time on the internet, pretty much if I'm not doing 1,2,3, or working I'm on the internet.

Years
    My only addiction is the internet right now. I quit smoking three months ago, so I'm left with this one only.

Back