• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats Your Favorite nostalgic moment from this game?

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
    My most nostalgic moments are:
    Getting the PokeGear
    Meeting your rival for the first time
    Encountering Raikou, Entei and Suicune in the Burned Tower
    Curing Amphy with the Secretpotion
    Defeating Lance
    Repairing the Power Plant's generator
    And...
    Defeating Red.
    These are just so memorable to me. Ah... nostalgia...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Totally. But then again, it is the biggest city in Pokemon.

Objection: Castelia City in Unova is bigger.

Anyways, my nostalgic moment is listening to the Johto music.
    Although I haven't played GSC before, I think that the Johto
    music is awesome. Probably the best in all PKMN games. (Besides B/W music)

This:

Listen to it and say you don't get shivers down your spine.

That music track was awesome! HG/SS did a good job
    in "updating" the track!

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Oddly enough, it would have to be hitting Pallet Town. I never played GSC, so my nostalgia was for Blue (and to a lesser extent, FireRed).

Also, vs Lance. Most def. The amazing music just made it better. That is an EPIC track (they use it for Red too, iirc?)

Objection: Castelia City in Unova is bigger.
    Objection: Pretty sure Nimbasa is bigger still (demographically)

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    I really enjoyed two parts significantly, the kimono girl battle to get the surf HM in Ecruteak, and fighting Chuck's poliwhirl. That poliwhirl beat me so many times in my original game, back when I didn't know it was a good idea to train more than just your starter. So Cyndaquil didn't quite cut it. This time around I gloated heavily when I destroy him with my gloom. XD

Years
    The most nostalgic part was probably the Rocket Grunt from another country who stole the part from the Power Plant. I don't know why, but that guy's always just been a massive source of Gold and Silver nostalgia for me.

Eliterazor

Legendary Master
    Years
    Actually, the most nostalgic moment would be getting Zap Cannon from the power plant after that foreign Team Rocket grunt stole one of the gears, it was pure epicness.

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Challenging Lance--they only thing between me and certain death-by-dragons in Gold was my wall of an Umbreon. This time everyone was more evenly levelled, but it was still tough going.

I suspect I'll have a similar reaction when I finally get about to facing off with Red...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The most nostalgic moment for me are the Pokemon, and, like the second poster, the underground part of Goldenrod with Team Rocket and getting through the maze.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Sprout Tower is one of my most hated place in dojo since I first played gold. Those monks are so annoying!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Stepping off onto the Vermillion City Jetty in Kanto. It revived so many moments from Red and Blue. <3 The Vermillion City music made me shed tears too XD.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Going back to Pallet Town..It was like I was a little kid again, first turning on my Yellow version..With color though XD. I was only crying though because I had something in my eye! But the next time I saw mah grandmother, I gave her a hug..She was the one who bought me Yellow version- My first Poke game <3.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
    Taking my first step into Kanto and having the one guy asking "Hey do you know what you just did? You just took your first steps into Kanto! Check your Pokegear map and see"(or something like that). Seeing 2nd gen's version of Kanto again was probably one of the most nostalgic moments of my life to tell the truth.

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
    Probably those magical first few hours of your journey, the music of lavender town, sprout tower and the first time day turned to night, everything about those games just seems magical to me.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    There was a few points for me, the part where the man tell's you about your first step into Kanto, or the basement tricks during the Goldenrod events. :P Too many to list but the two mentioned are the biggest.

Back