• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your favorite type

whats your favorite type

• Total voters

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • There have probably been a lot of these but I couldn't find them so I made this one so... whats your favorite type and why
    Mine is Ice the ability to freeze your opponent solid and keep hitting them while they just set in an ice cube and watch :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Poison types because they are so diverse, and represent something deadly. I love it. You get Pokemon like Roserade, and then you get Ariados or Weezing... just astounding.

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
  • Psychic types for me. They used to be OP in 1st Gen, for one thing. In addition they are typically more mysterious than Dark and Ghost types IHMO, but more accessible than Dragon types. Finally most of them are quite strong, at least in the Special ATK/DEF stats (not to mention the fact one can totally pimp out their Kadabras/Alakazams with all sorts of moves).

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I picked Dragon type. I want to have an EV trained version of each available one eventually. My favourite is Gible because I think it's cute (my friends think I'm weird for this. Lol.) The reason I like Dragon types isn't really anything to do with the game mechanics, I just happen to love dragons a lot.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Water because they have some really cool pokemon and can learn pretty much defeat all types of pokemon (if taught the right moves).

My favorites would be Piplup/Empoleon, Swampert, Wailord, Kyogre, Lapras, Blastoise, Mantyne, and Lanturn.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My favourite types are dragons because of their exclusivity, their great designs and the fact that I'm interested in dragons as a whole.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Electric! A lot of them are way fast, and they can paralyze easily. Fear them!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Poison-types because of how dark and sinister most of them look. I also find poison-inducing attacks to be quite smexy and fun to use in battle. :D

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Dragons are cool and most of them can learn Ice attacks makes them all right in my book :)
    Poison has to be my second favorite though

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Steel types.

They have such amazing defense.
    ...I love defense.

Years
  • I like the Psychic type...many of my favourite Pokémon through the series have been the Psychic type (Mewtwo, Mew, Alakazam, Gardevoir...) and it's one of the most powerful types out there in my opinion, besides its rather fatal weakness to Dark :P

ComedyQuest

Noob Hacker
    Years
  • I choose fire for a number of reasons.

1.) The starters. I mean look at their evolutions: Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape.
    2.) Other pokes in general, such as Magmortar, Arcanine, or Ninetales.
    3.) Legendaries. Moltres, Entei, Ho-Oh and Heatran (They're pretty awesome.
    4.)Moves. Fire Punch, Blast Burn, Blaze Kick, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Eruption, Magma Storm...

So Fire is my choice for obvious reasons.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • As you can tell, flying. They are fast, strong, and great against a variety of types.
    Next, dragon, then water, then steel, then fire.

As you can tell, flying. They are fast, strong, and great against a variety of types.
    Next, dragon, then water, then steel, then fire.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I guess these are my favorites. It is hard to pick from so many!
    (In this order, I guess.)

Fire
    Fighting
    Electric
    Ice
    Psychic
    Flying
    Poison
    Steel
    Bug

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • I've always loved Fire types, but I also like Ground, Psychic, Dragon, Normal, Flying, and Ice types, in that order.

Back