• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your addiction?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The only literal addiction I can think of is the Internet. If we mean Metaphorical addictions then Video Games are at the top of my list. But I'm not literally addicted to video games.

But who doesn't love food?

Yeah, everyone says they do, but I've never met another person with my commitment to it. Everyone has some list of 5+ things they won't eat or specific ethnicities of food they just "don't like" or won't eat food that's "cheap" or on and on and on. As someone who eats virtually everything (and literally everything put in front of me), I'm often on the receiving end of the "You're eating the prepackaged salad? That's nasty!!" or "God I could never eat tuna in a warm dish" or any other list of limitations that people put on their consumption of food even if they claim to love it.

Clearly I have strong feelings on the subject of food. That's not even the half of it but not relevant to this conversation here, haha.

Years
    I'm addicted to PokeCommunity. :v

This.

Also, I am heavily addicted to Tumblr. Not kidding at all, because I just love the hilarious antics that I sometimes notice as well wanting to get some really hot pics and adorable fanart. Also a place for my occasional rants no doubt, and a great way to see what fangirl phases I am going through.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Two letters; three instances.

PC

Love PokeCommunity so much and is always glued to the computer. Also my fave food starts with PC so lol :3

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Pokemon, Loki/Tom Hiddleston and writing. I can play pokemon nearly every single day of my life. Same goes for writing. I also noticed I have a huge obsession for Loki/Tom Hiddleston as well (lol obviously, right? :P). I can't think of any other addictions I have, but I prefer the term obsessions for myself. XD

Years
    Videogames and Coffee....Coffee does well to keep me motivated the day after working and playing too many video games...there are only so many hours a day.

Games: Pokemon, Digimon, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario/Mario RPG, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and SMT/Persona. And Nintendo in general.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I forgot to mention that I almost always order bacon cheese fries or nachos everywhere I go. If they're on the menu, I'm likely going to get them. There is nothing that can deter me from them.

I also have a problem with Dr. Pepper. I constantly want it. lol

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Right now, it's probably League of Legends.

When I moved out and experienced fast internet that could run video games, LoL went from something I occasionally did at a friend's house, to something I could do all the time. The first week was pretty much non-stop LoL. The only time I checked PC was when I was waiting for a game to start. I almost called in sick to work one day because it was all I wanted to do. It was pretty bad.

Now, it's a lot quieter, and I mostly play it just to relax after a day of work. Still, I don't like going a day without playing it, haha.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    My music studio and marijuana. If I'm not at work, surfing the net, or playing video games (or whatever it may be) I'm in my studio either doing my thing or mixing/mastering either me or someone elses music and getting blazed doing it. The only time I'm not high is when I'm at work, so yes I'm high right now. Not really an 'harmful' addiction since I do bake edibles (got a little less than half cake with an o in the fridge) alot but it's still an addiction that's somewhat harmful to my health if I smoke it. Then of course there's my phone with Pokemon on it. Once I start playing Fire Red or Emerald I wont put it down for about 4 hours.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Mental addiction: internet
    Physical addiction: coffee

The surge I feel in my chest from just a sip of coffee is so addicting to me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    A few things I'm addicted to:

Texting: I find myself texting 3-5 people every day and sending 500 texts almost daily. Not lying. I'm texting someone right at this very moment, and he won't sleep. And he's doing a morning shift tomorrow lmao. I have unlimited text, btw!

Gummi Bears, Gummi Worms, Gummi Everything: If a candy has "gummi" in it, I will buy three pounds of it and hoard it in my room. I freaking love gummies. <3

Coffee, or caffeine in general: My life will not go on if I do not take my caffeine. It's like my body is a car in dire need of gasoline.

The internet: I like to forum-hop a lot, mostly finding myself on PC. I also like to find random things on Reddit and Tumblr to entertain myself.

Years
    Power.

I generally say no to this addiction without problems, but when I have a manic episode I lose my self-control and screw people over in various ways left and right. This is why medication management for my bipolar is SO important. I don't have the luxury of being able to trust myself when I'm manic - you can't when you have an inherent addiction to having power and control. I am afraid that if I have another manic episode, I will come down from it to find myself in prison.

I'm also apparently an alcoholic, marijuana, and psychedelic drug addict. Though for how addicted I supposedly am to these substances according to a couple of ******* therapists/psychiatrists, quitting all three was completely painless and has left me with zero cravings for more. Once again, I only binge on this stuff when I'm having a manic episode. I think this addiction only exists when I'm having bipolar problems. Though I will admit I was legit self-medicating my bipolar depression with LSD and weed. It's not MY fault they work better than antidepressants at curbing depression.

Last edited:
    PC. :DDDDD

But yeah really besides that I am addicted to these butter cookies that mom occasionally buys from Costco. They're so delicious and once you have one it's hard to stop. But I'm also very paranoid about calories/sugar/fat and the like. Wish I remembered the name but I specifically told her not to buy any today or I might not be able to resist. <_<;

Bourboner

Pronounced "Bourbon-er".
    Years
    Retro Games. It's weird because I'm 13 and should be playing games on Xbox 360, but I just can't resist playing my gb pocket, N64 and Playstation 1. MGS for the wiiiiin!!!!!!

Back