• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's your Favorite New Addition to Pokemon Heartgold?

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I love the new graphics! Also, the new Pokemon are wonderful, Gamefreak did a great job on the remake.

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I like having the pokemon walk behind you as you walk in the game.

Years
  • I love seeing my cute pokemon walk behind me, but it's not very realistic to see a sprite version of Gyarados knowing he's supposed to be much taller lol. I also like how they can dance on the theater stage at Ecruteak. So cute. The pokewalker is cool too. It makes me want to actually walk around and not be lazy.

Sonikku17

Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    I'm a fan of the Walker, me and my friends sync them up every day.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Definitely the Pokemon walking behind us, but would love it more if it would let us choose which Pokemon to have out, rather than having the one at the top of list; Pikachu style you know?

And I like the graphics; love how much more emphasis on 3D they have. Wonder what Gen V will be like.

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
  • i like the pokemon following you. i also really like the pokewalker. what i love the best is the new breeding system that involves the power series of EV gaining items helping IVs be passed down to baby pokemon

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • The GB Player.

I could care less about the following feature; the Safari Zone was good in concept, but poor in execution; the Battle Frontier can't be considered a new addition since it was introduced in Platinum; and the rest of the new features aren't really memorable.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Auto-run feature O_O I never turn it off
    of course pokemon a'followin' me
    the legendary pokemon cut-scene before battle
    and probably a lot more that i can't think of right now
    hg/ss are my favorite pokemon games out of the series <3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Don't bump threads that are over a month old, please...

I'll leave this open anyways though seeing it has a number of replies today though. As for me... not sure tbh - pokethlon, pokemon-following-you, overworld sound effects, GB Sounds... hard for me to separate them. XD

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • I enjoy having to get all sixteen badges just to use HM Rock Climb. Makes it nice to have a reason to visit locations I may not have wanted to originally return to in the first place.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I think probably the whole pokemon following me
    but the rebattling gyms and stuff and legends if you killed them is pretty cool

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Just the improved graphics. I hardly paid attention to the Pokemon following me, my copy of Soul Silver came without a Pokewalker (and I'm so lazy it probably wouldn't have seen much use anyway), and I never bothered with the Safari Zone or Pokeathlon. Battle Frontier, as has been mentioned already, is just a rehash of Platinum's so I never felt the need to play through it over again.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2010
    I have to agree with you about the graphics and new pokemon. I love having Froslass in this game <3. I also like the Pokewalker and Pokelathon!!

Back